Embarrassment

The genuine issue here isn't our current manager. Nothing about Wednesday screams 'settled' or 'quality'. This squad is average and anyone who thinks Bullen alone is preventing us from achieving any kind of promotion charge is deluded. 

Promotion this season was a pipe dream, I liked it for 2 games but realistically it was always a little bit of trenches humour. 

For all the reasons why we're not good enough to challenge, see reasons why we won't get the manager everyone is craving. It may as well be Bullen. 

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf

I have been preaching the first 6 games are easier than the second 6. On paper I genuinely expected 12+ points

I am now absolutely dreading the next 6 games 

Huddersfield are doing poor but a win could turn their season around and I wonder who that win could come against?

Fulham one of favourites to go up..

Middlesborough and hull on the road, no thanks....

Wigan at home hopefully we can get 3 points against them right?

Cardiff away on a Friday night.

So that in my mind in good form Id be happy with 8 points, in this form though Im not too optimistic

Edited by Ferkorf

He says it’s mentality that cost us today. What does that even mean? Players looked lost, didn’t know wether to play out or boot it up.

The formation change was crazy, playing Murphy and Harris at wing back. I’ve never seen a team ever look that comfortable in the last ten minutes at Hillsborough holding a 1 goal lead. 

The QPR team played the ref today all the way through the game and made the most of all the free kicks they were given. On top of it all the ref and linesman gave QPR an offside goal and it was all downhill from there. Too many of our players had a bad game and our stand in manager has looked more and more out of depth with every game. Sort it out DC, we have no manager, no team, no ideas, just a bunch of overpaid underachieving players today. We were very poor against a poor team and deserved to lose.

Problems run much deeper than Bullen in my opinion - there was always a pretty good chance his stint as caretaker manager would go this way.

What concerns me more is that the club is starting to look amateurish from top to bottom.There would appear to be no structure, no plan and a distinct lack of expertise in key positions.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Down South said:

What concerns me more is that the club is starting to look amateurish from top to bottom.There would appear to be no structure, no plan and a distinct lack of expertise in key positions.

Hello, welcome to the early 2000s. It doesn’t get much better :duntmatter:

Two facts to consider re Bullen.

QPR had gone 53 away games without winning when the home team scored first. Yet we play defensively until it's too late.

We are now in a worse position at this international break than under Jos, and we haven't played the top teams yet.

46 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Clearly bullen has not got a clue .

There was no Effort or commitment from the players .

Today actually reminded me of the latter end of jos management career at Sheffield Wednesday :angry:

DC you need to go out and get the right manager now in this two weeks break

My thoughts, too.

Just now, s6 owl said:

10 games for the sake of what? He is absolutely clueless.

It might just be me but I think we've got a difficult job ahead, so did/do the experts. We have got an average squad in a difficult league. We had a shitstorm in the Summer and spent almost no money on the squad. Where we are now is about what I expected so I don't understand why everyone is crappingtheirpants.

All I can say to any future manager is whatever you do don't win your 1st 2 games cos it'll only be downhill from there. 

How many attempts at goal not just today but all season? 

We’re lucky to be where we are, the substitution of both calamitous fullbacks, both responsible for a goal each, and the lump it forward and bye pass the midfield tactics shows a level of ignorance & tactical unawareness that a non league manager would be ashamed of!

A statto guy behind us in the North said after the same amount of games at the start of last season we were a point better off under Jos!

If true absolutely end of story!

49 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Clearly bullen has not got a clue .

There was no Effort or commitment from the players .

Today actually reminded me of the latter end of jos management career at Sheffield Wednesday :angry:

DC you need to go out and get the right manager now in this two weeks break

Just got home and waited til I did to have a think about what I've just witnessed.

Got to agree, there was no structure, plan, formation etc. and more than that, there was no heart.

Whilst LB is a nice guy, that doesn't win you games.

A new manager needs appointing asap to work with the players over the next 2 weeks.

The players also need to shoulder some responsibility for that totally lacklustre performance.

As always Bullen acknowledges the deficiencies in yet another poor performance. The point is that good managers correct those deficiencies either during the match or at least by the next one. Bully hasn't. 

How did Luongo not get a start in front of one of Bully's mates?