TINKERBELL

Experienced championship manager please DC

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

Let's have this talk after the second round of 6 

I'm hoping I'm going to get ripped to shreds and have the pee taken out of me big time , but I just cant see it.

We've been lucky, just the same as Jos was with last years start.

If we continue with Bullen we will end up mid table and it will be another wasted year and more money lost for Chansiri 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo we have a very capable squad, best squad we have had for a long time. It is up to the manager to motivate, use the correct tactics and get them giving everything on the pitch. As crap as it is Bruce got them doing that. Jos obviously didn’t. 

The point I was trying to make was, I think we do have a decent squad, but it’s probably lacking a bit of a cutting edge.  I think, with this squad, under whichever manager, an upper mid table finish is a realistic expectation Would be lying Bluey if I didn’t admit to sharing some of your fears about how it might turn out, but I’d probably feel the same with the other candidates who have been linked While I think a finish of around 8th would be what we are likely to achieve, with a bit of luck, we might make the play offs. Were a candidate to step forward, who would give us a significantly better chance of doing that, I’d be cool with appointing him  At the moment, I see no such candidate

• Agree 1

mbf, we've been lacking a cutting edge for as long as I can remeber. 

When was the last time Wednesday had a ruthless team who punished the opposition time and time again?

Lost count of the amount of games I have been to/watched where we've missed easy chances and then conceded a sloppy goal. 

Even with players the quality of Hooper, Nando, Fletcher, Bannan, Lee and so forth, we still have a knack of missing guilt edge chances and getting punished for it. 

Edited by SiJ

I'm basically agnostic on the Bully question, but I do enjoy the line of reasoning that goes:

• we need an experienced manager
  • to immplement the tactics that are obvious to me, a dork on the internets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this pal. We showed a poor Millwall side too much respect by totally abandoning our high press, high tempo approach to go route 1 to Fletcher totally bypassing midfield q

Would agree with you on the high tempo worked very well against Barnsley and we should tailor it against different sides.  I welcome the new wingers but against a well Marshall defence they can soon become ineffective. 

Tactically is where Bullen should be tested, very much still on the fence there myself. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

The point I was trying to make was, I think we do have a decent squad, but it’s probably lacking a bit of a cutting edge.  I think, with this squad, under whichever manager, an upper mid table finish is a realistic expectation Would be lying Bluey if I didn’t admit to sharing some of your fears about how it might turn out, but I’d probably feel the same with the other candidates who have been linked While I think a finish of around 8th would be what we are likely to achieve, with a bit of luck, we might make the play offs. Were a candidate to step forward, who would give us a significantly better chance of doing that, I’d be cool with appointing him  At the moment, I see no such candidate

Np Amigo I know where you are coming from but I'd much rather have such as Rowett who is available at the helm, he was doing great at Derby and when sacked by Stoke he was halfway through eliminating the dead wood and sorting the wheat from the chaff

14 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Confidence i don't got a problem with,ignoring the qualities or lack of according to this place of other teams stinks of arrogance.

Its not ignoring qualities for me personally I said from the start I expect us to be up there challenging and those are the games i expect us to do well against apart from preston away which is always a tough task. Its always hard to judge teams in the first few games and Im happy with the points so far as I thought we would maybe snatch a draw at reading.

• Agree 1

It's time for a change now. Weve tried with Bullen and it hasn't worked. Theres still time to salvage this season.

• Agree 1

Well this thread needs a timely bump..

Bullen clearly isn’t the answer. The longer our esteemed chairman drags his heels on appointing a proper manager, the more points we will gift the opposition. There can be no apologising for our recent performances.

Bullen needs to step aside and let someone better come in

Over to you DC and do it quickly