Cowleys get them in

51 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Most managerial appointments have an element of risk to them. Appointing Danny Cowley would be a very risky appointment. That said that's not to say he couldn't cut it here, he may well do but this place has been a managerial graveyard for years particularly for managers who have come here from the lower leagues. If it's a straight choice between Cowley and Pulis, it would have to be Pulis for me.

I dare say Lincoln thought appointing him was a risky gamble too.

25 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Danny Crowley will down at Hillsborough later this week for more talks, from what I’ve been told it’s looking the real deal. UTO 

Hope he dodnt bump into Pulls at the training ground Kev. 

11 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Wonder what would make it the right time to leave Lincoln? Don’t get how we can still be in talks yet they don’t appear to want to leave Lincoln 

Think it was a polite way of saying he doesn't want to go to huddersfield. Cant blame him really :biggrin:

Don't think we'll have a problem agreeing terms and if given the same control as Bruce, we could be an attractive proposition?

59 minutes ago, vulva said:

Odd story that but sure I read somewhere that Cowley chap had just moved into a new house in Lincoln. Lincoln to Huddersfield is an arse of a journey. Presuming he can afford the 40p for Dunham Bridge that journey is less than an hour out if peak time. 

Surely its Gainsborough / Bawtry A1 Vulvas? 

And its 50p for the bridge I think ? ..

They will get job offers for the foreseeable future and they know it. It has to be the perfect offer so we would be lucky to get them onside. 

I think it’s probably more risky for them than us as I think we have enough in the team to do at least a mid table job with a chance to build next summer whoever comes in as a worst case. But if they don’t have the knowledge and know how to make the most of that and the expectation that comes it will slow their career. I suspect they will prefer a job where it’s more straightforward as you’d expect Lincoln to come up and do ok if they stay.

Nonetheless, if we could persuade them it would be a lot more exciting than say Pulis even if the style isn’t that different. 

Id still be going for Rowett though if they don’t want it.

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Surely its Gainsborough / Bawtry A1 Vulvas? 

And its 50p for the bridge I think ? ..

To Hillsborough Gainsborogh - Bawtry - A1 -M18- M1 is probably the quickest but not much in it .

40p Cars  60p Vans - This could be a deal breaker WTF:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, dfoster said:

As I've just in another thread, I'm not generally ITK at all but I do know someone v close to Cowley. He's staying put this season. End of.

We asked him to come for an interview numerous times in the week or so after Bruce left but he said no as didn't want to let Lincoln down. 

His compo is low six figures so that is not the issue.

I have no other ITK info but I can assure you this is 100pc true.

On a different point I would not, if I were Chansiri, take a punt on a talented but untried lower league manager. For every Chris Wilder there are multiple Paul Hursts. 

I may be in a minority of one but I honestly think Pulis would be a solid and sensible appointment but my choice would be Rowett who I think has it in him to become a really good manager. I wonder if his relationship with USM agency may have counted against him here....

It is well known that compensation in Cowley's contract is £1 million. Therefore you have to think rest of info is not accurate too.