This goes deeper than Bullen

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Here he is .. the font of all football knowledge.

Disagrees with anything you say? Standard reply 1: Says you know nothing about football :tango:

2 hours ago, torres said:

Not at all. 

Some very knowledgeable people on here who have good points or views that are logically discussed 

You however never seem to make any valid points or have the intelligence to back them up. 

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Ok anything you say mr. Football

1 hour ago, torres said:

Just proved my point 

Please keep it civil thanks

Like groundhog day with us. 

Chansiri will probably pull the trigger when we are too far behind to catch up. 

We will get someone in, have a resurgence in the second part of the season, but not enough to really do anything. 

Then get to the summer and the players, coaching staff will make all the right noises and then by the end of August they'll be up to their old tricks. 

Shame Bruce went... I do believe he would have got this squad performing well enough to at least get into the playoffs.

We'll never know. 

What I do know is that Bully isn't going to bridge that gap and a proper manager is needed. 

After today I think DC will finally see the light and appoint someone of vaguely the right calibre. 

Sadly Bruce was as good as we could have wished for and we need a bit of luck / inspiration to get close to what he would have done. 

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Players that couldn't give a flying fùck.

Absolute bottle jobs

We’ve been saying something similar since 1998. 

Personally, I think the club doesn’t have a decent structure and we need to get a chief exec and DoF and teams of who work under the DoF. 

Edited by Rogers

9 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Personally, I think the club doesn’t have a decent structure and we need to get a chief exec and DoF and teams of who work under the DoF. 

Sheffield Wednesday football club a disjointed mess and your right, its been that way a long old time. 

Weve had the odd moment, which papers over the cracks, but what we lack, what weve always lacked is foundation. 

Thats never been put down. A soild foundation, with that, you build an identity. 

13 hours ago, owls maniac said:

All I know is we need to make a decision. Surely we’ve seen enough games now to know one way or the other? At the moment it feels like DC is waiting for him to fizz it up before he can act, which is an approach that risks flipping up our season before it’s got going.

you maybe correct, in fact it's very likely you are.

if you were in dc's shoes, and wanted other than bullen, it would be very difficult and unpopular to appoint over bullen with us having such a successful opening, so you have to wait.

IF you are going to make such an (unpopular with some) appointment as pulis, then you'd need even more wiggle room.

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

how much would those appointments add to the £40 a game?

Wouldn’t have to add anything. 

Getting the right people in the right positions could save money in the long run. 

As as we have already started to see the benefit from with Bruce’s recruitment guys he brought in. 

Just now, kingsidney said:

Wouldn’t have to add anything. 

Getting the right people in the right positions could save money in the long run. 

As as we have already started to see the benefit from with Bruce’s recruitment guys he brought in. 

we don't exactly have a recent (or any other for that matter) track record of getting things right at s6, do we?

dc had 'advisors' in at the start, they didn't last long, and i'd love to have the details of all the meetings as to what went on. 

were they set on for a short time? do we know for sure?

were they got shut of because they saw flaws in the set up? and 'devil's advocate' wasn't needed?

were they got shut of because they saw flaws in coco? and that wasn't allowed?

did they not like dc's level of 'association' with doyen? heresy? 

were they seen as an unnecessary expense? perhaps?

I'd love to know.

besides, getting the right people in, and getting the right people in and acting on their input are two totally different things. 

i'm far from convinced that our closed season sales came anywhere near what bruce had expected/hoped.

17 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

I couldn't agree more, our players are just not good enough.  They can be better as a team as we saw under Bruce, but all in all can't see them getting us up.

Beat ;

Reading - v inexperienced Championship Manager 

Luton v inexperienced Championship Manager

Barnsley v inexperienced Championship Manager 

Lost;

QPR v EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 

Preston v EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 

Millwall v EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER

There is a theme, pattern etc 

On 31/08/2019 at 22:30, Rogers said:

Agree fully with this.

Does the club have a target of where it sees the commercial, academy and first team in 5 years time? The style of play and the type of player we are going to recruit? I would be very surprised if we do. 

Right now it feels very incoherent. If I were DC I would get in a CEO and a DOF, and then step back. Give them the remit of building all aspects of the club up over the next 5 years. Step back and support/ intervene when necessary. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Agree fully with this.

Does the club have a target of where it sees the commercial, academy and first team in 5 years time? The style of play and the type of player we are going to recruit? I would be very surprised if we do. 

Right now it feels very incoherent. If I were DC I would get in a CEO and a DOF, and then step back. Give them the remit of building all aspects of the club up over the next 5 years. Step back and support/ intervene when necessary. 

DC? Who is reported to micro manage every aspect of the club? Not gonna happen if that's true.

12 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

DC? Who is reported to micro manage every aspect of the club? Not gonna happen if that's true.

This is my greatest concern. And it is going to hold us back as a club whilst it continues. Read a great article the other day how at Norwich they have a football and commercial team in place who are able to establish a long term ethos, and the likes of Delia merely asked to be kept in the loop. This to me looks like the future, not what we have seen over the last 50 years with the domineering, interfering chairman.  

Edited by owls maniac

We've gambled supporting Lee, Chansiri's gambled supporting Lee.

You could argue he isn't ready to manage this group of players.

You could argue his coaching staff, who are relatively new to their roles aren't ready for the Championship.

We was very quick to lose our identity against QPR, to the point where the players probably didn't understand what was going on

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We've gambled supporting Lee, Chansiri's gambled supporting Lee.

You could argue he isn't ready to manage this group of players.

You could argue his coaching staff, who are relatively new to their roles aren't ready for the Championship.

We was very quick to lose our identity against QPR, to the point where the players probably didn't understand what was going on

We have an identity?

But I agree with your sentiment. The way we just totally collapsed after their first goal was shocking. QPR looked sharper than us all over the pitch, which really isn't acceptable. 

On 31/08/2019 at 17:35, Jakes Grandad said:

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

If the players really wanted LB as manager, all they had to do was to go out and win a match - which they could have done, I'm sure.  Speaks volumes...

On 31/08/2019 at 22:30, Rogers said:

I think this is something we need to accept as supporters. 

In my 20 years going to games I have never seen us play in the Premier League and we will continue to not play there until something changes big time.