Lee Bullen Interview - Doesn't know what's going on.

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Nobody is forcing Bullen to be in the position that he is.

No, but it’s pretty poor if we are relying on Bullen to stand down voluntarily rather than the Chairman being proactive and making a decision.

It’s starting to descend into farce, and unfortunately I think Bullen will ultimately be out of a job (manager or coach).

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I know you say that in jest, but it is also possible we are waiting for someone. We have previous with that as we all know.

Yeah because waiting for someone on their terms has turned out well for us. 

Just now, s6 owl said:

He should come out and put pressure on the chairman by saying he doesn't want to the job full time and that a decision needs to be made if we are to kick on this season, if we carry on as it is right now then its going to be another long depressing season.

May be he wants the job?

Or like I said, maybe he knows the chairman has someone in mind but it's not worked out, so he doesn't want to push it and lose face with Chansiri?

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Bullen is out of his depth, and left exposed by his Chairman.

If Mr C doesn’t sort this out, poor old Bullen starts getting abuse and that’s not right.

He is not a manager, and shouldn’t be put in this position. 

Unfortunately I thin this has shown Bullen's ability as a coach and motivator. In a club where costs are being looked at you now have to ask what value does he add. We heard he was moved from U/23s by CC and given job of telling DC about club and traditions. Afterwards was left to put out cones. He was used by Jos in same way and then helped two Steve's transition. I know he has been good club man but everybody has to add something and I am not sure what it is.

I know he is a nice bloke but many could be for decent living.

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The problem we have is a Chairman not taking responsibility for the situation and just allowing things to drift.

Sort it now and we have half a chance of having a successful season. Let it continue and Mr C starts to get the backlash, not Bullen. Nobody blames Bullen for not being the right man for the job. If anything, people want to protect Lee, and let him get back to his support role.

Get your head out of the sand Mr C

Feel free to neg don’t give a shyte.

Agreed with all that except letting Bullen get back to his support role. I know he loves the club but he played a support role under Carlos & Jos. He's not isolated from our last 3 years of failure, he's part of it & needs to be nowhere near coaching the 1st team.

My biggest concern with Bullen is that his standards aren’t as high as Bruce. We beat teams last year and Bruce still said we need to do things better. Bullen praised the team after Preston and Millwall but we weren’t good enough. Today is the first time he’s said it’s not good enough but I don’t trust him to get a reaction.

30 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If Mr C doesn’t sort this out, poor old Bullen starts getting abuse and that’s not right.

He's backed himself for the job. That's why he's in this position. And he hasn't come out and said he doesn't want it yet after saying he feels ready for it and obviously tellling DC he wants it.

That's my big problem with Lee Bullen as great a servant as he's been he should never ever ever had said he feels ready ie wants this job, he ain't qualified for this job and he's gonna ruin our season

Edited by keepitsteel89

Bullen should really tell the chairman that he doesn't want it, or isn't ready for it.

That would be the honest, selfless thing to do.

Were he to do that, then the fans would be 100% behind him and his stock would never be higher with them.

If he continues in his current role then things will end badly for all concerned, not least for the King of Siam.

We'll not be whistling a happy tune, that's for sure.

So it appears weve got to that point, like we did, the last two times, where bullen is begging for help. 

This job, isnt for him. Hes had two goes previously and we got to this point again for a third time. 

Its bloody horrible watching it, because its quite obvious, this really hurts him. Sooner we sort this out the better, over to you DC. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest Arnold
37 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

To be fair thou, he said he was ready for it.