2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Don't know about the last 3 years Snoots but IMO the best I've seen in a striped shirt was Jack Whitham.

whitham can hit em ….not in a striped shirt though lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

To me he is a complete enigma.

When I first saw him I said he'd never been a footballer and couldn't take him seriously. 

The more I've watched him, heard him speak and read interviews with him the more I've warmed to him as a bloke and as a footballer.

He is lion hearted and plays with a smile, he's weirdly better with his feet than his head.

Some refs penalise him all the time and with others he wins loads of free kicks.

He's probably best coming on as a sub and what a sub!

That's Atdhe Nuhiu.

PS I don't get the haters.

Totally agree Rev owl, he‘s had some right brickbats on here(and by me)...i‘d love to know what his minutes on pitch v goal return is

I don't think anyone played particularly well but he scored so Everton at home thanks Nuhiu. 

A cult figure, no better goal than a goal by the big man. Love him.

• Agree 1

0F8121CB-4505-4E15-84D2-AC282AD3456A.jpeg

Headlocked on the first ball, still first to react to the second. 

Well done big man.

#desire

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Whats the 1 thing thats for certain after a nuhiu goal? a post on owlstalk about the man himself.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a 

preview.thumb.jpg.2ae55d5127ca992914fafe6afe8690c7.jpg

Not a 

51G0jHZooCL._AC_SY400_.jpg.8f9955bd18957166b4eb68cd8c39046c.jpg

:image:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Olsen, jeez which tw@t signed him totally ***** useless 

Remember going to blackpool away & all our fans singing “Kim Olsen, Kim Olsen, the sh!ttest Danish player in the world”

oh they were dark times ... 

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bizarrely,  seeing as we mainly see him as a hold up target man he's probably the one of all our attacked who seems to get in there for those 6 yard box goals. 

Any stattos out there? 

We don't really score enough of those tap ins and scrambles

True this, some players eyes light up when the ball is in the box and nothing gets in their way, sometimes they are not the greatest players but just have the will to get on the end of the ball.

Nuhiu has some of this as does Iorfa, great exponents of this were Reda, and Lierra and a long time ago Lee Chapman. I also think Fletcher when playing alongside Nuhiu and released from the shackles of having 2 defenders hanging off is pretty useful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Don't know about the last 3 years Snoots but IMO the best I've seen in a striped shirt was Jack Whitham.

you've never seen Whitham in a striped shirt lol 

Ahead of Winall and Rhodes in the queue for me and best placed to both step in for Fletcher and to come on and change a game.

Was important to get him off the mark. Should be ahead of Rhodes & Winnall, in my opinion. 

When he scores part of the celebration is ramming it down the throat of the short sighted doubters on the interweb

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Was important to get him off the mark. Should be ahead of Rhodes & Winnall, in my opinion. 

He offers more. 

Yeah, he has those days where he lumbers around like a disabled elephant, but when he's on it he can be unplayable. 

Best player on the pitch at Preston and by a distance. Last night he made the telling contribution.

Always useful to have around, despite how frustrating he can be. 

• Agree 2

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

When he scores part of the celebration is ramming it down the throat of the short sighted doubters on the interweb

Fox looks like he's in the front rank of the shield wall and just seen the Vikings turn up

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NYowl said:

True this, some players eyes light up when the ball is in the box and nothing gets in their way, sometimes they are not the greatest players but just have the will to get on the end of the ball.

Nuhiu has some of this as does Iorfa, great exponents of this were Reda, and Lierra and a long time ago Lee Chapman. I also think Fletcher when playing alongside Nuhiu and released from the shackles of having 2 defenders hanging off is pretty useful.

Until you said Fletcher this was spot on. Unfortunately this IMO is what fletcher lacks !!! Hes a good player but his lack of goals over the years has really held him back.

Nuhiu does a job, he has passion and desire which you cant teach and we lack. Good on him. Defo higher in the pecking order than Rhodes and Winnall.

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He offers more. 

Yeah, he has those days where he lumbers around like a disabled elephant, but when he's on it he can be unplayable. 

Best player on the pitch at Preston and by a distance. Last night he made the telling contribution.

Always useful to have around, despite how frustrating he can be. 

garymegson