If DC decides he’s had enough.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

DC must be thinking that we are tantalisingly close to the Prem, at which point our finances go through the roof and our attractiveness to purchasers rockets.

Our recent transfers-in and loans in and out seem really sound. With luck and good management we can do it this season. 

DC must have gone insane, if that's what he's thinking. 

We're so good, we don't need a manager.   That sort of fooks the good management part, so we're riding on luck alone. 

7 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

It's been clear for some time now that he doesn't have the money or the connections to take us up and nobody is going to pay a fraction of what he has already lost.

You might not want to admit it to yourself but deep down you know Administration, etc. is coming and it is the only way we are going to be able to get shut and get ourselves back on the market for another sugar daddy. Until then purgatory. Oh the joys of modern football.

Absolute garbage!

I don't think money is the problem, DC can spend his own, but FFP and P&S "accounting" says he can't, so he sold Hillsborough Stadium, to himself, because Wednesday needed the money, and...

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We've been swimming in poo for a while, it won't drown us.

Exactly.  SWFC, for a couple of decades now, has been swimming in an ocean of s.h.i.t., but, these days, the "poo" is not as deep.

DC is not a "corporate raider" as we call it here in the U.S.

16 hours ago, Plonk said:

Couldn’t blame him if he did particularly with the stuff that goes on social media

I think that to become a multi millionaire like him and the rest of his family, you have to have a lot of qualities, one of which is being thick skinned. There’s no way he’d let a vocal minority on social media make him walk away from 150M a year and the kudos of being a PL chairman.  

People with money like him live in a completely different world to the likes of us and I can imagine social media is just the tittle tattle of the peasants! lol

Who knows, successful and wealthy families stay wealthy by knowing when to cut their losses on projects. 

Like others the fact the stadium is now outside the main limited company is just a red flag. Probably means nothing today but in 5 years, 10 years we have no idea what impact this could have. 

But football fans only give a flute about today I understand that, until it's too.late. 

I dont think Chansiri is suddenly going to all the plug and is not actively looking to sell the club at the moment.

But if losses are say £20m per year since he took over on average that's already up to £100m. Chansiri is a seriously rich bloke but doubt he would be prepared to fund losses like that forever.

If people don’t equate that our recent losses could lead very quickly to a Bolton type collapse they are deluded,

If Chansiri ever wanted out all he would have to do is find another mug who would be willing to lose 10 m quid a year chasing the Dream , and there ain’t many left 

5 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We've been swimming in poo for a while, it won't drown us.

True.

To such an extent that we may in future play in brown and white stripes to reflect that fact.

People would call us the Brownies.

Or worse, the Skidmarks.

lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, poite said:

As if he would just pack his bag and say I've had enough and write-off all the dough he's spent. 

He'd sell us. The only worry would be, who too? 

As long as it’s not someone with no football experience that would massively ramp up prices to spend on aging hasbeens to fund a few years of mid table obscurity and embargo’s... oh wait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Chansiri decides he has had enough he would sell to get some of his money back.
If he pulled out totally he wouldn't get anything back.

Except for that massive stadium he owns that he could fleece us for, drain us in rent, or could sell to anyone he likes for houses. 

19 minutes ago, cbirks said:

Except for that massive stadium he owns that he could fleece us for, drain us in rent, or could sell to anyone he likes for houses. 

I agree that is also a cause of concern to me.
I know people have argued its just exploiting a loop hole the FFP rules and nothing in reality has changed but I dont like the vibe I get from it.
Maybe won't affect us now but in 3 to 4 years time who knows when you look at clubs like Coventry and the problems they are having.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

It's been clear for some time now that he doesn't have the money or the connections to take us up and nobody is going to pay a fraction of what he has already lost.

You might not want to admit it to yourself but deep down you know Administration, etc. is coming and it is the only way we are going to be able to get shut and get ourselves back on the market for another sugar daddy. Until then purgatory. Oh the joys of modern football.

Hang on...

He just bought the ground for 30 odd million. 

His lack of connections led to him getting Steve Bruce in, albeit briefly. 

But despite all that, administraiton is pending? 

What a load of sh*te. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Would we be in a similar position as Bolton and Bury?

I would imagine any future owner, would have a devil of a job buying us off him.

Am I worrying over nothing or is this a possible 

I've not noticed anything to suggest he's going anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Hang on...

He just bought the ground for 30 odd million. 

His lack of connections led to him getting Steve Bruce in, albeit briefly. 

But despite all that, administraiton is pending? 

What a load of sh*te. 

30m?

Thought the figure that was actually paid was around £8m according to the accounts, with the remainder to be paid at a later date. 

And yeah, the ground sale thing is far from ideal. 

Probably the last throw of the dice with respect to FFP compliance. If he doesn't learn from previous mistakes, then it will have all been for nothing. 

Still - I don't see a guy who is just going to bugger off at some point, throw in the towel. He's got too much invested now. 

For all his flaws, I don't think this is a guy who is in this to make money (if he is, then he's going about it in an interesting way).