If anyone was going to score, I felt like it would be him. 

Never going to be a classic this game. 

I went to the match, thought he did quite well, worked hard. He’d offer something with our best other 10 players too I feel. 

Right place, right time. Bagged the winner. Well done big man. 

• Like 5

Bizarrely,  seeing as we mainly see him as a hold up target man he's probably the one of all our attacked who seems to get in there for those 6 yard box goals. 

Any stattos out there? 

We don't really score enough of those tap ins and scrambles

3 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

With two good wingers getting crosses in he'd have a field day in the games where he's on it ... 

Offers far more than JR and Winnall combined. 

Kim Olsen offered more than Winnall does 

6 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

He was awful

But so were most that started

Wouldn’t say awful - at least effective - in a game of low quality (got better with our 3 subs on) he got the job done. 

Without players like Harris coming on, he and everyone else weren’t going to do much.   

36 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Statto,  Erm,  I mean @Holmowl, get cracking. 

Our best 6 yard box finisher for the last 3 years?

[Caveat: this is league games only and I'm not Holmowl]

Did quick look, but as I'm on my phone I wasn't able to keep a tally. However, from eyeballing it, it looks like Nuhiu has scored more goals inside 6 yard box (7) than any other player over the last 3 seasons. Fletcher and Hooper were on about 5 each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

[Caveat: this is league games only and I'm not Holmowl]

Did quick look, but as I'm on my phone I wasn't able to keep a tally. However, from eyeballing it, it looks like Nuhiu has scored more goals inside 6 yard box (7) than any other player over the last 3 seasons. Fletcher and Hooper were on about 5 each.

Thought he might have. When he scored tonight it got me thinking. 

We score and have scored so many worldies the last 3 years or so. I couldn't really think of anyone poaching many.

And if you'd asked most folks off the top of their head they probably wouldn't have named him.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought he might have. When he scored tonight it got me thinking. 

We score and have scored so many worldies the last 3 years or so. I couldn't really think of anyone poaching many.

And if you'd asked most folks off the top of their head they probably wouldn't have named him.

I guess he's got long legs... if both he and the ball are in the 6 yard box together he has more chance of reaching it than most lol

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I guess he's got long legs... if both he and the ball are in the 6 yard box together he has more chance of reaching it than most lol

He's one of the few who's eyes seem to light up when the balls heading in that area you can always see the determination to get in there in the nettles

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's one of the few who's eyes seem to light up when the balls heading in that area you can always see the determination to get in there in the nettles

To me he is a complete enigma.

When I first saw him I said he'd never been a footballer and couldn't take him seriously. 

The more I've watched him, heard him speak and read interviews with him the more I've warmed to him as a bloke and as a footballer.

He is lion hearted and plays with a smile, he's weirdly better with his feet than his head.

Some refs penalise him all the time and with others he wins loads of free kicks.

He's probably best coming on as a sub and what a sub!

That's Atdhe Nuhiu.

PS I don't get the haters.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has there ever been a Wednesday player who has divided opinion so much...well maybe 70/30 against,but who has been around for so long and always seems to score crucial goals just when you think“ naaa that’s it for Nuhiu‘ we’ll not see him this season“

respect from me...I’ve written him off many times but he’s still here and he‘ll be remembered more than a lot we’ve had over years

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

To me he is a complete enigma.

When I first saw him I said he'd never been a footballer and couldn't take him seriously. 

The more I've watched him, heard him speak and read interviews with him the more I've warmed to him as a bloke and as a footballer.

He is lion hearted and plays with a smile, he's weirdly better with his feet than his head.

Some refs penalise him all the time and with others he wins loads of free kicks.

He's probably best coming on as a sub and what a sub!

That's Atdhe Nuhiu.

PS I don't get the haters.

Totally agree Rev owl, he‘s had some right brickbats on here(and by me)...i‘d love to know what his minutes on pitch v goal return is