Embarrassment

41 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Bullen still gets at least 10 games for me. Awful second half but let's see how we respond. 

TBH I really don't see where a response can come from, given what I've witnessed today.

So a NO from me and a YES for a structured manager asap. 

Won’t be long until the usual Bullen excuse makers are back posting on here. Sticking up for him and DC. I tell you something those people will do this club a lot more harm than the ones that can actually see what DC and Bullen are doing isn’t good enough. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

As much as I really don’t want Bullen to get the job I’m bloody worried DC might give it to someone like Pulis or Coleman. 

Coleman and Pulis shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath. Coleman has literally achieved naff all at club level. Tony Pulis is a proven Premier League manager, fair enough if you don’t like his style but the mans record is better than his reputation. 

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Middle of table squad in ‘ middle of the table’ shocker.

love how folk think that there is a miracle manager out there to get a tune out of this squad of misfits and hop a longs. 

Load of rubbish. We have a very decent squad, as proved under Bruce. 

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

love how folk think that there is a miracle manager out there to get a tune out of this squad of misfits and hop a longs. 

This. Whilst I think we probably do need to replace Bullen, the squad is held in a strange high regard by some.

Bruce was our ticket. A big name, big character who had the experience to probably sneak us into the play offs. The fans, the club and the players all seemed to be behind him. Shame it ended.

Can’t think of another manager out there who could galvanise this group of players like that. 

58 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

The genuine issue here isn't our current manager. Nothing about Wednesday screams 'settled' or 'quality'. This squad is average and anyone who thinks Bullen alone is preventing us from achieving any kind of promotion charge is deluded. 

Promotion this season was a pipe dream, I liked it for 2 games but realistically it was always a little bit of trenches humour. 

For all the reasons why we're not good enough to challenge, see reasons why we won't get the manager everyone is craving. It may as well be Bullen. 

Absolute rubbish. This team is a top 10 side, the only thing we lack is a consistent goal scorer. There are plenty of managers out there that could get this team playing, in fact we lost one just this summer.  This downgrading of expectations and insistence of our poor quality does my flipping head in, we are NOT poo we have just had a succession of “managers” that have turned us that way - Carlos & his cowardly tactics, Jos the random appointment & competition winner Bully - there because we can’t pick someone out of a pool of a hundred more capable individuals. 

This really has to stop now, it’s starting to look like we don’t have a clue.

13 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

The lack of structure, formation, passion etc. does not come from them.

That's certainly true. We came up against a well organised team with an experienced manager.

Sometimes its necessary to match up the opposition in midfield & trust in our superior players to make the difference.

It is worth remembering, however, that today's officials do enjoy romantic liaisons with canines.

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The squad is better than how it is currently performing. Don't think we are world beaters but today was woeful from set up, tactics, application and performance. 

Unfortunately I think Bullen and the lack of confidence in him by the players is evident. 

Reach was unhappy to be subbed, he probably deserved it but you can see him thinking after playing 3 or 4 positions per game wondering whether this chap as a clue

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Load of rubbish. We have a very decent squad, as proved under Bruce. 

Agreed.

plenty of sides have got promoted in recent seasons with squads of less experienced / talented players (Pigs, Cardiff. Hudds to name just three). 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The squad is better than how it is currently performing. Don't think we are world beaters but today was woeful from set up, tactics, application and performance. 

Unfortunately I think Bullen and the lack of confidence in him by the players is evident. 

Reach was unhappy to be subbed, he probably deserved it but you can see him thinking after playing 3 or 4 positions per game wondering whether this chap as a clue

Agreed on the squad, and on Reach. He must’ve played 4 or 5 different positions already and we’re only 6 games in. 

Play him where he’s best, out wide, and leave him there.