Cowleys get them in

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Because it’s a big club in a division above and will earn more money. 

Just like Newcastle was more attractive to Bruce 

They won't come here.

If they go up this year, they will be managing a mid table Prem club in the next 12 months or so, that rules us out.

I'd love to see LB be the man who makes it happen for us, but it looks like he doesn't have what it takes (sadly). Hope this is sorted quickly and that Lee is able to stay on at the club.

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I'd love to see LB be the man who makes it happen for us, but it looks like he doesn't have what it takes (sadly). Hope this is sorted quickly and that Lee is able to stay on at the club.

Yes, but do you understand football in this country after all your time away? ;-)

FFS! They’re managing Lincoln! People only really notice them because they’re brothers. 

Lincoln have just three points more than we do. It’s not like they’re tearing up League 1. 

Get an experienced manager in. It’s daft gambling on relatively new managers. 

Edited by shandypants

Thrown name in on another thread. Unpopular player Lee Bowyer but looks like he’s going to be a good manager. Uneasy relationship with Charlton chairman and think he only signed a one-year deal. Might jump ship and could be what we need.

Edited by Juror8

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

FFS! They’re managing Lincoln! People only really notice them because they’re brothers. 

Lincoln have just three points more than we do. It’s not like they’re tearing up League 1. 

Get an an experienced manager in. It daft gambling on relatively new managers. 

They are currently in second place.

3years ago they were playing non league football.

I doubt anyone has achieved that before.

Edited by Dronfield Blue

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

who is your choice?

15 minutes ago, steelowl said:

who though ?

Yer probably right, Cowleys could be ace, i like Van Bronkhurst, so could any mentioned we just need stability and organisation. The only ones other than Houghton are Allardyce n Moyes, def not McLaren. 

Just now, S1Owl said:

Yer probably right, Cowleys could be ace, i like Van Bronkhurst, so could any mentioned we just need stability and organisation. The only ones other than Houghton are Allardyce n Moyes, def not McLaren. 

i could be persuaded with moyes  big sam doubt he'd work with DC but never been known to turn a good offer down 

Just now, steelowl said:

i could be persuaded with moyes  big sam doubt he'd work with DC but never been known to turn a good offer down 

Allardyce was on telly other week saying he was waiting for the right offer to get back into management.. Tough one innit

Just now, S1Owl said:

Allardyce was on telly other week saying he was waiting for the right offer to get back into management.. Tough one innit

i believe on talksport he had a chat with Bruce about the newcastle job suspect bruce told him the score here 

I’d take Cowley right now.

My preference would be for someone who’s repeated success at at least 3 clubs preferably at our level, but if no one of that type exists then someone who’s done it at a lower level would definitely be worth a go. 

As for why would he take it? Well, I’m never confident that Chansiri is an attractive employer, but that aside it would only take a few defeats for Lincoln and Cowley May never get the chance at a club as big as Wednesday ever again. That’s how football can be. Usually best to grab your opportunities when they come. 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

who is your choice?

I don’t have any particular choice but I’m not questioning your choice in terms of who they are, I’m questioning the criteria that you put for for selecting the manager. 

Our criteria should be based around promotion from the Championship. 

When did did we start looking good? When Bruce joined us - a manager with promotion from the Championship on his CV.  

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

They've got a good record to be fair. Took over Lincoln mid table in the national league, promoted as champions the season after.

Finished 7th in their first season back in the league, promoted as champions the season after  

Currently doing well near the top of league 1. 

The guy is 40, one of the hottest managerial prospects coming through the leagues, success on his CV and on the rise.