Jordan Rhodes

15 minutes ago, Guesswhosback said:

Should of never played for us again after he refused to take a pen against Huddersfield 

Have you seen most of pens he’s taken before and after that ??? He missed for us v Leeds then he missed one at Norwich last season frankly he’s terrible at them. The game against sheff Utd in play off final he was one of last to take one whilst yes he is a striker all people can have their anxieties and maybe high profile pens he can’t handle. 

9 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Probably relieved he didn't have to take a penalty. 

Seriously though, I'm hoping he turns his fortunes around. Was hoping he'd be at the forefront of our attack. Still have the confidence that he can do it. 

FFS have you had a frontal labotomy? How many games of him being poo do you need to see what's right in front of you? He made a 35 ex SWFC league one defender look like Linford Christie

22 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Yes he walked away initially but he jogs over late into the celebrations the question is why was his body language so negative that we scored that’s the downfall no reaction other than initially walk away 

Maybe he was looking forward to taking a pen? Lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

Completely anonymous tonight yet again. But there'll still be people repeating their strange belief that if we give him a run in the team and play to his strengths (whatever they may be because I don't know) he'll suddenly regain his form from 5 years ago. 

This, all day long

Rhodes in dog poo performance shocker. Who would have thought it? 

He's absolutely stealing a living, the sooner we get him off the books the better. That's the reality of it. 

He won't come good, he's rubbish. 

For the money spent, arguably our worst ever signing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dowls said:

Interesting opinions .. from my standpoint it was more than a nudge but he clearly wasn’t pleased about it .. and he did he celebrate eventually. 

Regards what he did throughout game .. for 95 mins he was there or there about’s .. if you continually play the lad he’s scores but if you continually drop him in and out of games or ask him to play up on his own he ain’t effective enough.

football a game opinion and in my opinion he’s never been given a real chance here.

That wasn't on the owlstalk script

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alan said:

I will never forget that Jordan Rhodes who battered us with 4 goals for Huddersfield. I just can't see that player in him anymore sadly, or ever getting it back here or anywhere else. 

Watch it again...he's still running right to the final whistle

When did he stop being able to run?

He did himself no favours last night against a league 1 team.  Played 442 with Nuhiu taking the hammer and didn't shine at all, when I watch him it is like watching slow motion.

Cant play as a lone striker so I just don't know where he fits in.

At the moment he has no chance of a first team start and even coming on as a sub land making a difference looks unlikely.

I don't know if it is possible but I would be happy to give him a short term loan to a decent league 1 team even if we have to pay his wages. Just to try to get him scoring and see if he can get some confidence back.

10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Never been the same since Carlos threw him under the bus vs Huddersfield.

He fkn threw himself under the bus by being a total nesh. FFS the kid has no bottle, no aggression, no passion, no pace, no skill, no strength. He cost us 70pc of our total annual income and earns 120x what our average fan gets paid. 

Fk him and his nice letters, he's a disgrace to the shirt. We sold Joao over him, we should have stuck him on National Express coach down to Norwich for 2m plus his wage savings and kept Joao. 

We would have got a point at both Millwall and Preston had we had Joao coming off the bench. 

Luckily Boris Johnson is more of a knt right now otherwise I'd be really angry with Rhodes! 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Knta kinty
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, np pontefract said:

This is quite a statement to make, but is it true ?

What real evidence do you have to substantiate this claim ?

Have you seen highlights of game if so what do you make of JR reaction to goal? I know no knowledge of rift between him and colleagues but when I saw the way he reacted there is something amiss. that sort of behaviour will neither endear himself to his colleagues or the fans. I would also think manager is non too pleased if he noticed and does not give impression of good team spirit which is essential.

I know his father irritated other coaches and why Jos sent from bench because he was continually pushing for his son to be involved. I am also aware Bullen is a very good friend of Andy Rhodes having holidayed with him. If he remains on bench after this it suggests Rhodes senior is in ear of Bullen. We have far better than him and does not deserve to be in match day squad on performance and his reaction to me shows his head is in wrong zone too.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Watch it again...he's still running right to the final whistle

When did he stop being able to run?

When his legs went and his bottle about 3/4 years ago 

• Like 1