Cowleys get them in

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Really not a bad shout, 2 promotions on his CV and about as proven as you can get at this level. Wether or not we could tempt him away from Ireland who knows but definitely worth a mention. 

Only took the Ireland job until next year, already have another manager lined up as his replacement.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, trev said:

This.

Besides, if you have ever met or listened to Danny Cowley, he is not going to let players just walk all over him. No chance.

If players don't respect him and are not willing to play for the team he will get rid of them. 

It's not a coincidence he has had success at every club he's been at.

With the success he has had having the respect of his players isnt in question. These two are destined for the highest level in the game. 

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

Twas I! 

We need a meltdown - it’s the only thing Chansiri seems to respond to.

I'm actually getting kind of intrigued as to what's exactly going on as far as DC behind the scenes. 

Obviously the conspiracy guys are starting to get up and running. 

For me he seems to have "Lost Interest" 

Swanning off to Disney land and America at the main business time of the year for clubs. 

Getting photos outside café s in London with a couple of ladies. 

He'd hardly been seen here at all in the last few months. 

3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Oh really? That’s strange. Definitely worth a go then. 

Thought it was strange at the time. Dundalk manager lined up to take over after the euros.

I knew Mick quite well many years ago, but lost touch. Would have had him as our manager in a heartbeat and he had some other options as I recall. I just got the impression taking the Ireland job on a kind of caretaker basis  was odd at the time and just a means to an end to top up his retirement pot. 

He was also very settled living down south, so relocating to a commutable distance from Sheffield potentially an issue. Perhaps why he took the Ireland job, which is more or less part time. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

With the success he has had having the respect of his players isnt in question. These two are destined for the highest level in the game. 

Agree with that, he has something about him. Intelligent guy and confident in what he's doing. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Thought it was strange at the time. Dundalk manager lined up to take over after the euros.

I knew Mick quite well many years ago, but lost touch. Would have had him as our manager in a heartbeat and he had some other options as I recall. I just got the impression taking the Ireland job on a kind of caretaker basis  was odd at the time and just a means to an end to top up his retirement pot. 

He was also very settled living down south, so relocating to a commutable distance from Sheffield potentially an issue. Perhaps why he took the Ireland job, which is more or less part time. 

That is a strange one. 

I’m a big fan of MM, no nonsense manager bit of a character and someone who knows what he wants from his team. Speaks volumes what a good manager he was looking at Ipswich last year, that team

he had finishing mid table turned into the whipping boys the second he left. 

I’d be a big fan of getting him. 

Watching that today was painful.

Against a side who’ll probably finish in the lower reaches of the division we looked slow, disjointed, lacking in ideas and were second best for the majority of the match.

Chansiri has to get a new manager in during the international break, I’d happily have the Cowleys at Hillsborough, I’d also take Rowett, both would be a significant upgrade on Bullen who is clearly out of his depth.

35 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

3. Points on my mind. 

1) would the cowleys want to leave the safety of a little family club and familier surroundings where they can do no wrong for the expectations of Hillsborough?? 

2) with our ffp situation would Dc take the gamble of paying out a very large sum of compensation for managers not actually tried and tested at this level?? 

3) I can imagine the conversation. 

Cowley. Hey I'd like to introduce myself I'm your new manager. 

Nando.. Who are you?? 

I'm a former PE teacher that managed a div 1 team. 

Nando... Oh (shrugs shoulders) 

They may be good with lower league players, but players at this level as we know can have some big ego's and self importance. 

I'm not sure how some of our players would react to them. 

1. Cowley now favourite for Huddersfield manager job.

2. It is 1 million compensation and presumably may be a sticking point? Their wages are substantially less than the likes of Hughton, Pulis, Allardyce and Moyes. The risk on Cowley I believe is low. Certain records are worth looking at and theirs is exceptional.

3. Just rounduns.