3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Huddersfield is 20 miles further than Sheffield. Not exactly Newcastle is it?

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

I think the thing is that they're not looking at "right now".  They're looking for the right opportunity where they believe they can build something, long term.

• Agree 2

Just now, oz_owl said:

I think the thing is that they're not looking at "right now".  They're looking for the right opportunity where they believe they can build something, long term.

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Huddersfield is 20 miles further than Sheffield. Not exactly Newcastle is it?

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

Not meaning to sound arrogant (actually I am), but we'll always be more attractive than bloody Huddersfield.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The next time I tell this story she won't be in it.. it'll be a group of them..if not a gang...no no...a mob..

I'll be fighting a rearguard action until I'm surrounded by the loading dock.. only one thing for it... I leap up and swing round the safety barrier and land in the middle of the ....hoard... windmilling and smirking like Erroll Flynn...

why not enlist @Lord Snootyto write it for you next time. I'm sure for a small fee he will jazz it up for you......

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

Exactly my thoughts. I would be very surprised if they saw us as that “perfect opportunity”. Be disappointed if we do miss out on them. Think they will be top managers. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Relatively speaking we have a large stadium and fan base (untapped potential where crowds are concerned).  We have a decent squad that should be able to challenge for play offs.  Chairman has shown a willingness to spend as much as he can, and the assumption is that he would do so if promotion were to be achieved.

I think a number of those things are in advance of Huddersfield (not meaning any disrespect) if you look beyond the current situation.

And, if they're ambitious and believe in their ability, it's surely a positive that they would want to tackle a high pressure job with big expectations rather than one that had a more immediate safety to it.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lombado said:

why not enlist @Lord Snootyto write it for you next time. I'm sure for a small fee he will jazz it up for you......

He might know to use horde correctly..

Is this actually happening then ffs, how much should I be lumping on? 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not meaning to sound arrogant (actually I am), but we'll always be more attractive than bloody Huddersfield.

Maybe historically but right now they are minted with parachute payments, will have invested in facilities to bring them up to PL standards etc.

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if they do come. Just trying to look at things objectively. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

All of it... clashing glasses in the Mercure as I post..

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

tenor.gif     £0-50p

Edited by Hookowl
  • Haha 1

F91B6BCC-E532-4D27-886E-1E4941F96349.png

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off.

^^This is a good point^^

I wonder how many other managers would hesitate if a DoF ran the recruiment show........Fortunately we are free from that

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Maybe historically but right now they are minted with parachute payments, will have invested in facilities to bring them up to PL standards etc.

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if they do come. Just trying to look at things objectively. 

Yes, but they're Huddersfield.

• Like 2

If anyone is interested, he normally pops along to Belton Woods in Grantham for a meal with his family on a Thursday night!

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Dom Howson says nothing to report

I think that's his tagline.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but if we get the Cowleys, is it a BOGOF offer or do they both take a share the same contract wage on offer ? 

Edited by owls-swfc