Jordan Rhodes

2 minutes ago, trev said:

Does Rhodes strike you as the type or person who would respond well to that?

I fear it would be hugely detrimental.

Without being too harsh, how much more detrimental can it get in terms of making him contribute any less?

I don't condone booing him but I'd just rather not have him in the side at the moment as we have players who offer far more.

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If you watched the goal Nuhiu sent him flying when he went for the ball...but that's not what people need to hear is it lol 

Just rewatched the video, he doesn’t send him flying he just nudges him to knock the ball in the net. Rhodes then looks over his shoulder at us scoring with no reaction. Is a tad weird, but not important as our 5th choice striker and will probably end up on loan somewhere. Sure this thread will not get many pages. :duntmatter:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
39 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Your team mate has just scored a 90th minute winner against a local rival all the team celebrate and he walks away ! Come on lad. Everyone wants you to come good.

He’s absolutely useless!

Completely anonymous tonight yet again. But there'll still be people repeating their strange belief that if we give him a run in the team and play to his strengths (whatever they may be because I don't know) he'll suddenly regain his form from 5 years ago. 

Looks like he got bundled out of the way and was disappointed he didn’t get the chance to be honest, and he went across in end anyway so dunno what all cryings about 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Completely anonymous tonight yet again. But there'll still be people repeating their strange belief that if we give him a run in the team and play to his strengths (whatever they may be because I don't know) he'll suddenly regain his form from 5 years ago. 

Thing is, this run in the team will be at the expense if Fletcher who yes needs 5/6 chances before he scores but he generally gets 5/6 efforts away in a game. 

JR is usually 5/10 yards off the pace never mind creating anything. Truly awful and hed be bottom of the pile striker wise for me at the moment. 

Anyone who thinks Rhodes wants to be here is off there head anyway,  he knows he ain’t getting in first 11 regardless because it’s Fletchers shirt and half the time we only play 1 up , and blatantly wanted to stay at Norwich and not a clue why anyone would have a pop at him for wanting to !  There lot loved him there last year

14 minutes ago, David1867 said:

We need to stop booing fox and start giving Rhodes dogs abuse with the hope that he sorts himself out! He's a disgrace especially after publicly stating that he enjoyed his time at Norwich. 

Getting stuck into your own players is generally no use to anyone. 

The only player is used to give stick too was Pembridge. It didn't make him perform any better. It didn't make me feel any better. 

As for Rhodes, I just can't be arsed commenting on him anymore.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Looks like he got bundled out of the way and was disappointed he didn’t get the chance to be honest, and he went across in end anyway so dunno what all cryings about 

Got nudged out of the way by someone with far more desire to put the ball in the back of the net, which is a good thing as he was never going to manage it himself.

He reacts with more disappointment than some of the Rotherham players alongside him.

Crying is a bit steep, simply frustrated at his continued below par performances. His attitude has generally rarely been called into question but things like this on the back of how he is playing wont help.

Looks frustrated that Nuhiu pushed him out the way to score. But surely he knows you need that aggression to score and he made sure for the team?

I think having so many strikers may contribute toward this as they probably all want to out score each other to get a game. 

17 minutes ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

Tried tonight but the game passed him by. Not enough strength to be a hold up striker and not enough pace to outrun defenders.

Basically. It was always going to be a bit of a scrap which didn’t help... I never want to talk any player down after a win... but I’m struggling to see what the fix is here. 

28 minutes ago, David1867 said:

We need to stop booing fox and start giving Rhodes dogs abuse with the hope that he sorts himself out! He's a disgrace especially after publicly stating that he enjoyed his time at Norwich. 

So are our loan players allowed to enjoy being here ?

• Like 1