Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

10 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Preston. Saturday.

I was in a box and they served an Argentinian Malbec with Beef Stroganoff.

Malbec.

FFS!

I do sympathise. A nice Primitivo, or perhaps a heavy Douro would have complemented it better. Still at least it was Argentinian. A French one would have been beyond the pale. I would hope a box at today's match would improve on the cuisine... 

Perhaps a  nice Pukka pie with a few pints of Old Peculiar? 

1 minute ago, therac said:

I do sympathise. A nice Primitivo, or perhaps a heavy Douro would have complemented it better. Still at least it was Argentinian. A French one would have been beyond the pale. I would hope a box at today's match would improve on the cuisine... 

Perhaps a  nice Pukka pie with a few pints of Old Peculiar? 

I was just about to neg you, and get all my friends to neg you too (I've not really got any tbh), for even mentioning the words "French" and  "Malbec" in the same sentence, But no, you smashed it out of the park didn't you.

Pukka and OP? You've got my attention now lol

I’m sure most of the truly horrible performances from my time watching Wednesday have already been mentioned so I’ll go for one that may have been missed. 

I’ve generally only got positive memories of away days at Leicester from the famous ‘Yeelloows’ chant match of 1982 when Ante  Mirocevic scored his one and only screamer, to the 4-2 victory in our double season of 90-91, to the mad game in 2006 when Brunt, Whelan and Tudgay decided to have their own goal of the season competition. To balance these happy memories I nominate the 6-1 mauling we received in January 1987 when things had started to go stale under Howard Wilkinson. Sorry for reminding anyone who had forgotten :sad:

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

A few different ones more recent ones. They probably rotate in which was worse to be honest.

2-2 V Palace- Horrible watch, wasn't there but watched on the TV live on the BBC. Relegated, they seemed delighted that Palace had survived. Clarke scoring and then going off injured summed his time here up.

2-4 V Blunts- Obviously really, I don't think I need to go into it anymore.

0-1 V Rotherham- Warnock coming back and winning in the Wembley season. I don't think I've ever been more convinced of a win prior to a game than that one. Don't think I've been as angry after a game either.

1-1 V Huddersfield- Play offs, again don't think I need to go into it any further. The way I'd describe it was imagine the Brighton game the year before as a band you really like and the Huddersfield game as a really sh!t tribute act.

I’d totally forgotten that Rotherham game, Warnock did a proper job on us and was awful to watch (shudders).

5 - 1 defeat at Walsall, December 1977. Terrible, Tommy Tynan missed a pen. Roger Wylde got one. Also remember another game at Walsall around that time which was abandoned after around 35 minutes because of torrential rain.

On 31/08/2019 at 08:31, oldowl67 said:

I’m sure most of the truly horrible performances from my time watching Wednesday have already been mentioned so I’ll go for one that may have been missed. 

I’ve generally only got positive memories of away days at Leicester from the famous ‘Yeelloows’ chant match of 1982 when Ante  Mirocevic scored his one and only screamer, to the 4-2 victory in our double season of 90-91, to the mad game in 2006 when Brunt, Whelan and Tudgay decided to have their own goal of the season competition. To balance these happy memories I nominate the 6-1 mauling we received in January 1987 when things had started to go stale under Howard Wilkinson. Sorry for reminding anyone who had forgotten :sad:

Is that the one featuring Kenny Brannigan?

Am going for two nightmare matches. One was the Everton game in the mid 80’s when we could have gone top of the old first division and got hammered. 5 down at half time, finished 5 -1 l think with fatty Reid running amok in midfield. Other one was the Chelsea cup tie in 84 l think. 3-0 up and cruising. Collapsed after half time with that loathsome little rat Thomas scoring and Dixon poaching a goal that was way offside.  Ended 4-4 and we lost the replay.

On 31/08/2019 at 08:14, vulva said:

Seem to recall losing at Chesterfield and Nsumbu was the stand out player. When Nsumbu is your stand out player that’s a clear signal that as a football club you have some real issues on your hands.  

Nsumbu was by far our best player that season. I actually thought he was decent for that level. As for that game, I was there and that was a definitive low point for me supporting Wednesday.

As for worst memory, it can only be the 93 replay.

23 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Any game against our hibitual Bogie Team Shrewsbury in 1980's  for me were the worst games but there are so many to choose from in the 46 years that i have followed the Owls. :tango:

There was a 0-0 draw against them at home, I think it was the 81/82 season and it is one of the most dreadful games

I've ever attended. The one standout for me, was a ball came across for  Andy McCullough to head and it hit the back of his head.

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

There was a 0-0 draw against them at home, I think it was the 81/82 season and it is one of the most dreadful games

I've ever attended. The one standout for me, was a ball came across for  Andy McCullough to head and it hit the back of his head.

i bet that really hurt.WTF: