Jump to content
Jakes Grandad

This goes deeper than Bullen

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

Edited by Jakes Grandad
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players that couldn't give a flying fùck.

 

Absolute bottle jobs

  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good organisation makes hell of a difference. 

 

I accept that some players are not suitable against certain opposition unfortunately our manager has no idea who will play well against who. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

'this goes deeper than bullen' then 'bizarre decisions tactically'.  WTF:

has bullen resigned or been fired and someone else is responsible for tactics?

 

without doubt a squad at the time in it's pomp and assembled for a promotion push some 4 years ago will be past their best, that's why we've been counter attacking, that's why others had had more possession, because coco had the best from them and then effed off leaving others to pick up the mess.

a good manager will make a difference, but not get us up as the squad (for me) is made up of people bruce wanted rid of so he could bring more suitable in, but it seems we like hanging onto things at s6.

without major surgery to the squad we're only going in one direction over the next two seasons.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a bit of a stream saw bullen strolling about the technical area hands in his pockets puffing out his cheeks.

  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Players that couldn't give a flying fùck.

 

Absolute bottle jobs

once 'team' players see the bloke at the top ain't up to it, enough of them will nock a notch off, they'll jack.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

'this goes deeper than bullen' then 'bizarre decisions tactically'.  WTF:

has bullen resigned or been fired and someone else is responsible for tactics?

 

without doubt a squad at the time in it's pomp and assembled for a promotion push some 4 years ago will be past their best, that's why we've been counter attacking, that's why others had had more possession, because coco had the best from them and then effed off leaving others to pick up the mess.

a good manager will make a difference, but not get us up as the squad (for me) is made up of people bruce wanted rid of so he could bring more suitable in, but it seems we like hanging onto things at s6.

without major surgery to the squad we're only going in one direction over the next two seasons.

It does go deeper than Bullen some of those players are not good enough and should already have been moved on.  Was some poor decisions tactically today. 'Counter attacking' ffs we are at home we should be on the front foot and pressuring teams.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

'this goes deeper than bullen' then 'bizarre decisions tactically'.  WTF:

has bullen resigned or been fired and someone else is responsible for tactics?

 

without doubt a squad at the time in it's pomp and assembled for a promotion push some 4 years ago will be past their best, that's why we've been counter attacking, that's why others had had more possession, because coco had the best from them and then effed off leaving others to pick up the mess.

a good manager will make a difference, but not get us up as the squad (for me) is made up of people bruce wanted rid of so he could bring more suitable in, but it seems we like hanging onto things at s6.

without major surgery to the squad we're only going in one direction over the next two seasons.

True.

Bruce did say that it would take a couple of seasons to sort it out, and it will.

Even when Bruce was here I was saying I would be glad with a top 6 finish, still possible with 40 games to go and no stand out team in the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We looked lightweight compared to QPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

No ones built an ethos at this club. The only thing I see from Bullen is setting up the be disciplined. I don’t see how he wants us to attack. Millwall, Luton, Preston, Rotherham and today we have looked devoid of how to create chances. 

This is at the heart of it. Swansea and Norwich are two examples of clubs who have gone down the club building path. Establishing an ethos with a long term strategy of where we want to be. We don’t have anything like that- DC is just hoping to get lucky. As a club we are just totally drifting and I can’t see it altering until we have new leadership at the top. 

Edited by owls maniac
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

We looked lightweight compared to QPR

We've looked lightweight since SG got his marching orders. 

  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does go deeper. It needs leadership from the top, it needs a proper manager installing and the players having a confidence that there is a plan in place. 

 

You can't do things like this and not expect it eventually to bite. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

No ones built an ethos at this club. The only thing I see from Bullen is setting up the be disciplined. I don’t see how he wants us to attack. Millwall, Luton, Preston, Rotherham and today we have looked devoid of how to create chances. 

 

He’s a defensive coach, that’s why we are awful going forwards.

 

..also teams know if they have a go we tend to roll over - we are so predictable it’s untrue.

 

Its a total mess which only DC can sort but not for the first time when a big decision is needed, he just vanishes

 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullen said in his interview when asked if he was getting the players to play his way, “the first thing I do is look at the opposition!” 

 

Yep I bet that’s what Wilder said when he walked in to the lane! :duntmatter:

  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shez owl said:

Bullen said in his interview when asked if he was getting the players to play his way, “the first thing I do is look at the opposition!” 

 

Yep I bet that’s what Wilder said when he walked in to the lane! :duntmatter:

Not a great sign is it. Irvine use to do the same. Always waffle on about the opposition and what they do. 

 

Even today we go 2-1 down and his solution is to match their formation, which quite unbelievably made us worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shez owl said:

Bullen said in his interview when asked if he was getting the players to play his way, “the first thing I do is look at the opposition!” 

 

Yep I bet that’s what Wilder said when he walked in to the lane! :duntmatter:

 

With that attitude we’ve no hope.

 

Maybe if it’s away at Stamford Bridge, Anfield etc

 

...but home to QPR?  Jaysus!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Players that couldn't give a flying fùck.

 

Absolute bottle jobs

 

Stupid thing to say. Usually by those that don’t really understand football. 

 

Lose = must have bottled it 

 

There is a LOT wrong but it’s not down to bottling it!!

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quist said:

Good organisation makes hell of a difference. 

 

I accept that some players are not suitable against certain opposition unfortunately our manager has no idea who will play well against who. 

 

Totally agree. 

 

Organisation is key and has been for a while. For too long we’ve got by on individuals and not team ethic. 

 

If the individuals don’t perform to a high standard we have nothing in the foundations 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...