Cowleys get them in

I have wondered if this has been in the pipeline for a while but DC and Cowley were just trying to avoid doing a “Bruce” to Lincoln. They’ve given them another great start, now a controlled exit in the first international window etc, etc.....I can but dream.

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

I have wondered if this has been in the pipeline for a while but DC and Cowley were just trying to avoid doing a “Bruce” to Lincoln. They’ve given them another great start, now a controlled exit in the first international window etc, etc.....I can but dream.

I thought the same, plus the transfer window for league 1 has just closed too. 

Maybe DC has been patient knowing the Cowleys didn’t want to leave Lincoln until this time and has come back with the job offer again.  It would impress the Cowleys if we have been waiting all this time for them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Me too. Would be so happy if we got them in. Have a feeling we will see their odds lengthen over the next 24 hours and Bullen will be back as favourite :-(

Keep the faith and keep your chin up, they're still favourites for now, we'll get em, DC will get em for us... ;-)

giphy.gif:Chansiri::ghoulguy:

• Haha 4

in t'old days a shortlist would be drawn up get them in have a chat ,review cv etc show round the ground  agree a wage, shake hands 

I've never been involved in these manager selection things but they seem so much more long winded and complicated  extended staff appointments, control over areas of the club etc

usually involves agents approaching agents  both denying everything incase it goes pear shaped,  

I haven't a clue where we are with this  i just hope DC has a clear thought who he wants and the Cowleys like stuffing if ya get me

27 minutes ago, steelowl said:

in t'old days a shortlist would be drawn up get them in have a chat ,review cv etc show round the ground  agree a wage, shake hands 

I've never been involved in these manager selection things but they seem so much more long winded and complicated  extended staff appointments, control over areas of the club etc

usually involves agents approaching agents  both denying everything incase it goes pear shaped,  

I haven't a clue where we are with this  i just hope DC has a clear thought who he wants and the Cowleys like stuffing if ya get me

Because now with social media we see the leaks from a very early stage.  

We want to know everything all of the time,  when it goes quiet people can’t cope and show off.

we either get them or we don’t simple as that.  I’m sure DC is as concerned as us.

1 minute ago, rawowl said:

Because now with social media we see the leaks from a very early stage.  

We want to know everything all of the time,  when it goes quiet people can’t cope and show off.

we either get them or we don’t simple as that.  I’m sure DC is as concerned as us.

yes agree with that  and especially on here 

however this has taken several weeks now and for me the appointment has to be made this week to give the new guy the best chance 

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

yes agree with that  and especially on here 

however this has taken several weeks now and for me the appointment has to be made this week to give the new guy the best chance 

Your right it needs to be sorted ASAP.

makes you wonder what has gone on behind the scenes.  Is it really as simple as DC just given Bullen a trial to see if he could earn the job and be a safe cheaper option.

I’m still confident that this will happen.  If there was nothing in it either Wednesday or Lincoln would have dismissed this through the press quite quickly.

Sometimes the contracts are that complicated it can take time for them to be rubber stamped.  I guess the Cowleys will hold all the cards on this occasion and  will want to make sure they don’t lose out if it did go pear shaped.

100% think nothing will be said until this is a done deal or falls through.  It would cause carnage to build fans hopes up if it didn’t happen and we had to fall back on Pulis (example)

Think Cowley and DC are the kind of people that would want to see out Lincoln’s game on Saturday at Wycombe before announcing it. It would make sense (with the least disruption) and would allow him to start a fresh on Monday.

In the meantime, Lincoln could look for a replacement to allow them not to be left without guidance, due to their manager and assistant (and prob back room staff) leaving. I don’t see Cowley as a man who would leave the job he’s done carelessly and DC is the type of bloke to respect that! 

Hence the silence. 

Thats my theory anyway! 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Personally I’m a bit wary about getting them in, I know DC has some strange ways sometimes, but getting so deeply involved in the occult, I’m not sure if it’s the right way to get promotion ....

The Cult know the way to promotion...

garymegson

• Like 1
  • Haha 2