Takeover?

The old ‘not appointed anyone as the new owners will want their own man’ thing certainly makes sense, if the brief was to just make up a situation. In other news, I’ve heard Chansiri hasn’t appointed a new manager yet because he’s so

busy trying to break the record for making the worlds longest Domino Rally that he’s completely forgotten he owns a football club. Pass it on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Probably another 50 odd negs coming my way for this.....

Is the caretaker manager situation down to Chansiri being in talks to sell the club? Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

just seems a strange situation and if a takeover was at an advanced stage they would want to bring in their own team - the reason for no permanent appointment at present.

Chansiri has also been extremely quiet recently. 

Just a thought......neg away

Can't see it... More likely will either announce new manager (or that bullen has job) early next week with the international break coming up

3 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Is the caretaker manager situation down to Chansiri being in talks to sell the club? Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

just seems a strange situation and if a takeover was at an advanced stage they would want to bring in their own team - the reason for no permanent appointment at present.

You’re just repeating last week’s latest conspiracy theory post.

Neg’d it last time can’t be bothered now.

His main target was Houghton who doesn’t want it .. next target is Pulis which the fan base don’t want .. as such the option turn into far riskier decisions .. that and he maybe trying to pry a manager away from a club but not succeeding .. in meantime Bullen not doing a bad job point wise just maybe not that hot performance wise 

4 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

Hmmm, this just seems made up. Bruce left because he had to manage his boyhood team in the PL.

4 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

You aren't the only one thinking that.  Quite a feasible situation, especially as ground sold in close season.  Who knows what is happening in the world of footie high finance...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Seems plausible. It’s certainly a possibility. However, I think DC is big on ‘his family’ and I think he wants to give it to Bullen but he wants to see how he does. However, I do think he needs to appoint an experienced manager. Sooner rather than later as well.

Agree - sure the whole situation will become clear in the international break upcoming

5 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

I believe it is more of an attempt to reduce costs. It has been reported does not want to pay same as he was paying Bruce in fact much less. Bullen cheap option if works will be laughing all way to bank. Personally think it is false economy..

Just now, Quist said:

I believe it is more of an attempt to reduce costs. It has been reported does not want to pay same as he was paying Bruce in fact much less. Bullen cheap option if works will be laughing all way to bank. Personally think it is false economy..

This......................probably the same reason why we haven`t replaced the CEO.

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

Cost fa for bruce. Newcastle is paying. Besides the chairman is not known to be careful with dosh. But if it works is false economy?

6 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Strange post. 

The guy seems over-committed to his dream of taking us up. 

He rarely sells players, however innefective they are. Selling the club is unlikely to be on his agenda.