If DC decides he’s had enough.

I think 2 or 3 years ago we had a lot a value in our playing staff and selling the Crown Jewels off would have brought in a good percentage of what he has forked out.  We just missed out on the playoffs and looked like a club on the up so potentially more suitors.

Now there is no where near the same value in the playing staff and DC has pumped loads more money in. The only way to get a return on his investment is the premiership, so I think he will stick it out, but I would expect to less investment.

15 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

But owning a football club is a really stupid way to try to make money. It doesn't matter whether you are considering buying it, or already own it.

Selling the Club now to cut his losses is the only smart play for him. Continuing to throw money into a hole in the hopes of winning the PL lottery is it irrational.

But then there never was any evidence that Chansiri is a rational actor.

Do any of the bigger, wealthier owners do it to make money. I don’t think they do. I reckon it’s more to do with prestige & the challenge that goes with English football. 

I think it’s the two bob millionaires who try to make a quick buck, exactly like the Bury no mark.

I personally don’t see ANY sign of DC pulling out.

I wrote in a previous thread that I think DC is an honourable man who will see it as his duty to finish what he has started. 

More the reason for some previous detractors to realise what we have in DC. ( although not beyond REASONED criticism) and to fully support what he is trying to do, not without considerable interference from the well documented usual suspects from the Council & SYP.

PS Don’t forget his son’s involvement. That can be a huge influence, even on the wealthiest businessman.

21 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yes if no buyer was found to plug the holes, same as every other club. Overspending is rife amongst pretty much every EFL club, saying that more money should filter down from the Premier League doesn't really help matters either, all it will do is contribute to more over spend.

If parachute payments were ceased and this money spread amongst all EFL clubs think it would ease finances lower down and would take some heat out of Championship  I do not think it would stop over spending but would certainly reduce overspending. if clubs got promoted it would mean would only get inflated money for years present in premiership. There is also a major case for saying Championship should get much more TV money as it accounts for a substantial proportion of Sky TV coverage as they no longer have Spanish football and have given up on football from other countries. The were putting on MLS from US which was absolute rubbish. many Championship games are highly entertaining and often feature major clubs in the country who are amongst 20 best supported. Hence think major shake up should occur and is well overdue. Think demise of Bury and perhaps Bolton will put thinking caps on and realise some change required.

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I personally don’t see ANY sign of DC pulling out.

I wrote in a previous thread that I think DC is an honourable man who will see it as his duty to finish what he has started. 

More the reason for some previous detractors to realise what we have in DC. ( although not beyond REASONED criticism) and to fully support what he is trying to do, not without considerable interference from the well documented usual suspects from the Council & SYP.

PS Don’t forget his son’s involvement. That can be a huge influence, even on the wealthiest businessman.

I wouldn't question Chansiri being honourable but dont you think he is out of his depth?

Edited by matthefish2002

23 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Would we be in a similar position as Bolton and Bury?

I would imagine any future owner, would have a devil of a job buying us off him.

Am I worrying over nothing or is this a possible scenario?

I think Mr Chansiri has said on a number of cations, he’s here for the long haul. After all the dealings he’s done just a lately tells me he’s not going anywhere !!!     

UTO 

24 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I think Mr Chansiri has said on a number of cations, he’s here for the long haul. After all the dealings he’s done just a lately tells me he’s not going anywhere !!!     

UTO 

He is bound to say he is here for the long haul even if he wasn't.

He is in financially in too deep that he is very, very unlikely to find a buyer even if he wanted half back of what he has spent so far.

12 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We've been swimming in poo for a while, it won't drown us.

I've just been thinking, Sarge, that if we did indeed switch to a kit with brown and white stripes, brown shorts and brown socks with white tops then we'd have to have the stadium painted brown too.

Mind you, at least that would ensure that the stadium got a lick of paint for once.

lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

He is bound to say he is here for the long haul even if he wasn't.

He is in financially in too deep that he is very, very unlikely to find a buyer even if he wanted half back of what he has spent so far.

I genuinely believe he loves the club, and will do anything he can to make us successful again. !!!     UTO 

52 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I've just been thinking, Sarge, that if we did indeed switch to a kit with brown and white stripes, brown shorts and brown socks with white tops then we'd have to have the stadium painted brown too.

Mind you, at least that would ensure that the stadium got a lick of paint for once.

lol

Problem is, anything brown and we'd be associated with those sh1tstains in S2

WTF:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Dont think he is a bad bloke but think he brought the club as a bit of an ego trip myself.

bit like your posts on here then...although you haven't contributed financially...why are our fans so self entitled...I just don't get it given our history

9 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

UTO 

Free transfers and not appointing a manager

14 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Dont think he is a bad bloke but think he brought the club as a bit of an ego trip myself.

Tbf, that's him and a large percentage of owners.

You'll be hard pressed to find many owners who purchase a club for altruistic reasons. 

Usually, a club is bought to sell on for profit (Milan) or as a bit of a vanity/ego project. 

Dont have a problem with it, as long as they do a good job. Admittedly, we could have a very lengthy debate on if Chansiri has done that or not.

Still - could be a lot worse. We could have a Ken Anderson or Steve Dale at the helm...

• Like 1