Home Alone..

10 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

I was wondering how many of us go to Home/Away games on their own? Whether that be through choice or with no other option?

I had a mate who I use to go to games with but he has recently decided Australia is better than the UK, leaving me to go it alone. :laugh:

If I am the only one then I expect some abuse but I am a big boy and sticks and stones don't hurt me. lol

I'll charge you a tenner a game. Give me some of your life history, and I can pretend to be your BFF for £15.00 a game. No funny business though, but I'll let you hold my hand.

Oh, and I need picking up FFS!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'll charge you a tenner a game. Give me some of your life history, and I can pretend to be your BFF for £15.00 a game. No funny business though, but I'll let you hold my hand.

Oh, and I need picking up FFS!

Throw in a full time hug and I think we can make a deal fine Sir! lol

• Haha 1

Been on my own a few times, always someone to talk to if you want to.

There's an oldish bloke that sits in front of us who comes on his own. It's lovely to see how the group round him have 'taken him in' to their group. He never shuts up now, he said that it was his favourite time of the week as he is surrounded by people that he can have a talk to.

• Like 3

Quite a few years ago...could’ve been the megson out/jones in season...one Tuesday morning at work decided“I’m gonna drive up and watch Wednesday at Carlisle tonight!“

6 hour plus round trip... lost 3-2...remember Marshall scored one and that bald headed centre half another late on...rob somat?? Memories terrible!

weird decision to go on mi own but it makes you do funny things this football lark

but as been said on here you do get talking with others so not that bad

52 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Throw in a full time hug and I think we can make a deal fine Sir! lol

You see, you are never alone really

I also offer a full VIP Stalking service if you are interested. PM me for details. lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Used to go to plenty on my own, usually due to mates on different shifts etc. Never bothered me, rounds in the pub beforehand were good value!

Better value if you agree to split the bill like proper mates should, and then down 3 pints versus your lightweight mate who could only manage the 1!

I'm Irish so all my friends are Liverpool/Man Utd fans. 

I try get to about 10-15 games a year of which i'd say about 75% of are on my own. Usually find if you're at a bar before the game people will hear the accent and be curious, generally found there'll always be a group to talk to, and if not, enjoying a couple of pints before a game on your own isn't the worst place to be. 

1 hour ago, LoanRanger said:

I'm Irish so all my friends are Liverpool/Man Utd fans. 

I try get to about 10-15 games a year of which i'd say about 75% of are on my own. Usually find if you're at a bar before the game people will hear the accent and be curious, generally found there'll always be a group to talk to, and if not, enjoying a couple of pints before a game on your own isn't the worst place to be. 

I was sat with my daughter at the play off final, she buggered off at half time to get a drink, the guy sat next to her had come on his own, we had a good chat until the second half started. 

At home games we're sat around the same people every week, that's one of the good things about away games, I would always get talking to someone I've not met before, it's one of the things I miss about not being able to go away.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I went to the Reading game on my own at start of the season. Which was especially true as I had to get a seat in the home end as away had sold out! So wasn’t surrounded by fellow Wednesdayites.

It is funny the things you hear when you are an owl in sheep’s clothing. 

Particular highlights were how they should beat us easily and how we were time wasting when their ball boy didn’t return the ball to Westwood and when Fletch had to go off due to a little blood on his shorts and he didn’t want to.  

There was also something quite funny about having to pretend to shake my head as Joao scored the third goal. 

:image:

Edited by Owls-Fan