4-4-2 and full the team with big lads

Sounds like something from the 80s but it would give us a huge threat from set pieces.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Harris

Bannan

Hutch

FF

Fletcher

Nuhiu

Wouldn't be adverse to Fox for Palmer on current form, or Luongo for Hutch, but that's a big side that I don't think QPR would fancy matching up against with quality delivery from Bannan.

EDIT. Possibly tempted with Reach for FF too.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Can’t see the formation changing

Murphy out Reach in I think - rest will stay as it is. 

I would swap Hutch for Luongo personally and get us more on front foot at home, we need the front 3 + Lee and Luongo in and around that box when in attack

Agreed re luongo for Hutchinson . Can do the defensive work but look a better threat moving forward 

We don’t have the midfield to play 4-4-2.

All the opposition needs to do is play three central midfielders, put one on Bannan to cut out any creativity in midfield from us, leaving two on Hutch.  Hutch tends to sit deep anyway which would then leave your playmaker (a Huddlestone or Mooy) to stroll around midfield running the show.

we really need to learn our lessons from previous mistakes.

If QPR are playing 4-3-1 We’ve got to match up the numbers in midfield as it is the midfield battle where games are often won and lost. 

With 4-4-2 we simply get outnumbered.

Lampard gets straight to the point about 8 minutes in:

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
20 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

If QPR are playing 4-3-1 We’ve got to match up the numbers in midfield as it is the midfield battle where games are often won and lost. 

With 4-4-2 we simply get outnumbered.

Lampard gets straight to the point about 8 minutes in:

I hope they are playing with only 9 players!

45 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Can’t see the formation changing

Murphy out Reach in I think - rest will stay as it is. 

I would swap Hutch for Luongo personally and get us more on front foot at home, we need the front 3 + Lee and Luongo in and around that box when in attack

I don't think Bullen has the cahoonas to drop Hutch.

56 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wouldnt have Nuhiu in any starting line up big or not. His role is hold up forward from the bench when defending a lead. Fletcher needs pace playing off him.

I agree, Nuhiu is a better player coming on towards the end of a game when the opposition are knackered. 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Sounds like something from the 80s but it would give us a huge threat from set pieces.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Harris

Bannan

Hutch

FF

Fletcher

Nuhiu

Wouldn't be adverse to Fox for Palmer on current form, or Luongo for Hutch, but that's a big side that I don't think QPR would fancy matching up against with quality delivery from Bannan.

Please no, so much wrong with that starting line up. We might end up with those 11 players on the pitch if we are chasing the game late on.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Harris

Bannan

Hutch

FF

Fletcher

Nuhiu

So when you say play the big lads what you’re actually saying is ‘play Nuhiu’

Because aside from dropping a full back who’s decent in the air for one who isn’t I can’t really see anything else that might be related to chucking the big lads in

• Thanks 1

Go 4-4-2 against that shape they play and we aren't going to see much of the ball.  Which doesn't particulary bother me. I don't mind a bit if the old counter attack.  But if people want us to dominate teams. They will be sorely dissapointed if we start with thst midfield.