Jordan Rhodes

34 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Never been the same since Carlos threw him under the bus vs Huddersfield.

He been rubbish since he come to wednesday

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yeah poor old Franny, being too good for his teammates must be why he never scored more than 7 goals in any season in his career and also flopped in the PL and SPL at Arsenal, Rangers, Charlton and Blackburn. 

I happen to agree that he was on a different wavelength to our players when he joined, it's often the case when players have played at a higher level, it's partially due to the player but also what they expect from other players. 

That's not to say he was a world beater by any means, because he was far from it. 

5 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

He been rubbish since he come to wednesday

It's weird when you look at the stats, in his first full season with us he scored 7 goals which we deemed a disaster and a waste of money. 

He scored 9 times for Norwich last season and they deemed him to be a raging success.

For someone who is deemed as a goalscorer I'd argue neither of those is enough to be honest.

Always struck me as one of the nicest lads in football and seemed genuinely happy to join us.

It's not worked out for him (or us) so far but I'm sure it's a concern for him as well. He doesn't seem the type to not give a throw about it.

Any player who is not a world beater despite giving 100%, has a dip in form or it just doesn't work for, seems to get dogs abuse from a section of our support.

Dawson last season, Fox, Rhodes, Palmer and Pelupessy to an extent, the list goes on...

• Thanks 1

Rhodes has shown nothing since he came to us. The very fact that he was on the bench against Millwall and started tonight instead of Forestieri needs explaining properly in any interview Lee Bullen has for the permanent job.

Forestieri is wasted with his back to goal but I would play him as a lone striker any day rather than play Jordan Rhodes, in his present incarnation, in any position.

I really don't know what Bullen is thinking at the moment.

26 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He chose him to take 6th?

Plenty of other options rather than using him as a scapegoat when we should have won the game in normal time.

I was replying to the manager threw him under the bus cobblers

Wasnt implying he was at fault or should be the scapegoat 

And like you said it should have been won before pens ......dont even want to think about it !

3 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Rhodes has shown nothing since he came to us. The very fact that he was on the bench against Millwall and started tonight instead of Forestieri needs explaining properly in any interview Lee Bullen has for the permanent job.

Forestieri is wasted with his back to goal but I would play him as a lone striker any day rather than play Jordan Rhodes, in his present incarnation, in any position.

I really don't know what Bullen is thinking at the moment.

Possibly because Forestieri is facing a six match ban if he loses his appeal, so the need to keep Rhodes fit as back up to Fletcher in the system we play with one up front?

9 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

It's weird when you look at the stats, in his first full season with us he scored 7 goals which we deemed a disaster and a waste of money. 

He scored 9 times for Norwich last season and they deemed him to be a raging success.

For someone who is deemed as a goalscorer I'd argue neither of those is enough to be honest.

Such a raging success he spent most matches on the bench , and they  didn't want him back 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Every time I see him it makes me think he's got no pals at the club

Don't know why

He just doesn't look like a happy camper tbh. 

Didn't he hint towards there having been some issue with us when he moved to Norwich?

Thing is, if Norwich wanted him so bad, they could have offered us more than er zero pounds. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chuck said:

Possibly because Forestieri is facing a six match ban if he loses his appeal, so the need to keep Rhodes fit as back up to Fletcher in the system we play with one up front?

So in that case the ban should have been taken on the chin as it would be virtually over now 

If what you are saying is correct we have given him a double length ban !! 

Edited by the monk

44 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yeah poor old Franny, being too good for his teammates must be why he never scored more than 7 goals in any season in his career and also flopped in the PL and SPL at Arsenal, Rangers, Charlton and Blackburn. 

He was no world beater of course.

Compared to his teammates at the time though, who had not played higher than the 2nd division and we were the biggest club they'd played for, he was on a completely different wavelength.

Subtle differences make big changes, he was poor for us but was not helped by the fact his teammates didn't know how to play or gel with him.

15 minutes ago, Charlie Chuck said:

Rhodes can't do a holding role in place of Fletch, totally different type of player.

4 hours ago, Alan said:

I will never forget that Jordan Rhodes who battered us with 4 goals for Huddersfield. I just can't see that player in him anymore sadly, or ever getting it back here or anywhere else. 

You see the state of our defence at that time though? My dog would have a good chance of bagging one if you have him a full game