Jordan Rhodes

Maybe loan him to Bolton? Might do wonders for his confidence if he was seen as instrumental in keeping them up. Have to pay most of his wages ourselves, but we are doing that anyway, and didn't Bolton loan us Stu Holden while covering all his wages during the Dave Jones era? 

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Been said before but Rhodes doesn't get on with any of his team mates at the club ,he wants to leave and I can't blame him

I'd wanna leave if I was bullied by co workers 

Big difference between not getting on with people and being bullied.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but in what way has he been bullied? Or was it himself that hinted it during a Norwich interview? I can’t remember.

Must be a crap feeling in that environment if you don’t fit in.

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

Completely anonymous tonight yet again. But there'll still be people repeating their strange belief that if we give him a run in the team and play to his strengths (whatever they may be because I don't know) he'll suddenly regain his form from 5 years ago. 

I remember the exact same things being said about Franny Jeffers a few years ago !

7 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Completely true, instead that comment had him vilified for Carlos' poor tactics all summer. 

Pass the buck, Carlos was great at it and still some people can't see it, it's quite incredible. 

Rhodes was poor in that playoff and it was the missed penalty at Leeds he has not recovered from 

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Been said before but Rhodes doesn't get on with any of his team mates at the club ,he wants to leave and I can't blame him

I'd wanna leave if I was bullied by co workers 

This is quite a statement to make, but is it true ?

What real evidence do you have to substantiate this claim ?

Not just based on last nights performances, but I’ve long been convinced that Rhodes and Winnall give us very little.  The whole thing about us having an embarrassment of riches, when it comes to the striking department, is a complete myth. 

The reality is, we have 5 strikers, in terms of numbers, probably par for the course at most championship clubs, but very little by way of quality.  Fletcher is effective in the system we play, but isn’t going to frighten anyone. Nuhiu gives us something different, and can be difficult to handle, especially when used late on, from the bench.  Rhodes and Winnall offer very little at this level.  Forestieri is the one class act, but is inconsistent, and often isn’t played in a striking role. 

• Like 1

just imo the lad is fragile mentally, probably needs a dynamic motivator man manager type   but  hIs time here has gone sour, I don't know the truth about bullying or not fitting in but you almost don't need that info because his body language is appalling

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

just imo the lad is fragile mentally, probably needs a dynamic motivator man manager type   but  hIs time here has gone sour, I don't know the truth about bullying or not fitting in but you almost don't need that info because his body language is appalling

When has his time at the club been fruitful? Never rated him here 

Just now, Watto said:

When has his time at the club been fruitful? Never rated him here 

Firstly I wasn't in the clamour to get him but having paid through the nose for him we never really used him 

when I say gone sour - you're right he hasn't done anything here but I meant there appears a visible problem and I understand he was due to go to Norwich but a deal could not be agreed  (not blaming anyone for that ) 

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Without being too harsh, how much more detrimental can it get in terms of making him contribute any less?

I don't condone booing him but I'd just rather not have him in the side at the moment as we have players who offer far more.

This is exactly how I feel.

Needs to be moved on as quickly as possible, he has little if any sell on value with current wages. We probably have to write off transfer fee as he is just a millstone for the club doe to wages.

I think nobody wanted him to fail but in reality he has and some who were very keen on him are very upset with performances. I never wanted him as thought best days were behind him and saw it as a bonus if he did well so no real shock he has not performed.

Think Norwich interest was kept alive by agent , Norwich would only have him for less than they paid last year which I think sums up how they rated him. 

22 minutes ago, steelowl said:

he needs a new engine.

9 hours ago, Rogers said:

I think that’s untrue.

I think there’s a lot that question what he offers, mostly down to his ability to hold the ball amd his mobility. Like they do Nuhiu, And others. 

One of the best things about football is when players shove the abuse back down the fans gobs.

Morris

Sterland

Bolder 

Plenty of others over the years Palmer and Fox most notably recently, I do criticise (give my expert opinion) players on OT but can't understand why fans boo them etc.

It must be a soul destroying experience.