Cowleys get them in

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Bruce left on the 17th of July, 7 weeks managerless on cruise control with Bullen not having a clue whether hes coming or going clearly well out of his depth. So yes we are desperate and the prospect of any manager joining us on the international break makes me almost pi$$ with excitement. Especially a talented, young, up and coming bloke like the lincoln manager that has taken then from nothing to lee gwan in 3 seasons. Ding dong

Lee Gwan and Ding Dong...

FFS..

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

Cooper at Swindon made the same decision, how did that work out, it worked out so well I cannot remember his first name!

Mark Cooper.

Done ok at lower levels, good records with Darlington, Swindon and now Forest Green Rovers.  He never really had the "hype" associated with Danny Cowley, but he was expected to get a job higher up than where he is now.

33 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If you stand at the top of the spire of Lincoln cathedral.. can you see the water tower at Norton?

Possibly.

Because before Langwith pit closed, and the site was turned into Poulter Park, you could stand on top of the old tip, and on a good day you could see Lincoln Minster. In fact I think you still can, but I haven't been up there for years.

The distance is about twenty miles in a strait line, not much different to the distance from Norton to Lincoln, I suspect.

• Thanks 1

"We are committed to Lincoln City. We have been here for three years. We’ve worked very hard to build the infrastructure of the club, from the academy to the first team.

We feel like we’ve got a good team who can be really competitive for us. We’ve worked hard to get the facilities to where they’re at. It would have to be the perfect opportunity for us to even consider . 

In life, you can never say never. None of us have a crystal ball and none of us know what tomorrow is going to bring."

Danny Cowley 

The lads throw some darts around deep in ITK towers. It lands just to the right of David Moyes and to the left of the empty space that once held Daniel Stendels face. The dart lands smack in Dan Cowleys face.

'right lads, you know what to do. Hit HITC, FLW, Twitter, Instagram and whatever else people look at. Lets start turning the wheel'

'@SWFC are in advanced talks with the Cowleys to join the owls'.

'the first domino has fallen, lets see how it lands, Pub lads?'

The next day 'ok how much reaction we created lads?'    'well 68 pages and growing on the forums boss'.

'CRIKEY, that will help during the international break, keep churning out pointless updates boys, it's all about the clicks'

Deep inside SWFC bunker DC has a knock on the door, 'yes?'

'latest rumour is Cowleys boss, any truth, shall we comment?'

'well seen as they have now linked everyone possible i will not fuel any fire and not comment on speculation'

'Owlstalk is on 68 pages though?'

'What's Owlstalk?'

'Nevermind'

'Trust me, I'll tell you if we can get a good manager on board, For now will you run this brown paper bag to SAG so i can have my stadium back please'

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"We are committed to Lincoln City. We have been here for three years. We’ve worked very hard to build the infrastructure of the club, from the academy to the first team.

We feel like we’ve got a good team who can be really competitive for us. We’ve worked hard to get the facilities to where they’re at. It would have to be the perfect opportunity for us to even consider . 

In life, you can never say never. None of us have a crystal ball and none of us know what tomorrow is going to bring."

Danny Cowley 

That's from after the Donny game, right?  Not a new quote from today?

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Danny Cowley 

Bit disingenuous to say that nobody's got a crystal ball.. he's been caught out lying before he's set foot through the door..

It's a no from me..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

Can't believe how mildly entertaining this thread is....

Mildy?! Mildly?!

We've had the lot. Excitement. Depression. Highs and lows. Flounces. 

And all on a budget of 20p per day. 

What do you want for your money!

*Please tell me we've hit page 69. I need a cup of tea. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Correct.

But I'm determined we smash 70 pages before tea. 

Wow hold on! when is tea is the bigger question? Are we talking Cricket Tea of 4pm which is utter nonsense? Normal people tea time which is subjective, mine is 6? Just a cup of tea time which can be whenever and bring chaos to proceedings. I think we need a clear distinction of when Tea time is by an official organisation with nothing better to do....Anyone got the number for SAG?

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

If you stand at the top of the spire of Lincoln cathedral.. can you see the water tower at Norton?

It's an article of faith for people from Sheffield that you can always see Norton water tower, it's how we know where we are in the world.

If you think you can't see it then you're not looking properly.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Wow hold on! when is tea is the bigger question? Are we talking Cricket Tea of 4pm which is utter nonsense? Normal people tea time which is subjective, mine is 6? Just a cup of tea time which can be whenever and bring chaos to proceedings. I think we need a clear distinction of when Tea time is by an official organisation with nothing better to do....Anyone got the number for SAG?

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Mildy?! Mildly?!

We've had the lot. Excitement. Depression. Highs and lows. Flounces. 

And all on a budget of 20p per day. 

What do you want for your money!

*Please tell me we've hit page 69. I need a cup of tea. 

A master of understatement me Snoots.

Far be it from me to stimulate the development of euphoria. 

The yin of frenzied, manic, irrational opinion will always need it's yang.

That's me that is.