Takeover?

Probably another 50 odd negs coming my way for this.....

Is the caretaker manager situation down to Chansiri being in talks to sell the club? Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

just seems a strange situation and if a takeover was at an advanced stage they would want to bring in their own team - the reason for no permanent appointment at present.

Chansiri has also been extremely quiet recently. 

Just a thought......neg away

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Is the caretaker manager situation down to Chansiri being in talks to sell the club? Obviously we know most of the reason why Bruce left but was a small part down to broken promises regarding a takeover?

just seems a strange situation and if a takeover was at an advanced stage they would want to bring in their own team - the reason for no permanent appointment at present.

Where is the information about this takeover you are talking about?

20 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Seen it mentions in other posts and it definitely makes things a lot clearer.

If we're not getting taken over then the lack of urgency to appoint a manager is very very worrying.

24 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

There you go

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Seems plausible. It’s certainly a possibility. However, I think DC is big on ‘his family’ and I think he wants to give it to Bullen but he wants to see how he does. However, I do think he needs to appoint an experienced manager. Sooner rather than later as well.

27 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Bruce left because he  got offered his dream job,nowt to do with any broken promises.

Bruce left because thats what he does. Better offer comes he jumps. Loyalty and integrity dont apply to Mrs Brown. As for takeover whose going to want to buy us at present ??? Hemorrhaging money and basically 100 million in debt.(DC willing to cover these debts but would put of any investors).The time to sell for DC would be if we made the premier league otherwise he will have blown 100+ million.

Guest LittleG
27 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

Not sure we are such an attractive buying option at the moment. Nobody who comes into the club (after buying Chansiri out) will be able to pump money in to try and achieve promotion so why would they but. Add to this that we would have again lost millions again this year if we hadn't "sold" the ground, so what is our USP?

34 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

I generally don’t neg people and I can’t stand “neg away” posts as a rule.

The obvious biggest part of the reason you quote for Bruce leaving is totalbollocks so have a shitgif....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

A takeover would let DC leave and stop him needing to pour ££££M into the club like he has been doing. From that point of view there is some sense in it.

It would make no difference to the P & S aspects. If we were up against the limits a change of ownership wouldn't change that at all. It wouldn't remove the previous losses. If we were under embargo it wouldn't remove it.

On that basis I don't think the snake would have any reason to leave because a takeover had fallen through or been delayed.

41 minutes ago, Hirst_is_god said:

I should comment as I’m one of the posters who have suggested this theory in other threads.  I agree with you that it seems strange how quiet Chansiri has gone regarding the manager situation. The last we heard on 29th July was “the club confirms Lee Bullen will be in charge for the Reading game”. Nothing about how he will continue as a care taker manager or anything after that.  

I personally feel if there isn’t a reason like a takeover in the background, the lack of clarity about our situation is very poor. It is just continuing the speculation and uncertainty about the future. Which many ex-pros have said is unsettling for players, no matter how many experts on owlstalk say it shouldn’t matter 

Chansiri is always quiet in terms of talking to the press or putting statements out, he’s just giving Bullen a chance to stake his claim 

People read things into absolutely nothing