This goes deeper than Bullen

On 31/08/2019 at 21:47, owls maniac said:

We’ve seen too many times in the last three years that DC is a reactive owner. On this he needs to seize the initiative and get someone in for Huddersfield. 

I hope he finds us a manager before he goes swanning off and finding one for Huddersfield, FFS. :bullen:

• Haha 1

On 01/09/2019 at 14:42, Worksop Wednesday said:

Beat ;

Reading - v inexperienced Championship Manager 

Luton v inexperienced Championship Manager

Barnsley v inexperienced Championship Manager 

Lost;

QPR v EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 

Preston v EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 

Millwall v EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER

There is a theme, pattern etc 

Early days yet but i see where you are coming from ..

Look at other teams though historically and this season, Wagner promoted with Huddersfield on a shoestring - no champ experience, Wolves promoted on a big budget under Esperito Santo, no champ experience, Barnsley promoted to this league under Stendal, no champ experience, Charlton sitting pretty in 2nd under Bowyer, no experience of the championship, Bilic at West Brom, Scott Parker at Fulham etc etc then at the bottom Cocu at Derby, Cook at Wigan and Grant McCann at Hull

swings and roundabouts .. perhaps the fan base expecting too much. Many see us as a team that should be top 6 for the whole season .. we are a medicore mid table team and perhaps particular managers might come in with a bit of razzamatazz and lift us a bit like Bruce did (upturn in results/performances in general) but if Bullen is afforded time and we get behind him and the team then things might come good

who knows ...

On 31/08/2019 at 19:28, Jack the Hat said:

Possibly, but our main problem at the moment is Bullen.

I wouldn't say bullen is a problem, he should just be holding the fort for the incoming 'experienced' manager, then IF bully fancies management look into L1 or 2 or Scotland.

dc and any of us cannot expect bully to step into the first team management position and flourish, it's very rarely it happens, let alone happens twice in 6 years, and we know what happened with that one.

our main problem is we've spent heavily on players and wages, and failed to achieve our goal, now with those players mostly over the hill, plenty spent, and up to the hilt in P&S we look at rebuilding in the next 2 years (hopefully) using the common sense we should have used in the first place, BUT sadly 'common sense' doesn't grow on trees.

Edited by dorian gray
j

On 31/08/2019 at 17:35, Jakes Grandad said:

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

Top 6 squad if you ask me 

The players are probably as peed off as the supporters.

2 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

If Bruce had of been here we would be top 6 now

Bullen hasn't got a clue 

The squad in my opinion is definitely good enough for the playoffs 

But i haven't commented on any of that pal.

All i said was that "I very much doubt the players are are as peed of as the fans".

3 minutes ago, MAL said:

But i haven't commented on any of that pal.

All i said was that "I very much doubt the players are are as peed of as the fans".

What I was trying to get at was the players are just as pee off as the fans with Bullen 

Edited by Bluey9