Takeover?

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Cost fa for bruce. Newcastle is paying. Besides the chairman is not known to be careful with dosh. But if it works is false economy?

Its false economy not to appoint a manager and to make do with what we have.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

What if the new manager is jossesque..isn't that false economy?

There is always a risk and if we get complete unknown who nobody in Sheffield has ever heard off its very high risk.  I would prefer someone  with proven record of winning who can take us up Cowley's Bowyer, Cooper, Rowett accept any of them.

Anybody who says current incumbent is convincing are fooling themselves probably out of blind loyalty. We had a less demanding start to season than we could have. The two awkward games we have failed and lacked sparkle in others. I was prepared to give him a chance but too much evidence that he is not man. He clearly is mates with several of players and not good for manager as team selection always tainted.

I am quite convinced if not drive to reduce costs he would have been replaced already. 

Remember others have ben offered job and said no because of wage offered. We are seeing if we can save money and it will ruin season.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Probably another 50 odd negs coming my way for this.....

Is the caretaker manager situation down to Chansiri being in talks to sell the club? Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

just seems a strange situation and if a takeover was at an advanced stage they would want to bring in their own team - the reason for no permanent appointment at present.

Chansiri has also been extremely quiet recently. 

Just a thought......neg away

Clueless beyond belief Chansiri and his family love it here end of thread.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Quist said:

Remember others have ben offered job and said no because of wage offered. We are seeing if we can save money and it will ruin season.

Who's been offered the job ?  What wage was offered ?

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

There is always a risk and if we get complete unknown who nobody in Sheffield has ever heard off its very high risk.  I would prefer someone  with proven record of winning who can take us up Cowley's Bowyer, Cooper, Rowett accept any of them.

Anybody who says current incumbent is convincing are fooling themselves probably out of blind loyalty. We had a less demanding start to season than we could have. The two awkward games we have failed and lacked sparkle in others. I was prepared to give him a chance but too much evidence that he is not man. He clearly is mates with several of players and not good for manager as team selection always tainted.

I am quite convinced if not drive to reduce costs he would have been replaced already. 

But none of the Cowley, Bowyer, Cooper... Who?, Rowett have taken teams up to the Premier, so what makes em certainties to take us up.? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

When..not heard that.

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Who's been offered the job ?  What wage was offered ?

Me neither.

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

You won't have because no one has said it. 

Thanks mate, I thought that was the case.  Too much ballcocks spouted on here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Seen it mentions in other posts and it definitely makes things a lot clearer.

If we're not getting taken over then the lack of urgency to appoint a manager is very very worrying.

I can see your point in relation to the present situation looking along the lines of the mm and stuart gray scenario, however to counter those thoughts is the likelihood that everyone on the list is uninspiring

I wonder if Bullen and Chansiri had a conversation along these lines...

C: if I give you the job before the season starts and we get off to a stinker the fans will crucify the pair of us..

B: yes.. that would be the risk..but I think I could do the job..

C: well..if you're in charge until the international break and do well and get the supporters on side...it would be a lot easier for us both..

B: fair enough.. I'll see what I can do..

12 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

Sell the club for 50 million then lease the ground back to the new owners for 2 million a year. Problems solved for Mr. Chansiri ?

Didn't DC say he had turned down £170 Mill, when asked if he was selling the club after the last forum? 

On 29/08/2019 at 10:49, Hirst_is_god said:

Probably another 50 odd negs coming my way for this.....

Is the caretaker manager situation down to Chansiri being in talks to sell the club? Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

just seems a strange situation and if a takeover was at an advanced stage they would want to bring in their own team - the reason for no permanent appointment at present.

Chansiri has also been extremely quiet recently. 

Just a thought......neg away

Chansiri doesn't often court the press, but think about what has happened in the last few months that could be keeping him quiet: Bruce, SYP/SAG, most likely attempting to bring in a manager. The club are possibly in legal challenges on two of these things, so there is little wonder he's not saying much. Also, what is there to say beyond official club statements?

I don't know many Thai people, but I am sure I am correct when I say that honour is a big part of their culture. What SB did is almost the opposite of the way Thai's conduct themselves, so maybe Chansiri will not "poach" another manager like Ashley did, but approach the manger's club in an honourable and proper way - assuming an approach has been made for a manager already in employment. If he has made an approach, and got knocked back, he probably see's that as game over and won't make any illegal moves or noises in the media.

Just my take on things, but I don't believe a takeover is on the cards at this moment.