Cowleys get them in

Just now, vulva said:

Fair point. Will fetch the Chocolate Limes and call a truce. 

ooh chocolate limes haven't had one of them for .... a long time 

back on topic glad you agree about the cowleys

for everyone saying they haven't championship experience they will have this time next year 

said it several times and i know quite a few agree and a lot disagree  they will be big names soon 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

ooh chocolate limes haven't had one of them for .... a long time 

back on topic glad you agree about the cowleys

for everyone saying they haven't championship experience they will have this time next year 

said it several times and i know quite a few agree and a lot disagree  they will be big names soon 

Totally agree, and not just on the Chocolate Limes. Honestly think they are the next big thing. Would they come? I reckon they’d leap frog the River at Dunham Bridge.

Interesting choice Danny Cowley and someone who should certainly be considered.

His record is very good not only his promotions but also getting none league Lincoln to the FA cup quarter final.

In interviews comes over as thoughtful and intelligent probably down to his University education.

I watched Lincolns cup run with interest a couple of years ago, it was exciting but the football was very direct.

I don't think I have actually seen them play since the cup run, do they still play very direct or have they refined the style ?

The reason I am asking this is I am not convinced that very direct football is the way to go in the championship.

FWIW. I think he will end up at Huddersfield who like to take a punt with managers.

Highly impressive 

Managerial record by team and tenure

Team From
Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record Ref.
P W D L Win %
Braintree Town 30 April 2015 13 May 2016 53 26 13 14 49.1 [8][12][24]
Lincoln City 13 May 2016 Present 182 98 48 36 53.8 [12][25]
Total 235 124 61 50 52.8
To Record Ref. P W D L Win % Braintree Town 30 April 2015 13 May 2016 53 26 13 14 49.1 [8][12][24] Lincoln City 13 May 2016 Present 182 98 48 36 53.8 [12][25] Total 235 124 61 50 52.8

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

Totally agree, and not just on the Chocolate Limes. Honestly think they are the next big thing. Would they come? I reckon they’d leap frog the River at Dunham Bridge.

No they are smart cookies, they would just probably pay the 40p toll .

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Wish we would have the ambition, foresight and forward thinking to go and bring in someone on the rise like the Cowley's. I'd personally much prefer them to the typical out of work has beens or failures.

You don’t fancy a return for Curbishley then I take it?

6 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

You don’t fancy a return for Curbishley then I take it?

Curbishley? Personally wouldn't mind Hughton or Cook but I think this season is a mere rebuild job after Bruce. To revive it and to build for the future, we should take a leaf out of Villa's book after they got rid of Bruce, they brought in Dean Smith. I think we'd be better off rebuilding and building an identity and way of playing by giving for a high profile foreign manager on the rise or someone on the rise within the EFL. Instead of going for has beens or failures on the decline.

31 minutes ago, Night King said:

I think they’ll wait for a better championship offer if they are to jump ship. A parachute payment club where they'll have the resources to mould a team. 

Huddersfield then?

I'm not sure our resources are that limited. Yes, we're being prudent with what we have available (long overdue), but FFP wise we've reduced the wage bill considerably,  brought in funds from Bruce compensation, sale of Joao and have a profit in the 3 year cycle following the stadium sale. 

Might have my wednesday tinted spectacles on, but think we're an infinitely more attractive prospect than huddersfield.

18 minutes ago, striker said:

Huddersfield then?

I'm not sure our resources are that limited. Yes, we're being prudent with what we have available (long overdue), but FFP wise we've reduced the wage bill considerably,  brought in funds from Bruce compensation, sale of Joao and have a profit in the 3 year cycle following the stadium sale. 

Might have my wednesday tinted spectacles on, but think we're an infinitely more attractive prospect than huddersfield.

Huddersfield could be the next sunderland/stoke