1 min applause for Bury F.C.

20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Whats the point, we could all stand around holding hands and singing songs to make ourselves feel morally righteous but it's not going to change anything. 

It’s the stupid twitter brigade at its finest 

Like asking for a minutes applause for a family member as they once drove past Hillsborough 

Now having a quick clap for a club because it wasn’t run properly 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

My sentiment. It's likely that 99.9% of the football community have stood watching this from the sidelines without offering any help. 

You mean like Man City, who allowed Bury to use their training facilities free of charge but they ended up trashing it?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

The EFL Have took no responsibility  in the ownership fit and proper person etc ,The EFL are not fit and proper ,What was the answer ,We thought he was fit and proper at the time he took over .

Let's face it, the current system was never designed to prevent clubs from going out of business, it was designed so that the league table could be manipulated.  Having said this I don't have any sympathy with those who run the football club.  As with any business there is red tape that needs to be negotiated and in this instance that includes the efl's corrupt rules, that the clubs committee will/should have known about all along.   

My sympathy lays with the supporters who really are the only innocent party in this debacle.

As Penistone road will be nice and safe before the game we could hold a  vigil... maybe fans could link hands a la paperchain formation along the central reservation...each fan has a letter on chest spelling out our support for Bury FC. 

Picnics,face painting for young uns,volunteers in stocks with Chairman Dale masks on to throw wet sponges at...

Party on  the Penistone...somat like that

then at 5 to 3 off into match and let volunteers from the safety advisory group tidy up while we watch a lovely victory safe in the knowledge we have done our bit

and with that nice warm feeling inside

• Thanks 1

Bury will be back - enter the non-leagues and steam through like Wimbledon. It's awful at the moment and a sad reflection of the game but their fans must look forward and hopefully gain possession of Gigg Lane and re-apply to the conference.

I can understand people saying it's 'too little too late and pointless'. part of me feels the same way, but for some it will be cathartic.

I believe Bury's demise has hurt us all, personally, I'm hurt and angry about it in equal measure.

Bury were so badly let down by the EFL, the fans didn't deserve that.

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

The EFL Have took no responsibility  in the ownership fit and proper person etc ,The EFL are not fit and proper ,What was the answer ,We thought he was fit and proper at the time he took over .

The EFL is made up of reps from each league club, is it not? 

How do you expect such a body to regulate itself?

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Come and watch the Wednesday Bury fans, we’ll make you our own.

I much prefer that approach. 

“Bring a Bury Fan” day. Get it done DC.

Obviously the scheme would plateau once we’d brought a few thousand of ‘em, but we’ll address that when we get to it.

23 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The EFL is made up of reps from each league club, is it not? 

How do you expect such a body to regulate itself?

Exactly. 

And the clubs themselves (or at least the owners) want to be able to do as they please. ..including to anyone they want.

If they all signed up as members to some sort of proper process of enforcement with regards their Fit and Proper test, then it'd work.

But they won't. 

For too many of the spivs it would be like Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

I'm sorry to say I was too gutless to say I disagree with this until I came back an hour or so later and saw others had already done so.

The EFL aren't at fault - I do feel for Bury fans, because there but for the grace of god, and all that - and if I didn't have SWFC i'd not really be able to fully appreciate football afterwards.

But, what can we as fans change by doing something like this?   Absolutely nothing.   Something needs to be done, but it needs to be something significant and co-ordinated across football fans as a whole, at least those fans who understand the plight of clubs like Bury and Bolton, and there are others too.   How are Coventry getting on these days?

22 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If folk can’t bring themselves to clap for Bury then just think of Princess Diana who WAS IN ALL PROBABILITY MURDERED on this day 22 years ago.

I'm not one of those who thinks the moon landing was faked, or that we live on a flat earth etc, but I do follow this train of thought.

Edited by Salmonbones