Bannan & Hutch

9 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Agree. Said this about Bannan the other week and got slated, throw Reach into the convo as well. Those two are criminally overrated by some.

I literally don’t see what reach brings . He’s so weak. Don’t get me wrong I understand why we sold joao , I wish it was reach we flogged instead . He’s a complete passenger . We literally never look like scoring . Fletcher is a quality target man but he scores 10 a season . We need a midfield who are going to get 7-10 each . Those lot would get 7 between them. We are so stale and it’s painful to watch 

I would have been interested in selling Bannan. He is a very good championship midfielder, and when all is said and done he was a key part of a side that returned two top six finishes. But we don't find him easy to use and the money raised would have been considerable. 

Sorting our midfield is a conundrum and we need a skilled manager to do it. At present we have Lee Bullen 

Guest The Horse
15 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I literally don’t see what reach brings . He’s so weak. Don’t get me wrong I understand why we sold joao , I wish it was reach we flogged instead . He’s a complete passenger . We literally never look like scoring . Fletcher is a quality target man but he scores 10 a season . We need a midfield who are going to get 7-10 each . Those lot would get 7 between them. We are so stale and it’s painful to watch 

Yup.

There's no goals in this team.

Fletcher - will get 10-15

FF - 10-15 if played regular and in-form

Nuhiu - only gets used as a sub

Rhodes - busted

Winall - never gets a run

The midfield and defence just do not score enough to help out.

Lee can do it but he's not 100% yet.

Defence needs to be scoring from set pieces.

Reda Johnson and Miguel Llera used to score consistently from them.

That basically leaves us reliant on Fletcher being our only goal scorer.

That's a huge responsibility on his shoulders, ridiculous that it hasn't been addressed and should come as no surprise why every game is a struggle when the dressing room mafia of Hutch and Bannan sit in front of the defence every game.

Probably so they can chat to their bezzie mate Westwood easily.

11 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Its not in Bullens interests to not pick his best side if he wants the job permanently,  he sees them train every day we dont!

Thats ridiculous to suggest luongo isn't putting effort in training. The guy has been here 3 weeks so why would he decide to wreck his future at a new club by throwing it off in training? 

Guess this is one of the main arguments for Bullen not getting the managers job.

Needs shaking up but it seems LB is very reluctant to drop players who he has been around a long time.

Bannan has been fantastic for us  but in the last couple of games his passing, (his main/?only attribute) has been woeful at times. Out of form for me and needs a rest.

Can Bullen do that? Would he? Doesn't look like it. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I couldn't agree more about Reach, he's so frustrating, although someone on here once said he's the answer to Englands problems on the left lol. I half expected him to be leaving once Murphy signed. He certainly isn't the right fit to play in the centre like he did against Luton. 

Iv said the same in the past on numerous occasions about goals from midfield too and I'll say it again that we're not going to get promoted with a midfield consisting of Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson. This is why we need a new manager and a clean break from the Carlos era, it needs freshening up. It didn't work 3/4 years ago so why suddenly will it work now? 

Harris has 2 already and a return of 8-10 from him would be acceptable I suppose. I'd be hoping for a similar return from Murphy too. 

11 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Compare the amount of goals Sheridan scored in and around the box to say Palmer, Wilson, Worthington in that midfield. 

I don't think it undermines your point but Wilson and Palmer (plus Harkes, Pearson and Shirtliff) scored a decent amount each in 90-91 from memory - it was only Worthy and the full-backs who didn't score many.

The point for me is that we do need goals from all over...

17 hours ago, Rogers said:

Maybe Hutch isn’t as good as what everyone thinks. 

Bannan and Lee works better imo 

It’s bannan who’s not as good as everyone thinks.

good player but over rated.

our best performance of this season was without him in the team.

Hutchinson is a liability both from injury and yellow cards and Bannans an angry little Scotsman who disappears when it’s not going well. Both part of the problem and not the solution but they’re not alone. Sadly the club is bumbling along under a whole regime that’s not working but still we persist. 

Guest Bulgaria

Our midfield is stale, slow and predictable.

Individually, they are ok players but it's just not working is it?

Anyone know when one of our midfielders last played a slide rule ball into a strikers stride for him to run into and score?  And as much as Fletcher is playing well, could he be part of the problem?

Edited by Bulgaria

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Are  we getting into this disciplinary myth nonsense again?

when JoS sidelined hutch we capitulated. When he came back we firmed up I sat tly and anyone could see that. 

Even now when  we are playing poo , qpr aside defensively we dont look horrific. Hutch aint the problem 

He ain’t the solution either.

21 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Our midfield is stale, slow and predictable.

Individually, they are ok players but it's just not working is it?

Anyone know when one of our midfielders last played a slide rule ball into a strikers stride for him to run into and score?  And as much as Fletcher is playing well, could he be part of the problem?

Luongo played two pearlers against Rotherham to Harris and Murphy. We didn't score from them but they split their defence. This was whilst Bannon was sat chatting with Westwood screaming for the ball.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Well apparently he was, that’s why we stopped leaking shed loads of goals 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Well apparently he was, that’s why we stopped leaking shed loads of goals 

We lost yesterday. We are showing no signs of improvement, in fact quite the reverse. We need to move forward. You’re looking backwards when Jos was here.

Yes our midfield was dreadful yesterday. But that doesn't mean Bannan and Hutch are useless. ANY two midfield players in the world would have struggled yesterday due to the way we set up. It's so naïve to try to play 442 with two wide wingers. It gives the two in the middle far too much ground to cover. That's what made them look rubbish.

Having said that, I'm getting very frustrated with Hutch. He just seems to tear around the field giving fouls away. Brainless.

As for the Bannan-haters out there, I just don't get it. As has been pointed out he was one of the best in league last year for assists. He also works his socks off (I remember two successive fantastic blocks in front of the kop yesterday). What more can you ask of a midfielder? We didn't get much right yesterday but what few threats we mustered came via Bannan eg a fantastic long ball to Reach, another to Fox, that cross that was missed by both Fletcher and Nuhiu. Take that away and we really do have nothing to offer.

17 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I’m more concerned that Bullen thought reverting to Fox and Palmer at full back was the best way to go

Agreed, what's worse is knowing that Bullen also believed that these full backs were then pivotal to winning the game by overlapping! If you want your full backs to overlap and create chances why would you even consider these 2?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Yes our midfield was dreadful yesterday. But that doesn't mean Bannan and Hutch are useless. ANY two midfield players in the world would have struggled yesterday due to the way we set up. It's so naïve to try to play 442 with two wide wingers. It gives the two in the middle far too much ground to cover. That's what made them look rubbish.

Having said that, I'm getting very frustrated with Hutch. He just seems to tear around the field giving fouls away. Brainless.

As for the Bannan-haters out there, I just don't get it. As has been pointed out he was one of the best in league last year for assists. He also works his socks off (I remember two successive fantastic blocks in front of the kop yesterday). What more can you ask of a midfielder? We didn't get much right yesterday but what few threats we mustered came via Bannan eg a fantastic long ball to Reach, another to Fox, that cross that was missed by both Fletcher and Nuhiu. Take that away and we really do have nothing to offer.

For Bannan’s standards he’s not been at his best so far this season, but agree with this.

Often the only one who creates something or the only one who has the balls to get on the ball and make something happen. Those around him often expect him to do it all. 

I’d like to see Luongo start in the middle. Looks to move the ball forward and doesn’t shirk responsibility. A three of Bannan Luongo and Lee could work. Not much size, but you’ve got three players with ability, drive and good fitness levels.