Millers forums

Just reading Millers footy mad and no complaints or bitterness at all about our win.

One guy even states Wednesday toyed with us. Reading comments from people on here I thought we’d played like a pub team. Why do we as a fan base expect so much? 

We’ve done nothing to justify our expectations for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Just reading Millers footy mad and no complaints or bitterness at all about our win.

One guy even states Wednesday toyed with us. Reading comments from people on here I thought we’d played like a pub team. Why do we as a fan base expect so much? 

We’ve done nothing to justify our expectations for years.

Our starting line up and formation wasn't right and I feared the worst, we looked better and stronger towards end of game, I was surprised how Rotherham players looked out on there feet near end when they hadn't had a game for nearly 2 weeks. 

During the game I thought they were quite competitive - causing us a few problems. 

They had a major chance where their player (somehow) put it wide... and a dangerous ball across our 6 yard box in the second half. 

What people forget is that football is sometimes purposefully scrappy, with teams/managers trying to stifle each other... it’s not always so black and white. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Our starting line up and formation wasn't right and I feared the worst, we looked better and stronger towards end of game, I was surprised how Rotherham players looked out on there feet near end when they hadn't had a game for nearly 2 weeks. 

Bullen put his finger on that though after the match.

He said no team can continue that energetic high pressing game for 90(6) minutes.

Got to be a reason why we keep going there and scoring so late.

We huffed and puffed for 70 mins and tbh played the long ball quite a lot, which was not really surprising as we had an 8 foot striker on the pitch.

Bossed the last 20 mins without looking too clinical, Bannan and Harris were the class we required to prise open their defence. 

Fun 96th minute though, made it worth it. 

Edited by Joe Jockstrap

On 29/08/2019 at 18:07, Bluesteel said:

Looking at the line up, it looked like we had some decent individuals but not a functioning team that would cope with a game like that. But they did ok, but I think it also shows how far Rotherham have fallen from that awkward team under Evans.

That team hadnt had a minutes football together 

9 changes was the problem ( 8 as changing the Keeper is less of a problem IMO )

On 29/08/2019 at 17:53, Blatter said:

Bullen put his finger on that though after the match.

He said no team can continue that energetic high pressing game for 90(6) minutes.

Got to be a reason why we keep going there and scoring so late.

I've noticed this season that we seem to press in patches and not do it all through the game. I suppose Bullen's comments explain why this is. It also gives an element of surprise which would explain why we've caught a couple of sides out doing this. 

56 minutes ago, Nut said:

I've noticed this season that we seem to press in patches and not do it all through the game. I suppose Bullen's comments explain why this is. It also gives an element of surprise which would explain why we've caught a couple of sides out doing this. 

You think Bullen might be using the dreaded Carlos tactical periodisation again?

I think they start off pressing, then find it hard work until Bullen gets into them at half time and they start pressing again 2nd half.

Bully got the initial line up wrong, but did well to ensure we competed well enough for the victory in the end.

Well done Lee Bullen though still not my choice for long term manager.

Praise where it’s due though.

Ps - I’d start Nuhiu again. Not the most talented footballer but he makes a difference when he’s on it, and is an awkward customer for opponents to deal with.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

You think Bullen might be using the dreaded Carlos tactical periodisation again?

I think they start off pressing, then find it hard work until Bullen gets into them at half time and they start pressing again 2nd half.

Maybe so. It just seems there ae periods we press really hard then other times we stand off and let teams have the ball.