SAG / SCC. Write to your Councillor or MP

I’ve not seen it mentioned specifically, but to my knowledge we have Lord Hattersley our club president, David Blunkett and Clive Betts who are all keen owls.

Are they petitioning on our behalf to get these crazy new safety rules relaxed?

if not they should be.....

Write to your MP or local councillor and ask them to petition for a sensible solution to this issue.

No other ground in the country can be operating under such extreme rules, 

do they stop Utd fans exiting onto Bumhole stain because there are away fans also? No.

Over the years there has been far more trouble around there than at hillsborough.

its one thing grumbling on owlstalk, but we need to work through the proper political channels to get this sorted out!!

• Like 1

Councillor,  is that the best you can do 

Sag and police , yep

Councillor , will it affect my chance of re election

Sag and police , no

Councillor , f@@k em then

Our mps are more incompetent and self serving than the police and sag put together and once elected couldnt care less about anything apart from their personal pet projects . 

• Haha 1

The ground has been there for years, it’s the non moving part here. It’s up to these ‘parties’ to sort out this mess and do their jobs properly. 

It bothers me that we’re a big football city (could even say birthplace of football etc)... thousands of people love football and get enjoyment from it... and what does this city do to back up our club? to send people home happy? Flip all. 

You don’t see Manchester being like this - the clubs there are seen as part of the city - the clubs boost the city too (alright yes - prem - money etc) but still. It works hand it hand. 

We just get dumplings that treat football in this city as something to poo on. That’s what I’m tired of. 

20 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The ground has been there for years, it’s the non moving part here. It’s up to these ‘parties’ to sort out this mess and do their jobs properly. 

It bothers me that we’re a big football city (could even say birthplace of football etc)... thousands of people love football and get enjoyment from it... and what does this city do to back up our club? to send people home happy? Flip all. 

You don’t see Manchester being like this - the clubs there are seen as part of the city - the clubs boost the city too (alright yes - prem - money etc) but still. It works hand it hand. 

We just get dumplings that treat football in this city as something to poo on. That’s what I’m tired of. 

Manchester has the football museum. What is it doing there? It's the sort of thing Sheffield should have.

A simple Google search will take you to websites giving contact details for councillors and MPs

You should make your views known clearly and politely without being unkind or in anyway abusive.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Thanks 1

• Cllr Julie Dore: Leader of the Council (Chair)
  • Cllr Olivia Blake: Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources and Governance (Deputy Leader) 
  • Cllr Lewis Dagnall: Cabinet Member for Environment, Streetscene and Climate Change
  • Cllr Jackie Drayton: Cabinet Member for Children and Families 
  • Cllr  Mazher Iqbal: Cabinet Member for Business and Investment 
  • Cllr Bob Johnson: Cabinet Member for Transport and Development 
  • Cllr Mary Lea: Cabinet Member for Culture, Parks and Leisure 
  • Cllr George Lindars-Hammond: Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care 
  • Cllr Abtisam Mohamed: Cabinet Member for Education and Skills 
  • Cllr Paul Wood: Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety 

Councillors

In Sheffield, there are 84 elected Councillors with 3 Councillors for each of the 28 Wards:

• Labour, 49 (including 6 Labour and Co-operative)
  • Liberal Democrats, 26
  • Green, 8

There have been explosive developments over the last few days with cabinet resignations critical of Julie Dore and her 'Strong Leader, Model.

A move towards a more democratic committee based system has been mooted where People joining peaceful protest on the Tree issues should not be threatened with huge fines and/or imprisonment.

Of course Wednesdayites are the people too, so any Owls fans wishing to make their voices heard would be welcome to attend tomorrows protest 11am-noon outside the City Hall and make your feelings known.  

• Like 1

I suspect that local residents will also be writing to their local politicians after Saturday.

With Leppings Lane is already closed to traffic after the match, shutting Penistone Road can only create gridlock on Middlewood Road, Herries Road, Wadsley Lane and all the side roads around the ground.

That will be a fun cabinet meeting at the council offices.

4 hours ago, SS Owl said:

I’ve not seen it mentioned specifically, but to my knowledge we have Lord Hattersley our club president, David Blunkett and Clive Betts who are all keen owls.

Are they petitioning on our behalf to get these crazy new safety rules relaxed?

if not they should be.....

Write to your MP or local councillor and ask them to petition for a sensible solution to this issue.

No other ground in the country can be operating under such extreme rules, 

do they stop Utd fans exiting onto Bumhole stain because there are away fans also? No.

Over the years there has been far more trouble around there than at hillsborough.

its one thing grumbling on owlstalk, but we need to work through the proper political channels to get this sorted out!!

Hi David

I know Boris has just poruoged Parliament and the UK is on the verge of a national crisis not seen since WW2 which may see the reintroduction of rationing, shortages in basic medical care and the currency falling off a cliff. 

Could you fix it so that Beres doesn't get shut on a Saturday afternoon as a result of over zealous policing and we can get our ball back from over the fence. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, cross owl said:

Sag and police , yep

Sag and police , no

Our mps are more incompetent and self serving than the police and sag put together and once elected couldnt care less about anything apart from their personal pet projects . 

Well it wont change their chances of election unless enough people convince them it will. There are quite a lot of Labour are going to Councillors that need as many votes as possible. Knowing that a Labour administration has needlessly peed off half their constituents. Sorry two thirds of their local constituents isn't in their interests believe me. 

Also Julie Dore, a Wednesday fan, is effectively Motherarseoles boss. Get writing to her.

I've worked with Councillors for 20 years and believe me, it works.

8 hours ago, cross owl said:

Sag and police , yep

Sag and police , no

Ridiculous most MP's spend hours and hours on behalf of their constituents.  They have an unbelievable workload.   

I wrote to Gill Furniss, MP for Hillsborough, last weekend. She's my MP as I live just off Leppings Lane, and obviously also the MP for the stadium.

I got a reply from one of her staff essentially stating that she couldn't do anything and that I should write to the councillors.