Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

Dont know where some of the fans were watching but apart from a decent first 10 minutes I thought it was up there with a Jos team performance, absolutely awful, second half we looked lost and hopeless. I don't think the referee helped at all, infact I was convinced he'd stuck his life savings on QPR winning, but that cant excuse the performance of the team. Think Luongo might have thought he was still a QPR player. 

Bad times ahead unless we get a new manager in.

Ffs. Awful ref by the sounds but another below average performance. Performances and the inability to adapt to different opposition and unable to effectively change things against ugly teams is more worrying than the results. Points wise it's been a average start but apart from the first couple of performances the performances have seemed poor.

Hopefully the international break comes at a good time for us, to get back to the high pressing attacking play showed at times in the opening couple of games or it gives us the impetus to make a decision one way or another.

I think Bully as done alright in difficult circumstances but he either needs more help with the coaching staff or he needs to revert back to his coaching role and a suitable replacement for Bruce needs to be brought in asap. Hugely disappointing but hopefully we'll sort the managerial situation out soon and kick on after the international break. We need re-energising and refocusing during the international break.

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

The trouble is I’ve never trusted chansiri so the the chances of him repeating the shock of getting Bruce here are highly unlikely

Hope I’m wrong and he somehow pulls something off but the past has shown us not to expect much

How he goes from spending a reported £2m per season on Bruce to the total inactivity with an estate agent at the helm I do not know!

8 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

Just what is our style? It's different every game, no wonder no confidence can be built. Some long term thinking is needed, get an up and coming manager like Cowley

Schoolboy style. Put loads of attackers on and let em do what they want. 

Badly. 

Sadly, for our ambitions, this has been a terrible result.

I just don't think we can let it go by saying we are at a developmental stage.

I hope, with all my Wednesday heart that I am wrong, but I see it, putting it simply, as a sign that the coaching team - which really does seem able to lift the players' self belief and morale - just hasn't got the ability to formulate an appropriate game plan and turn it into a technically effective operation for 90 minutes on the pitch.

It's a terrible shame, because Lee Bullen has - I'm sure - the respect of all of us for his dedication and belief in what the team can do. He just doesn't look like he's going to do the job for us as manager of the team. :sad:

Please, God, prove me wrong!!!!:rolleyes:

Need to stop living in the past thinking the Bannans and Hutchinson’s are good enough at this level 

million miles away from been a top 6 side today, well done QPR 

Just now, jezek said:

DC has shown since he got here he can’t make a wise decision 

from manager appointments to the hirst  saga 

And the on going leppings lane fiasco 

Yeh, Bruce appointment REALLY showed he can’t make a correct decision didn’t it ?     Hirst saga was all down to one man and he’s certainly not called Dejphon Chansiri and how on gods earth you can blame the chairman for the policies and procedures of the most corrupt police force in the country in regards to the ongoing LL ‘fiasco’ is quite frankly bizarre 

There's nothing wrong with our team. We have players more than capable of playing for a team challenging at the top of this competitive league. We're littered with experienced and talented players at this level. Bannan, Hutch, Lee, Fletch, Rhodes, Reach, Harris, Murphy...

What we don't have is a system that plays to the strengths of our team - ie our best creative players. You can argue that we don't actually have a system. Bullen got us through the first few games on spirit and togetherness. He's been found out now as a good coach, a good person but not a good manager - at least, not ready for management at this level.

We desperately need a forward-thinking, young and hungry manager in who has a clear idea of what style they want to implement. Keep Bullen and we tread water at best.

21 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I think the Barnsley performance was good but yes since then it’s 5 mediocre/poor performances in a row now, despite playing average opposition and having a full squad to pick from 

absolutely spot on bud,we have much tougher games to come,if we play like this regularly we will be in real trouble,

18 minutes ago, erowl said:

How he goes from spending a reported £2m per season on Bruce to the total inactivity with an estate agent at the helm I do not know!

Mind boggling.

Reminds me of his 3 years to find a centre half then coming up with Van Bambi.

14 minutes ago, jezek said:

Must have missed that news, when did DC become chief of police and joined SAG?

25 minutes ago, jezek said:

Absolutely right mate. Wr have spent a small fortune and still playing the same rubbish players that failed four years ago. 

We have no proper strikers. Our best striker is an aging never was. There's nothing in midfield. 

Time after time we've signed players and never played them 

We won't get out of this mess until we get a new owner. 

Wr won't get a good manager like Gary Monk because the club has a reputation for dubious dealings. 

Bullen is out of his depth but i don't blame him entirely. A good owner would have decent support around Bullen to advise and nurture. Knowing Wednesday i imagine he's left entirely on his own to work things out. We haven't played a decent team yet. Goodness know what will happen when we do 

54 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Highly likely - the mantra of a defensive coach ..hang on to what you have.

in this day and age and in this league, that rarely works out - as was demonstrated by QPR, or was it Brazil?

When Bullen took over at Xmas, he took off the defensive approach and the team attacked. They improved. 

We have to look at the players; missing chances;  a terrible right back performance last week; Bannan having poor matches more often than not tho he can have a blinder and occasionally score one,  and we all know he likes to play too deep pinging long balls which do not provide opportunities; FF indisciplined and even if not, gets booked; Fox game but struggles; Hutch cannot defend without fouling and gets booked; Nuhiu and Fletcher are not 20 goals a season men...I could go on. Harris and Murphy are our main hopes but as I wasn't there, don't know, maybe they are not progressing.

There are too many players in the team who do not deliver when a decent team turns up and shows ruthlessness in trying to win. Most of them do look good vs an a below average team like Barnsley

QPR are a horrible team. Completely wound up 23k people + our team and come away with 3 points. Did a job on us. 

Their #14 was a reyt little toe rag shouting at the South after match like he’d won the cup. 

They fully deserved the 3 points having said that.