Full backs

57 minutes ago, Garry Powell said:

Full backs were not the problem . Too many invisible midfield players and 1 up top is not the answer.

Too many midfielders? We changed from 3 to 2 for some bizarre reason after winning both homes using 433.

And we played two up top today. Big mistake. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I don't mind two up front. 

I like the old fashioned partnerships.

Usually helps if they aren't 30 yards apart though...

You know who I mean. 

Four seasons with FF in a two and an average of less than one goal per game as a team.....and STILL we revert back to it after finding a successful 433 formula. 

Playing Harris and Reach as wide midfield players in a 442  left the midfield wide open for QPR today. 

It I may work in a 352 where  we have an extra man in midfield or 433 where they play off Fletcher but not in 442 where we effectively have a flat back 5 as the fullbacks don't help the midfield and Hutchinson sat deep.

Time and time again QPR drove a bus through our midfield and the manager did nothing to change it.

Well we had a thread on here all week saying Fox and Palmer had to start.

As I said in that they give you nothing going forward which is not acceptable in the modern game.

If you aren’t getting anything from your fullbacks then your midfield has to be very good and ours isn’t.

They were equally bad last week with three in there but guess FF will get all the blame from usual suspects on here.

Thought he did ok first half, was obviously knackered second but Bullen for some unknown reason left him on which was nonsense.

The formation was obviously wrong and it looked like that is what the players thought as well.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Nobody passes to Fox cos they know he’ll not be able to control it!

Apart from when he controlled it to put the only 2 decent balls in the box all game eh