steelowl

Cowleys get them in

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You've some need to talk with the nightmares your name inspires!

Everywhere I go I'm reminded that I've lost it all.

All of it!

You hear me?!

All of it!

snoot2.png

They say you're not truly rich until you have it all, lose it and then get it all back.

You will be fine old chap. 

1 minute ago, Lump On said:

So we go from Steve Bruce and almost certainty the Playoffs to Ryan Lowe and the complete unknown.... thats amazing even for Wednesday.

Who said that? It didn't do Villa any harm, replacing Bruce with someone on the rise. At least the likes of the Cowley's; Lowe, Tisdale, Ainsworth, etc have achieved something, unlike Rowett. Just think in our situation, we need a long term appointment, as teams rarely get promoted at this level after replacing their manager during the season, Villa were one of the rare exceptions in recent history, plus we still need a lot of rebuilding. I'd personally rather us be forward thinking and to start doing things smarter and long term, rather than merely settling for out of work has beens or failures, when we could be in a similar frustrating situation this time next year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

giphy-downsized.gif.acb9f959b7ccd3be343c8e91cde16a94.gif

• Like 1

unnamed.gif.253b8537f8fa3d00a117c5e74d1dadc7.gif

Nando' may not like this one ......WTF:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Who said that? It didn't do Villa any harm, replacing Bruce with someone on the rise. At least the likes of the Cowley's; Lowe, Tisdale, Ainsworth, etc have achieved something, unlike Rowett. Just think in our situation, we need a long term appointment, as teams rarely get promoted at this level after replacing their manager during the season, Villa were one of the rare exceptions in recent history, plus we still need a lot of rebuilding. I'd personally rather us be forward thinking and to start doing things smarter and long term, rather than merely settling for out of work has beens or failures, when we could be in a similar frustrating situation this time next year. 

I think Dean Smith had more of a pedigree than some of the lower league managers being mentioned. 

I think Bruce would have got Villa up for what its worth.

5 minutes ago, Lump On said:

They say you're not truly rich until you have it all, lose it and then get it all back.

You will be fine old chap. 

Better be.

I've lumped Stubbs and The Owlstalk server on The Cowleys. 

Don't tell Herr Hargreaves though.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

unnamed.gif.253b8537f8fa3d00a117c5e74d1dadc7.gif

Nando' may not like this one ......WTF:

*Opens up new (Incognito Tab) on Chrome and proceeds to fill a bin with crusty toilet roll*

Edited by Lump On
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Lump On said:

image.jpeg.83225e4bd347fb3dc23521e5a1b5d496.jpeg

Some mugs on here already feeling like that thanks to your "Lump on Rowett fred, FFS lol . 80% of Sheffields children will not be getting birthday/Christmas gifts this year due to you convincing them poor kids gullible parents to put Chardonnay's money for a round the world cruise onto Rowett to be our manager.

I picked up a disformed potato today but it didn't remind me of anyone cos it wasn't a cabbage; so I frew it away, FFS. :bullen:

• Haha 2

Chansiri needs to appoint a manager tomorrow. He’s making owls fans look like idiots as they react to all the speculation that comes about in the modern game, social media etc.

Quite amazing how we’ve gone from feeling optimistic at the start of summer to  fed up within about 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Some mugs on here already feeling like that thanks to your "Lump on Rowett fred, FFS lol . 80% of Sheffields children will not be getting birthday/Christmas gifts this year due to you convincing them poor kids gullible parents to put Chardonnay's money for a round the world cruise onto Rowett to be our manager.

I picked up a disformed potato today but it didn't remind me of anyone cos it wasn't a cabbage; so I frew it away, FFS. :bullen:

Hey there not Mugs there my fans. 

I've always got a lump on for my fans.

Edited by Lump On
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lump On said:

I think Dean Smith had more of a pedigree than some of the lower league managers being mentioned. 

Bruce laid down the ground work at Villa and the same here, Smith finished it off at Villa. To be honest our squad still needed more rebuilding when Bruce was still here, I thought realistically we had a chance to be a dark horse with him. Despite some decent summer recruitment, we're still relying on quite a few ageing unreliable inconsistent players, that couldn't get us up during their peak.

I'd say, we need to take a leaf from Villa's book and the likes of Norwich and the Pigs. We need to start thinking long term and being more forward thinking. I'd much prefer us to rebuild and to gradually build an identity with someone on the rise with experience at this level or in the Lower Leagues, such as the likes of Neil; Johnson, Cook, The Cowley's, Flynn, Tisdale or Ainsworth, etc. Rather than merely settling for the typical merry go round out of work has beens and failures.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lump On said:

They were a miles away from getting promoted when they sacked Bruce. 

It needed a massive run to make the play offs under Smith. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I have an awful feeling Bullen will be in charge for the Huddersfield match.

I'm starting to worry he'll still be in charge for udders at home, Saturday 18th April 2020 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Middlewood Owl said:

I'm starting to worry he'll still be in charge for udders at home, Saturday 18th April 2020 

Something needs to happen in the next week 

4 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

She was gorgeous.

I can just see her running towards me from our private beach, towards the palm trees with the cooling wind, sun setting in the background.

Got to go now.

• Haha 1