He’s on form/in beast mode at the moment. He does this even more often when his contract is on the line (that’s not a criticism). 

I think he’s underrated and ideal against sides who sit back. He’s improved a lot as a player in his time here and tends to make an impact when he does play. His headers used to be all over the shop but he finds the target now.

He had a very good impact in the game at Preston when he came on there and he again worked his tail off for 90 minutes against Rotherham and got a little break in the end. I don't know why people have got such a love hate relationship with the big man. He is so effective. Listen, he knows his limitations and I think that's important for any player, but he also knows his strengths. He has got such a strong mentality. People question and knock him down every time but he has been here six years and has got so many appearances for the club. He loves the football club and he was the man to pop up with the goal in the 94th or 95th minute. The lads love him to bits. He is brilliant to have around and he can be so effective.

Bullen

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A classic bit of irony last night when the warrior went up for a nearpost header from a throw in, sandwiched between 2 of their defenders, & actually won the ball & it went for a goal kick. :biggrin:

Any other time he would have probably lost the header & we'd have got a corner.

A constant problem for the home defence though. Who eventually didn't have the heart to stay with him until the death..........

Bring on the toffees.

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He had a very good impact in the game at Preston when he came on there and he again worked his tail off for 90 minutes against Rotherham and got a little break in the end. I don't know why people have got such a love hate relationship with the big man. He is so effective. Listen, he knows his limitations and I think that's important for any player, but he also knows his strengths. He has got such a strong mentality. People question and knock him down every time but he has been here six years and has got so many appearances for the club. He loves the football club and he was the man to pop up with the goal in the 94th or 95th minute. The lads love him to bits. He is brilliant to have around and he can be so effective.

Bullen

So thats Fox and now Nuhiu that he has praised to the rafters..............................definitely time to get a new manager in    :biggrin:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s on form/in beast mode at the moment. He does this even more often when his contract is on the line (that’s not a criticism). 

I think he’s underrated and ideal against sides who sit back. He’s improved a lot as a player in his time here and tends to make an impact when he does play. His headers used to be all over the shop but he finds the target now.

This is actually a good point that I think is overlooked far too often.

When he first joined us his finishing was pretty miserable...but in the last 2-3 years it’s significantly improved.

When the ball falls to him in the box I feel much more confident that he’ll work the keeper at the very least. His purple patch came from getting him front and central in the POMO, and the Jos changed him back to being a workhorse and the goals dried up.