Jordan Rhodes

I too questioned his body language after the goal .. its like he doesn't fit in within the squad ..

Down to someone at the club worth their salt to find out what the issue is whether its bullying or lack of confidence or whatever and get it sorted ..

The longer it goes on, the more it leaves for "fans" to keep up the heckling and abuse and mocking of Rhodes

Its still early days yet, 1 game, ok against L1 opposition but christ, some people getting in a right tizz over it . Sounds like there weren't many stand out performances yesterday. Surprised Fox isn't getting pelters!

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Honestly think he's still got it somewhere in him

But he genuinely looks like he doesn't enjoy playing football

What gives you that idea?

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

He always looks pssd off on the pitch and struggles to get into most games i've seen him in a Wednesday kit

I meant why you think he’s still got it in him to do well?

Honestly I think there is more of a chance of Michael Barrymore winning Miss World than Rhodes suddenly developing some physical and mental football attributes... 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I think his body language after the goal was because Nuhui gave him a shove in the back as he was about to meet the cross 

No guarantee he’d bury it...but he probably thought he took his chance away....

Didn't even notice that...yeah that does explain why he was a grumpy pants.

I've seen many players act in the same way....especially a certain Mr Ronaldo.

Still, it doesn't explain his all round poor display. 

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, 83owl said:

My dog would have a good chance of bagging one if you have him a full game

Is he available to play along side Fletcher Saturday?

Looked like he was enjoying himself at Norwich last year when he got on, and still scored 6 which is probably 5 if not 6 more than he will get here all season 

Lad doesn’t want to be here and ideally would’ve been sold and replaced in summer but Norwich’s offer was an insult 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Looked like he was enjoying himself at Norwich last year when he got on, and still scored 6 which is probably 5 if not 6 more than he will get here all season 

Lad doesn’t want to be here and ideally would’ve been sold and replaced in summer but Norwich’s offer was an insult 

I'd have took it at the time and still take now 

14 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Your team mate has just scored a 90th minute winner against a local rival all the team celebrate and he walks away ! Come on lad. Everyone wants you to come good.

He reacted like that because he was on the end of it.. about to head it home.. and he gets a shove in the back from Nuhiu who then knocks it in at the 2nd attempt. It was basically the only clear-cut chance we actually laid on for Rhodes all night and a teammate knocks him out the way.

The guy's desperate for a goal, and I'm not going to blame him for initially reacting frustrated at that happening.

He did then come and celebrate with the rest.

Can't understand why his body language might not be good..... Seeing so many have done nothing but have a go at the lad. Scored more goals in a season then anyone else we have. Scored goals to help Middlesbrough go up which people forget. Never had a decent run in the side with singers crossing the ball and a fellow striker to distract in the box.

Last night it was perfect for him to score when Nuihu came bumbling in n scored (which I loved) but nudged Rhodes out of the way. Chances have always been few for him and here it was n he doesn't get it. I'd want him to be happy for the team but annoyed for himself. Strikers confidence can trigger by a goal. It must be so frustrating for him. He should be given a run in the side with winnal up front could be our best partnership, but how could you drop Fletcher right now and how long would it take for them to fire. Maybe a loan to a club where he will play with a partner week in week out unlike Norwich where they just happened to get in a guy who is now scoring goals in the premiership like a top 6 player. Don't think he's loving not scoring as he used to. Back off the guy ffs

• Haha 1

Just now, torres said:

At full pace about 5 minutes after!

At this point, if he's pissed off i don't blame him at all.

Bully's another manager who refused to play Rhodes regularly and in a system which works for him.

Sam Winnall the same.

These guys are proven goal scorers, who've come to Wednesday and been misused since day one.

Carlos didn't know what to do with them so just threw them on together with no supply and hoped the ball magically ended up in the net.

Jos found a freaky patch of form from Nuhiu and Joao and then decided we just shouldn't score goals.

Bruce didn't really play either of them..

now Bully wants to play 1 up top and it doesn't suit either of them.

Rhodes and Fletch (or Winnall and Fletch) should work really well. Fletch doesn't score a lot, but his inteligent link up and ability to play a target man would be great for a natural striker playing along side him. It's a bit depressing to have the riches of strikers we have, and to just have them rotting in the stands.

Rhodes went to Norwich, didn't get masses of game time due to Pukki being immense, but still scored a similar number to Fletch and Joao, with 1/3rd as much time on the pitch.

Winnall went to Derby, scored half a dozen goals and probably would have signed for them if not for injury.

The idea that they're suddenly bad players is stupid on it's face.

We just don't, and have never, used them in an even half way sensible way.

• Thanks 2