Jakes Grandad

This goes deeper than Bullen

Posted (edited)

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

Edited by Jakes Grandad
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Agree 5

Players that couldn't give a flying fùck.

Absolute bottle jobs

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Good organisation makes hell of a difference. 

I accept that some players are not suitable against certain opposition unfortunately our manager has no idea who will play well against who. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Looking at some of our players today I just thought for the experience we have we just looked clueless. QPR got back in and there just seemed some bizarre decisions tactically. I have said in another post at times it reminded me of Burton game 2 years ago and this time we cant hide behind injuries. It looks obvious to most if not all that a new manager is a priority and a big clear out next summer because this squad as is will not get us promoted.

'this goes deeper than bullen' then 'bizarre decisions tactically'.  WTF:

has bullen resigned or been fired and someone else is responsible for tactics?

without doubt a squad at the time in it's pomp and assembled for a promotion push some 4 years ago will be past their best, that's why we've been counter attacking, that's why others had had more possession, because coco had the best from them and then effed off leaving others to pick up the mess.

a good manager will make a difference, but not get us up as the squad (for me) is made up of people bruce wanted rid of so he could bring more suitable in, but it seems we like hanging onto things at s6.

without major surgery to the squad we're only going in one direction over the next two seasons.

• Agree 1

Watched a bit of a stream saw bullen strolling about the technical area hands in his pockets puffing out his cheeks.

• Agree 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Absolute bottle jobs

once 'team' players see the bloke at the top ain't up to it, enough of them will nock a notch off, they'll jack.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

without doubt a squad at the time in it's pomp and assembled for a promotion push some 4 years ago will be past their best, that's why we've been counter attacking, that's why others had had more possession, because coco had the best from them and then effed off leaving others to pick up the mess.

a good manager will make a difference, but not get us up as the squad (for me) is made up of people bruce wanted rid of so he could bring more suitable in, but it seems we like hanging onto things at s6.

without major surgery to the squad we're only going in one direction over the next two seasons.

It does go deeper than Bullen some of those players are not good enough and should already have been moved on.  Was some poor decisions tactically today. 'Counter attacking' ffs we are at home we should be on the front foot and pressuring teams.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

True.

Bruce did say that it would take a couple of seasons to sort it out, and it will.

Even when Bruce was here I was saying I would be glad with a top 6 finish, still possible with 40 games to go and no stand out team in the division.

We looked lightweight compared to QPR

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

No ones built an ethos at this club. The only thing I see from Bullen is setting up the be disciplined. I don’t see how he wants us to attack. Millwall, Luton, Preston, Rotherham and today we have looked devoid of how to create chances. 

This is at the heart of it. Swansea and Norwich are two examples of clubs who have gone down the club building path. Establishing an ethos with a long term strategy of where we want to be. We don’t have anything like that- DC is just hoping to get lucky. As a club we are just totally drifting and I can’t see it altering until we have new leadership at the top. 

Edited by owls maniac
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

We looked lightweight compared to QPR

We've looked lightweight since SG got his marching orders. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

It does go deeper. It needs leadership from the top, it needs a proper manager installing and the players having a confidence that there is a plan in place. 

You can't do things like this and not expect it eventually to bite. 

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

No ones built an ethos at this club. The only thing I see from Bullen is setting up the be disciplined. I don’t see how he wants us to attack. Millwall, Luton, Preston, Rotherham and today we have looked devoid of how to create chances. 

He’s a defensive coach, that’s why we are awful going forwards.

..also teams know if they have a go we tend to roll over - we are so predictable it’s untrue.

Its a total mess which only DC can sort but not for the first time when a big decision is needed, he just vanishes

• Agree 5

Bullen said in his interview when asked if he was getting the players to play his way, “the first thing I do is look at the opposition!” 

Yep I bet that’s what Wilder said when he walked in to the lane! :duntmatter:

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, shez owl said:

Bullen said in his interview when asked if he was getting the players to play his way, “the first thing I do is look at the opposition!” 

Not a great sign is it. Irvine use to do the same. Always waffle on about the opposition and what they do. 

Even today we go 2-1 down and his solution is to match their formation, which quite unbelievably made us worse

1 minute ago, shez owl said:

With that attitude we’ve no hope.

Maybe if it’s away at Stamford Bridge, Anfield etc

...but home to QPR?  Jaysus!

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Absolute bottle jobs

Stupid thing to say. Usually by those that don’t really understand football. 

Lose = must have bottled it 

There is a LOT wrong but it’s not down to bottling it!!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Good organisation makes hell of a difference. 

I accept that some players are not suitable against certain opposition unfortunately our manager has no idea who will play well against who. 

Totally agree. 

Organisation is key and has been for a while. For too long we’ve got by on individuals and not team ethic. 

If the individuals don’t perform to a high standard we have nothing in the foundations 

• Agree 2