Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

Burnley away year 2000 lost one nil. Adam muller and Owen Morrison up front. Midweek game. Horrendous performance never looked scoring. Would have gladly left early if 3/4 down. Talked my mate into going with me . Wasn’t very happy on the drive home 

Too many to mention but a special mention must go to the loss at Port Vale in 03/04.

Freezing cold day. David Lucas got injured and Kim Olsen made his debut from the subs bench.

Just an awful awful day, and just look at the starting eleven which included the now Villa boss.

Lucas

Geary - D Smith - Haslam - Barry-Murphy

Quinn - Wilson - Armstrong - P Smith

Robins - Proudlock

31 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

That's why I said choose one. To show that for you that was the absolute low point, it still eats at you, yet you keep coming back. It's an illness I tell thee...

Ok then. 

2-2 v Yeovil' s 9 men. Shocker.

15 minutes ago, madfan said:

That freezing cold February saturday in Exeter a few years back when we lost to my local team Exeter.

The worst bit was having to ride back home on the same bus with the jubilant Exeter fans.

Was bloody cold day , can remember they sold pizza on the away end and used the pizza boxes to stand on my feet were freezing on the concrete stand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Ok then. 

2-2 v Yeovil' s 9 men. Shocker.

Didn't we draw consecutive home games 2-2 against 9 men? MK Dons being the second one. 

Those 2 games were also sandwiched in between us losing 0-4 at Leyton Orient and 3-5 at Peterborough. :laugh:

Edited by TheEnchanter
1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Wednesday at home to Man City in April 1970 on a thoroughly unpleasant midweek evening. It chucked it down all match.

In front of the biggest crowd of the season (45,000+), Wednesday needed a win to stay in the old Division One and Man City virtually handed the game to Wednesday who were so inept, they still lost.

City appeared to be so disinterested that Doyle "passed" his penalty to Grummitt and the rest of the City side seemed more bothered about their summer holidays thn winning a football match. Everybody that is, except for Ian Bowyer who scored both City's goals. Ex-City player Tony Coleman netted a consolation for Wednesday in between both City goals.

It was my first experience of relegation and it was the start of turbulent times for Wednesday.

Yes, this is the one that came to mind for me.

City did their best not to win but think Bowyer didn't get the memo saying not to bother with the match.

Soooo many to choose from but here's my top 3 in not specific order

Cambridge utd away lost 4 nil 1991

Colchester away lost 4 nil circa 2004

And the famous 9 man yeovil draw

Could list them for hours tho, not so many highs either

The 2-4 against them lot...

The 2-2 against Yeovil...

A 2-0 defeat against Huddersfield with Darren Potter doing the three corners of doom. 

Oh, and drawing 0-0 to Rushden and Diamonds. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Didn't we draw consecutive home games 2-2 against 9 men? MK Dons being the second one. 

Those 2 games were also sandwiched in between us losing 0-4 at Leyton Orient and 3-5 at Peterborough. :laugh:

True, but MK only went down to nine men right at the end of the game so it wasn't quite as bad as the Yeovil one...

Colchester at home first game of the season under turner. We were mullered.

Yeovil at home

0-0 Vs Rushden and Diamonds

Bolton away under CC - Lost 2-1 the most spineless performance i've seen

Crikey, i've only just got started

Forgot to mention the sight of the Palarse fans invading our pitch as the likes of Darren Purse and Francis Jeffers trudged off like they'd never broken sweat. What a low feeling and live on BBC 1 as well. 

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Didn't Harry Kane score for Orient that day? 

(Trying to make a ridiculous defeat sound a bit better.......)

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Forgot to mention the sight of the Palarse fans invading our pitch as the likes of Darren Purse and Francis Jeffers trudged off like they'd never broken sweat. What a low feeling and live on BBC 1 as well. 

Darren Potter and James O'Connor with matching headbands...

*shudders*

I lost my sh*t with Potter so much that a mother and her kids tried to move. Apologies to whoever they were. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6