Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Huddersfield is 20 miles further than Sheffield. Not exactly Newcastle is it?

 

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

 

I think the thing is that they're not looking at "right now".  They're looking for the right opportunity where they believe they can build something, long term.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oz_owl said:

 

I think the thing is that they're not looking at "right now".  They're looking for the right opportunity where they believe they can build something, long term.

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Huddersfield is 20 miles further than Sheffield. Not exactly Newcastle is it?

 

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

 

Not meaning to sound arrogant (actually I am), but we'll always be more attractive than bloody Huddersfield.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The next time I tell this story she won't be in it.. it'll be a group of them..if not a gang...no no...a mob..

I'll be fighting a rearguard action until I'm surrounded by the loading dock.. only one thing for it... I leap up and swing round the safety barrier and land in the middle of the ....hoard... windmilling and smirking like Erroll Flynn...

why not enlist @Lord Snootyto write it for you next time. I'm sure for a small fee he will jazz it up for you......

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

 

Exactly my thoughts. I would be very surprised if they saw us as that “perfect opportunity”. Be disappointed if we do miss out on them. Think they will be top managers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

 

Relatively speaking we have a large stadium and fan base (untapped potential where crowds are concerned).  We have a decent squad that should be able to challenge for play offs.  Chairman has shown a willingness to spend as much as he can, and the assumption is that he would do so if promotion were to be achieved.

 

I think a number of those things are in advance of Huddersfield (not meaning any disrespect) if you look beyond the current situation.

 

And, if they're ambitious and believe in their ability, it's surely a positive that they would want to tackle a high pressure job with big expectations rather than one that had a more immediate safety to it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lombado said:

why not enlist @Lord Snootyto write it for you next time. I'm sure for a small fee he will jazz it up for you......

He might know to use horde correctly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this actually happening then ffs, how much should I be lumping on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Not meaning to sound arrogant (actually I am), but we'll always be more attractive than bloody Huddersfield.

 

:duntmatter:

Maybe historically but right now they are minted with parachute payments, will have invested in facilities to bring them up to PL standards etc.

 

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off. 

 

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if they do come. Just trying to look at things objectively. 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

 

 

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Is this actually happening then ffs, how much should I be lumping on? 

All of it... clashing glasses in the Mercure as I post..

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Is this actually happening then ffs, how much should I be lumping on? 

 

tenor.gif     £0-50p

 

 

 

Edited by Hookowl
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F91B6BCC-E532-4D27-886E-1E4941F96349.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off.

^^This is a good point^^

I wonder how many other managers would hesitate if a DoF ran the recruiment show........Fortunately we are free from that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Maybe historically but right now they are minted with parachute payments, will have invested in facilities to bring them up to PL standards etc.

 

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off. 

 

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if they do come. Just trying to look at things objectively. 

 

Yes, but they're Huddersfield.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is interested, he normally pops along to Belton Woods in Grantham for a meal with his family on a Thursday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Dom Howson says nothing to report

 

I think that's his tagline.  :biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but if we get the Cowleys, is it a BOGOF offer or do they both take a share the same contract wage on offer ? 

Edited by owls-swfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...