Just now, WalthamOwl said:

What we going with for his post match interview tonight? Anything along the lines of no comment would do for me. Ruling himself out would be a right kick in the balls. 

A Bruce "it's up to them to make a compromise"

*turns and shows the middle finger to the Lincoln fans*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Saddo :ghoulguy:

It's either that or listen to the Mrs babbling shat! Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Forgive me for being a bit negative..... but do we honestly think cowleys are big enough characters/personalities to manage likes of nando, hutch, bannan, Westwood etc?

whilst you have got to admire the work they have done at Braintree and Lincoln, they aren’t in Steve Bruce’s league reputation wise. 

Future recruitment also a potential worry. Have they got enough clout/contacts to be able to get players through the door?

i see similarities to when Wilson/Jewell got the job years back. Up and coming Manager’s who did well at lower league clubs and then couldn’t handle the big time. 

I would love to eat a massive slice of humble pie and for them to come in and absolutely smash it. I just can’t see it personally. 

Anyway im gonna dog me tin hat out. 

Personally couldn't give a fiddlers if the manager signs Dave from the Dog and Duck, if we are winning and doing well it doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Forgive me for being a bit negative..... but do we honestly think cowleys are big enough characters/personalities to manage likes of nando, hutch, bannan, Westwood etc?

whilst you have got to admire the work they have done at Braintree and Lincoln, they aren’t in Steve Bruce’s league reputation wise. 

Future recruitment also a potential worry. Have they got enough clout/contacts to be able to get players through the door?

i see similarities to when Wilson/Jewell got the job years back. Up and coming Manager’s who did well at lower league clubs and then couldn’t handle the big time. 

I would love to eat a massive slice of humble pie and for them to come in and absolutely smash it. I just can’t see it personally. 

Bruce didnt seem to do such a good job handling the characters at Villa did he?

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Hasnt it been reported Huddersfield agreed a fee with Lincoln for them both? Surely we can match that. 

• Agree 1

Just watched Danny Cowley talking about us after friendly with Lincoln this pre season .... Talks highly of us ... “Wednesday have quality players “...etc ..on you tube !!!!!..... maybe just maybe he is coming ??????

• Like 1

One of the main media guys at Lincoln is a huge Wednesday fan - sure he will be putting a good word in

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Who is this Bailey bloke?

Sky have genuinly seen how much money stupid wednesday fans have spent on the betting market (including me with 10 on megson at 30s) and chucked a name in the hat so we chuck more money at it. Seems to be no other reference other than daily mail and sky which could have got it from daily mail

22 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

1-0 Lincoln. 

Cowley out!

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Who is this Bailey bloke?

Bill...

lol

13 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I thought she'd moved on to Scottish politics........

Bigger laughs there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Just watched Danny Cowley talking about us after friendly with Lincoln this pre season .... Talks highly of us ... “Wednesday have quality players “...etc ..on you tube !!!!!..... maybe just maybe he is coming ??????

Our players aren’t that good, surely?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Bill...

lol

That's that then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Must admit as Cowleys have turned down Huddersfield and WBA he may not come but then why enter talks? It's not like Lincoln are gonna say OK we'll bump up your salary to anything like they're offering. Indeed they are prepared to take the compo. Must say though they do appear loyal pity Bruce didn't have that trait.

I think maybe Huddersfield and WBA are both expected to go up this season so maybe they didn't want that pressure!? I think realistically we have no expectations as such this season! Deluded fans may think so but realists don't expect to go up!

Not sure on what DC's expectations are at the moment and that could be pivotal in persuading the right people! 

9 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Why does this matter?

Mourinho used to be a school coach, didn't do him any harm.

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Who is this?

Just now, Pablo Bonvin said:

Our players aren’t that good, surely?

They were pre -season !!!lol

• Haha 1