This goes deeper than Bullen

I agree it does go deeper. Why have we made it to the international break without appointing anybody permenantly and allowing them to bring in a backroom staff? 

If it's the waiting for the right person excuse I'll scream. Give it to Bullen and let him have a team behind him, or give it somebody else and let them have a team behind them. 

As Cicero said - 'more is lost by indecision than wrong decision'. We are hoping things will go right rather than planning for things to go right. Some strong leadership is needed over the international break. 

31 minutes ago, torres said:

Stupid thing to say. Usually by those that don’t really understand football. 

Lose = must have bottled it 

There is a LOT wrong but it’s not down to bottling it!!

Here he is .. the font of all football knowledge.

Disagrees with anything you say? Standard reply 1: Says you know nothing about football :tango:

Edited by Hack-Abusi
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Here he is .. the font of all football knowledge.

Disagrees with anything you say? Standard reply 1: Says you know nothing about football :tango:

Not at all. 

Some very knowledgeable people on here who have good points or views that are logically discussed 

You however never seem to make any valid points or have the intelligence to back them up. 

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Not at all. 

Some very knowledgeable people on here who have good points or views that are logically discussed 

You however never seem to make any valid points or have the intelligence to back them up. 

Ok anything you say mr. Football

1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

It does go deeper than Bullen some of those players are not good enough and should already have been moved on.  Was some poor decisions tactically today. 'Counter attacking' ffs we are at home we should be on the front foot and pressuring teams.

we cannot go on the 'front foot' in 2 games every week, our side is past it's sell by date.

name me the players brought in under carlos that is now worth more than we paid for them?

it's because they are on their way down, as many as possible should have been got shut of, but they weren't, they were kept on (and I think bruce was far from pleased by that).

we have to counter attack as it commits less men, and we need those in defensive positions, and we don't have box to box energetic midfielders to support us at either end.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

This is at the heart of it. Swansea and Norwich are two examples of clubs who have gone down the club building path. Establishing an ethos with a long term strategy of where we want to be. We don’t have anything like that- DC is just hoping to get lucky. As a club we are just totally drifting and I can’t see it altering until we have new leadership at the top. 

the side stuart gray put in the field for the final 2 (shitorbust) games away at afcb and watford would wipe the floor with what we have now.

4 years on and all that wasted along with a fortune spent, and ground sold on, and we need to rebuild?

the time to build was when dc put his feet under the table, we already had great foundations, and needed 4/5 new players at most.

now we need another dozen plus over the next 2 years, and all of those must be good correct buys.

1 hour ago, shez owl said:

Bullen said in his interview when asked if he was getting the players to play his way, “the first thing I do is look at the opposition!” 

Yep I bet that’s what Wilder said when he walked in to the lane! :duntmatter:

you do look at the opposition. you look to nullify their best, and expose their worst.

it's what you decide to do about it, what you do if that isn't correct and needs corrective action?

in other words TACTICS and TACTICAL SUBSTITUTIONS.

Just now, Hack-Abusi said:

Haha I knew this was coming. I've just acknowledged what you've said and somehow that proves your point.

flipping hilarious Mr. Football

You are unable to argue a point logically or eloquently. 

When you have a decent point or one that you are able to discuss with a bit of intelligence I’ll be more than happy to converse 

Until then stop embarrassing yourself lass 

You are unable to argue a point logically or eloquently. 

When you have a decent point or one that you are able to discuss with a bit of intelligence I’ll be more than happy to converse 

Until then stop embarrassing yourself lass 

I've had plenty of logical and eloquent discussions with decent members on this forum ta

16 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

the side stuart gray put in the field for the final 2 (shitorbust) games away at afcb and watford would wipe the floor with what we have now.

4 years on and all that wasted along with a fortune spent, and ground sold on, and we need to rebuild?

the time to build was when dc put his feet under the table, we already had great foundations, and needed 4/5 new players at most.

now we need another dozen plus over the next 2 years, and all of those must be good correct buys.

It’s a mess mate. And sadly I just don’t think DC has the vision to execute it. Clubs are starting to cotton on to the sustainable way of doing things and we are in danger of being left behind hopping from one obscure gaffer to the next- with FFP concerns hanging over us. 

Sorry to paint such a grim picture, but I just can’t see much changing until we have a better owner. 

11 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

It’s a mess mate. And sadly I just don’t think DC has the vision to execute it. Clubs are starting to cotton on to the sustainable way of doing things and we are in danger of being left behind hopping from one obscure gaffer to the next- with FFP concerns hanging over us. 

