Decision time!

Disappointing result today.  

Referee was shocking, but we can't solely blame the referee today.  Poor performance all round.  

Now time to make a decision with the international break coming up.  

I backed Bullen since Bruce got the sack, as we needed stability and continuity given the circumstances we were faced with and the fixtures that were coming thick and fast.  I think Bullen has given us that.  

Now onto whether Bullen should be given the manager's job, as much as I thought he was the right man for the job, I don't think he is the best man for the job.  Cracking coach, top bloke, but we need something extra.  

Also for Bullen to get the job, I think he needs the majority of the supporters on board otherwise he won't last long.  

Therefore to come full circle, DC now needs to go out and get a top class manager in.  

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

Disappointing result today.  

Referee was shocking, but we can't solely blame the referee today.  Poor performance all round.  

Now time to make a decision with the international break coming up.  

I backed Bullen since Bruce got the sack, as we needed stability and continuity given the circumstances we were faced with and the fixtures that were coming thick and fast.  I think Bullen has given us that.  

Now onto whether Bullen should be given the manager's job, as much as I thought he was the right man for the job, I don't think he is the best man for the job.  Cracking coach, top bloke, but we need something extra.  

Also for Bullen to get the job, I think he needs the majority of the supporters on board otherwise he won't last long.  

Therefore to come full circle, DC now needs to go out and get a top class manager in.  

Decision is made mate

I just don't see how DC can still be seriously thinking about giving Bullen the job.

If he wasn't sure before today, and don't see how anything he witnessed in that second half would have done anything other than convince him we need someone else in charge.

I've seen worse overall performances, but that 2nd half was truly abysmal. God knows where it came from.

Chansiri’s silence since the end of last season is bewildering. We’ve had the departure of the CEO, delayed accounts, the ground sale, a manager quitting, a supposed club ‘legend’ put in charge and the whole SAG fiasco and yet throughout it all the figurehead of the club hasn’t uttered a word publicly. Have you ever witnessed anything like it at any other club? 

It leaves me to wonder if we have any kind of plan or strategy either for the football club or the managerial position. My perception at the moment is that we have neither, and that’s the biggest worry in all this. 

Just now, paulrs said:

Chansiri’s silence since the end of last season is bewildering. We’ve had the departure of the CEO, delayed accounts, the ground sale, a manager quitting, a supposed club ‘legend’ put in charge and the whole SAG fiasco and yet throughout it all the figurehead of the club hasn’t uttered a word publicly. Have you ever witnessed anything like it at any other club? 

It leaves me to wonder if we have any kind of plan or strategy either for the football club or the managerial position. My perception at the moment is that we have neither, and that’s the biggest worry in all this. 

Whether it’s true or not it comes across as a lack of interest at the moment.

I like Chansiri and want him to do well but he’s going about it the wrong way in this industry.  We’re not a business, we are a football club with a fan base and those people need updating with what’s happening. Otherwise we could stop paying the high ticket prices to attend matches 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Whether it’s true or not it comes across as a lack of interest at the moment.

I like Chansiri and want him to do well but he’s going about it the wrong way in this industry.  We’re not a business, we are a football club with a fan base and those people need updating with what’s happening. Otherwise we could stop paying the high ticket prices to attend matches 

Tend to think the same. Either that or he’s tired of it all. But if that’s the case then at least employ someone to run the club in his absence. At the moment we just seem to be meandering along. 

Its also notable that in Bullens interviews it sounds like he and Chansiri barely speak whereas I got the impression Chansiri and Carlos were in constant contact.

And you’re bang on about the comms side. Whether he likes it or not, football club supporters demand a certain flow of information and when they don’t get it it causes mistrust, frustration, rumours, conspiracy theories, and other problems. 

Chansiri has never got to grips with this and if anything we’re  going backwards in that regard 

We need to make a permanent appointment. Terrible sense of drift at the moment. Not many top class managers out there who are available / would come. I know he was a horrible player but Bowyer’s doing one hell of a job at Charlton. I was delighted when we appointed Bruce because we needed someone to steady the ship. Feels a bit now like we should roll the dice - if it doesn’t quite work out, I don’t think we’ll go down, but if it does maybe team could achieve something greater than the sum of its parts. 

DC is very slow to make changes, but does usually pull a rabbit out of the hat on occasions. 

Needs to get a move of though and pull a big flipping rabbit from his hat sharpish as this season is close to going down the bottom very quickly.

Still plenty of time, but only with decisive action, which to be fair should have happened 7 weeks ago after Bruce left.

Edited by striker

Chansiri probably wasn’t even there. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Dogs testicles 6 weeks ago to some of you but now made a dogs dinner of managerial situation. If he’s seen anything of the last 3 games he needs to act. However I’ve no faith in him.