Bannan & Hutch

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Maybe your right, didn't villa play him in a kind of winger role when he first broke into the side??

He's not the quickest, but neither was Beckham, I'm not saying he's as good, but maybe would be able to do a similar Job out there without being a detriment defencivly in the middle. 

As for playing the lad as an attacking midfielder behind a striker. 

He's not composed enough in front of goal and wastes too many opportunities. 

He just reminds me of a juan mata/ pedro player. They are never played in the middle are they .. always usually up top or that bit behind the forwards

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Problem with Hutch and Bannan is neither of them break the lines. They can pass the ball about but how many times does Bannan get into the box? It makes us so easy to play against sometimes.

Completely agree.

I've not been entirely convinced with Bannan for a while, but find it difficult to bring up because he's a fans favourite.  He is capable of the sublime at times.  But he plays far too deep and his off-the-ball movement is really poor for a central midfielder.  He also has a tendency to slow the play down when potential counter-attacks are on and allows the opposition to get men back.  When him and Hutch are partnered, the space between the midfield and attack is huge - is almost like they're in different time zones.

He has qualities and isn't the only problem so I feel bad for singling him out, but some work needs to be done on the training ground to get more out of him.

Just now, Hack-Abusi said:

He just reminds me of a juan mata/ pedro player. They are never played in the middle are they .. always usually up top or that bit behind the forwards

Both Pedro and mata used to be very good in front of goal and get into double figures every season, bazza will shoot 1000+ times and maybe score 5/6 over the course of a season 

No point in playing him in behind say Fletcher if he can't finish. 

For me he always did well put wide in the 4-4-2. 

His limitations were exposed less and it meant hutch could hold while Lee broke into the box, chipped in with goals and helped out hutch defencively. 

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Both Pedro and mata used to be very good in front of goal and get into double figures every season, bazza will shoot 1000+ times and maybe score 5/6 over the course of a season 

No point in playing him in behind say Fletcher if he can't finish. 

For me he always did well put wide in the 4-4-2. 

His limitations were exposed less and it meant hutch could hold while Lee broke into the box, chipped in with goals and helped out hutch defencively. 

He's usually blasting them from far out though .. I reckon coming into the box late or during from the edge of the box he'd bag a few. Plus it allows us to have a more defensive minded player on the pitch behind him. But guess it's all about opinions

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

He's usually blasting them from far out though .. I reckon coming into the box late or during from the edge of the box he'd bag a few. Plus it allows us to have a more defensive minded player on the pitch behind him. But guess it's all about opinions

Maybe your right bud, but I've seen enough of him from inside and around the 18 yard box, to lack faith in his ability to finish, he just lacks that natural composure in front of goal that Lee for example has,Lee places shots, bazza tends to blast them even 6/7 yards out. 

Compare the amount of goals Sheridan scored in and around the box to say Palmer, Wilson, Worthington in that midfield. 

Some players are natural finishers, bazza isn't one I'm afraid bud. 

Bannan can pick a man out but fletch isnt an off the shoulder striker and is too iscolated.

If we had more movement up front bannan would be more useful imo.

Hutch overrated and past it for cm at least, luongo needs a run imo with lee on for bannan, reach or fox

Bannan luongo reach

Harris fletch ff

3 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Been saying it for the last few seasons, and had a few heated arguments. He flatters to deceive. We would be a better side without Barry Bannan. 

Thought i would never say this but your right, our best performance this season was barnsley and bannan did'nt play. So yes why not give it a go

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Even worse then 

The club are petrified of trying things without Bannan 

got fed up saying similar 

everyone knows He's a fantastic player if you give him room he will destroy you   mark him and he's done or goes too deep to be effective resorting to worldy diagonal balls that are often too flagged up to be effective 

we need more athletic dynamism and height  

When bannan plays it's as if the entire time have a mental block and the only thing they can think of is get the ball to bannan, failing that root one.

I was disappointed in bullen today, not for his lack of tactical knowledge but for his lack of BALLS. after that first half bannan should have been taken off, he was having a shocker and a sending off waiting to happen, everyone could see it. Bullen just didn't have the balls to take off the golden child and for that he'll never be managerial material 

Whilst they’re good players in their own right, together they don’t work, as neither of them get anywhere near the opposition box. 

As an opposition midfielder you must be chuffed to play against them as a pair,  as you know you won’t have to worry about the running beyond you in a game. 

17 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

When bannan plays it's as if the entire time have a mental block and the only thing they can think of is get the ball to bannan, failing that root one.

I was disappointed in bullen today, not for his lack of tactical knowledge but for his lack of BALLS. after that first half bannan should have been taken off, he was having a shocker and a sending off waiting to happen, everyone could see it. Bullen just didn't have the balls to take off the golden child and for that he'll never be managerial material 

Agree. When the team came out for the second half, the first thing I did was look to see if Bannan had come back out. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Needs to play in a three. Not physical enough and doesn’t score enough to play in a two. 

Think that's the case for all our central midfield players. 

Why we ditched it today I'll never know. 

Obvious what would happen. 

Just watched pigs highlights 

Their midfield shower fight against a Chelsea team 

Mean while our big time charlies who probley earn double what their lot do can't do pet shop all ,gets me so mad 

Edited by WelshOwl74