Sorry to paint such a grim picture, but I just can’t see much changing until we have a better owner. 

i'm not going to jump on the guy and attempt to beat him up.

in thinking he could come to s6 and hike prices through the roof he was wrong, he could put them up to supplement our push, but the level of investment was decided by him and his associates.

for me, he was badly advised, perhaps even very badly, in staffing.

removing gray, to bring in someone with far reaching alternative ideas was costly, and wasn't needed.

the playing staff assembled was either expensively bought, expensively paid, or both. 

the club didn't benefit much from the money spent, and now is in more trouble than is presently showing.

I could say way more, but as I say, I don't want to beat him up, he stepped up to the plate when no one else was.

Edited by dorian gray

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

i'm not going to jump on the guy and attempt to beat him up.

in thinking he could come to s6 and hike prices through the roof he was wrong, he could put them up to supplement our push, but the level of investment was decided by him and his associates.

for me, he was badly advised, perhaps even very badly, in staffing.

removing gray, to bring in someone with far reaching alternative ideas was costly, and wasn't needed.

the playing staff assembled was either expensively bought, expensively paid, or both. 

the club didn't benefit mush from the money spent, and now is in more trouble than is presently showing.

I could say way more, but as I say, I don't want to beat him up, he stepped up to the plate when no one else was.

Absolutely. And the first year it nearly came off big style. But since then when we have needed to be more strategic it has all unravelled. I’m not going to beat him up, but I do think he is out of his depth here and doesn’t quite get the industry. His style of management also makes it unlikely he will pursue a DOF/ Norwich style of approach. 

We’ve got the likes of Bannan and Hutch who are reaching the end of their time here. We need a manager who can devise a long term plan of how we are going to rejuvenate the squad. Right now the whole Bullen fiasco shows we aren’t having those conversations. 

20 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Absolutely. And the first year it nearly came off big style. But since then when we have needed to be more strategic it has all unravelled. I’m not going to beat him up, but I do think he is out of his depth here and doesn’t quite get the industry. His style of management also makes it unlikely he will pursue a DOF/ Norwich style of approach. 

We’ve got the likes of Bannan and Hutch who are reaching the end of their time here. We need a manager who can devise a long term plan of how we are going to rejuvenate the squad. Right now the whole Bullen fiasco shows we aren’t having those conversations. 

He seems to be born into the background role - I was all for him stepping up and showing us he is ready to step out of the shadows. 

I honestly don’t think he would have had to do anything mind blowing to get the job. Just do what he has done for 3 games here and there before. Steady the ship until January and see if it’s worth giving him a bit of money. 

Find a formation, find the best players to fit it, who give us the right balance between defence and offence 

I was pleased with the 433 set up, I was pleased with the initial team selection, I was willing to give him time to tweak it and iron out the difficulties we found, in terms of consistency of performance, tempo and style 

(ignoring the cup) Today baffled me, for all the reasons that have been mentioned (none more than the move to 5 at the back and the personnel he chose to fill the roles)

The question is in this “interview period” has he gone backwards or shown progression? 

It seems to be the former to me. 

He seems to be born into the background role - I was all for him stepping up and showing us he is ready to step out of the shadows. 

I honestly don’t think he would have had to do anything mind blowing to get the job. Just do what he has done for 3 games here and there before. Steady the ship until January and see if it’s worth giving him a bit of money. 

Find a formation, find the best players to fit it, who give us the right balance between defence and offence 

I was pleased with the 433 set up, I was pleased with the initial team selection, I was willing to give him time to tweak it and iron out the difficulties we found, in terms of consistency of performance, tempo and style 

(ignoring the cup) Today baffled me, for all the reasons that have been mentioned (none more than the move to 5 at the back and the personnel he chose to fill the roles)

The question is in this “interview period” has he gone backwards or shown progression? 

It seems to be the former to me. 

All I know is we need to make a decision. Surely we’ve seen enough games now to know one way or the other? At the moment it feels like DC is waiting for him to fizz it up before he can act, which is an approach that risks flipping up our season before it’s got going.

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

All I know is we need to make a decision. Surely we’ve seen enough games now to know one way or the other? At the moment it feels like DC is waiting for him to fizz it up before he can act, which is an approach that risks flipping up our season before it’s got going.

I agree, DC’s stance is good for no one, Bullen, the players, the club or the supporters 

I agree, DC’s stance is good for no one, Bullen, the players, the club or the supporters 

We’ve seen too many times in the last three years that DC is a reactive owner. On this he needs to seize the initiative and get someone in for Huddersfield.