Goals offside?

Their first looked ok, but Hugil was offside when the ball was first played over and benefited from that when his team mate slotted the ball across. 

But it’s really not important, they were so much better than us and deserved to win by more. We were played off the park and if it were boxing, the referee would have stopped the contest well before the end. We had zero answers to a great performance by QPR.

First was a fantastic through ball and Hughill was onside.

The 2nd Hughill was offside when the  1st ball was played through, but he didn't touch the ball the winger ran onto it from an onside position, he then played it onto Hughill who then scored from an onside position.

By the laws it should have counted, I remember Van Nistelroy used to do it regularly

It looked like some of our defenders stopped, they need to play to the whistle,  although the offside rule is poo imo.

Anyway despite the question of offside, the dodgy officials and QPR's antics, they fully deserved to win. That doesn't say much though we were very poor.

3 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

First was a fantastic through ball and Hughill was onside.

The 2nd Hughill was offside when the  1st ball was played through, but he didn't touch the ball the winger ran onto it from an onside position, he then played it onto Hughill who then scored from an onside position.

By the laws it should have counted, I remember Van Nistelroy used to do it regularly

It looked like some of our defenders stopped, they need to play to the whistle,  although the offside rule is poo imo.

Anyway despite the question of offside, the dodgy officials and QPR's antics, they fully deserved to win. That doesn't say much though we were very poor.

Totally this - our victim players and fans then turn the attention to the ref rather than taking responsibility themselves, and getting on the front foot.

54 minutes ago, Daz said:

Their first looked ok, but Hugil was offside when the ball was first played over and benefited from that when his team mate slotted the ball across. 

But it’s really not important, they were so much better than us and deserved to win by more. We were played off the park and if it were boxing, the referee would have stopped the contest well before the end. We had zero answers to a great performance by QPR.

For all that, QPR old manned the ref all game.

The 2 most ineffective players today for Wed's were fan's favourites, Bannan and Forestieri.

There is a quote in another post about CC maybe waiting for a certain manager to get the sack (;-)?), who knows, if it was my choice I would go for either Rowett or Monk.

I’d say both were offside but need to see replays. 

unfortunately it doesn’t matter now if they were or weren’t.

What does matter is that we get an actual manager in ASAP. I like LB but I think he’s too matey with the players. We need someone to give them a kick up the backside & hairdryer treatment  

1 hour ago, Daz said:

totally agree and it was no surprise after the previous 4 very poor performances , we stole a win off luton who should have been 2-0 up at ht in last home game. 

22 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

First goal, Hugill offside but inactive at that point.

FLC.2019.Sheffield Wednesday.vs.QPR.310819.720p.30fps.mkv_snapshot_01.31.07.562.jpg

He became active when he set off to get on the end of the through ball, he knew he was off, put up his hands and checked his run and got into the box to score the goal. He should have been given offside when he showed interest in the first ball. That all been said we got what we deserved.