Cowleys get them in

Just now, Drewswfc said:

Huddersfield could be the next sunderland/stoke

had a chat with a hudder's fan last week he was distraught at his team, owner, manager and squad convinced they were going down again and we'd get 6 pts off them 

also said word was they are after the Cowleys and hughton 

Our next game against Huddersfield could be interesting in various ways. Sounds like it could be a proper stink fest horror show, going on respective performances this season or we could both have new managers in charge to lift us both. But on the other hand we could still be dithering about with Bully, whilst they have in charge someone like Hughton or the Cowley's or going by the sounds of it, decent managers might be being put off both jobs? Huddersfield seem to be a sinking ship and we appear from the outside a difficult club to work for, more than likely we could both have an obscure Carlos/Jos type each in charge when we meet at their place?

Edited by The Night-Owl

12 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm baffled as to why so many seem to think the cowley's come with some sort of guarantee that it will be only upwards

What have they achieved that say, Gareth Ainsworth hasn't?

And why no clamour for him?

Bizarre

Used to play with Ainsworth mad as a box of frogs! 

Where do you think we should look Scram? 

39 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm baffled as to why so many seem to think the cowley's come with some sort of guarantee that it will be only upwards

Bizarre

He's had one promotion from League two level, whereas the Cowley's have worked their way up from non League, had a few promotions and Cup runs. I'd personally like us to take a punt on the Cowley's or Michael Flynn or to go for someone like Alex Neil. Instead of the usual out of work names. However I don't see DC being that forward thinking and I don't think he'll go for a high profile foreign name either. We'll most probably end up with an out of work has been looking for another pay day or another obscure Carlos or Jos type.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Ainsworth is working with one of the lowest budgets in the entire EFL - even though his team are in the upper reaches of league 1

What he's done is remarkable - and still up there with the much vaunted cowleys

But yeah,  damn him because he hasn't won national league south whatever

2 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Living in Huddersfield just been told by a friend ITK that Cowley's in advanced talks with the Terriers.

It will be interesting if the terriers have Cowley in the dugout in 2 weeks and we still have Bullen or Pulis.  

They'll ruin their reputation if they go to.Huddersfield. I don't see anyone saving that sinking ship this season. Wish we'd have the foresight and nous to target someone on the rise over here or abroad.  I fear for us if we continue thinking short termist. Hardly any teams get promoted from this level after bringing in a new man during the season. It's not short term we need. We should look at teams like Villa; Norwich, the Pigs, Huddersfield and Leeds, etc. By going for someone on the rise or a high profile foreign manager to rebuild and build an identity. I think we need to be smart about it and to be more forward long term thinking. 

10 minutes ago, scram said:

Ainsworth is working with one of the lowest budgets in the entire EFL - even though his team are in the upper reaches of league 1

What he's done is remarkable - and still up there with the much vaunted cowleys

But yeah,  damn him because he hasn't won national league south whatever

He'd be an interesting punt for a forward thinking ambitious club as would be the likes of Flynn and the Cowley's. However, we don't seem to even consider managers on the rise. We seem to either go for out of work obscure foreign managers or experienced out of work managers over here. I don't think we'll go for anyone like the likes of Alex Neil; Rowett, Bowyer, the Cowley's, Ainsworth or Flynn, for example.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

He'd be an interesting punt for a forward thinking ambitious club as would be the likes of Flynn and the Cowley's. However, we don't seem to even consider managers on the rise. We seem to either go for out of work obscure foreign managers or experienced out of work managers over here. I don't think we'll go for anyone like the likes of Alex Neil; Rowett, Bowyer, the Cowley's, Ainsworth or Flynn, for example.

Can’t see Bowyer coming here when he’s at his hometown team, has lots of credit in the bank after a promotion and has a team performing well at the same level. On top of that, he’s an ex pro who’s earnt a lot of money from the game so might be less likely to be swayed by us paying higher wages than Charlton. So he’s probably out 

Neil similarly is at a team achieving the same as us, but might be tempted by the money given he’s had no career of note 

Cowley, Ainsworth and Flynn are lower league managers and have no experience of the championship. Not sure why everyone thinks they can all replicate a League 2 promotion into a championship promotion, or why they’d be any more likely to succeed at this level than the so called failures at this level. It’s just a tougher league.. would imagine most of the out of work championship managers could do a good job lower down the leagues.

for me, the right course for the Cowley’s to prove they deserve a chance at a club like Sheffield Wednesday is for them to get Lincoln up from League 1, then consolidate them at this level. So maybe in a couple of years they’d be worthy of consideration. Going for them now is just a massive gamble and they haven’t achieved enough in the game at a high enough level, and probably wouldn’t command the respect of the first team, who are mostly earning 20k a week, which is money that the Cowley’s can only have dreamt about. Will be a massive imbalance if they come right now and it probably won’t work 

1 hour ago, scram said:

Bizarre

I still haven’t forgiven you for saying Abdi was one of the best players outside the Prem when we signed him. lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t see Bowyer coming here when he’s at his hometown team, has lots of credit in the bank after a promotion and has a team performing well at the same level. On top of that, he’s an ex pro who’s earnt a lot of money from the game so might be less likely to be swayed by us paying higher wages than Charlton. So he’s probably out 

Neil similarly is at a team achieving the same as us, but might be tempted by the money given he’s had no career of note 

Cowley, Ainsworth and Flynn are lower league managers and have no experience of the championship. Not sure why everyone thinks they can all replicate a League 2 promotion into a championship promotion, or why they’d be any more likely to succeed at this level than the so called failures at this level. It’s just a tougher league.. would imagine most of the out of work championship managers could do a good job lower down the leagues.

for me, the right course for the Cowley’s to prove they deserve a chance at a club like Sheffield Wednesday is for them to get Lincoln up from League 1, then consolidate them at this level. So maybe in a couple of years they’d be worthy of consideration. Going for them now is just a massive gamble and they haven’t achieved enough in the game at a high enough level, and probably wouldn’t command the respect of the first team, who are mostly earning 20k a week, which is money that the Cowley’s can only have dreamt about. Will be a massive imbalance if they come right now and it probably won’t work 

If our first team players can’t respect the manager because the manager hasn’t earned the same amount of money they have then what does that say about them? If that’s their attitude then they are not the kind of players to get us promoted and are just big time Charlie’s only interested in themselves and their bank balances. Probably why after years of investment and tens of millions of pounds spent we are still a team of labouring wasters.