Fox to Sunderland

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We should sell. The lad can defend but with the ball he’s a league 1 player at best. Given all the unnecessary abuse he has got, I’m sure he will also want the move. I think it will be a good move all round.

We have Iorfa, Odubajo and Palmer to cover full back. We also have other players that can cover in this position at a push.

If Odubajo is our replacement LB then I'd be worried. He's not even good at RB IMO. What's happened to Thorniley?  

Can't let him go as we have no one else, if we'd addressed the issue in the summer with a lad on loan from a Premier League side it would be a good move for both parties. Don't blame him for wanting to go either, certain sections of our fan base want to be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

The way I see it, Fox has been decent since last season’s run in, and I’d be quite happy to keep him. However, if as people claim, we are not out of the woods yet financially, then we perhaps should sell. Would he damage our chances of promotion, were he to be sold? Well hardly, in my opinion, our chances would remain the same, as we have an able deputy in Palmer.  My only reservation would be, Palmer is our best right back. That said, we’ve sighed two players who can cover the right back role, albeit without distinction, so far at least.  I’m hoping Odubajo and Iorfa are much better than what we’ve seen so far

This is the sort of situation where the emergency loan market should still be open. Ideally we sell Fox and then we can borrow a young LB from one of the big teams. 

Agree with market shutting before the season but should still be able to do those 93 day loans in between in case of emergency. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Don't joke!  There was a chump who wanted to give Joao a free the day before we flogged him for £5m!

This is why I'm getting arsey..

I like debating opinions.. I'm fed up with reactionary agenda driven bores..

I can often be all of the above...but not ALL the f*cking TIME..

• Haha 1

If his contract is up next June , we either look to offload or offer him another contract . Isn’t that obvious ? What’s all the fuss , you lot saying keep him are saying if we aren’t keeping him we will get nothing for him , so what’s the option because I’m at a loss here , to say fans should be ashamed of themselves, typical statement but still gets a “ dear me “ from me . So what do we do all you wanting to keep him ? 

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Looks like a new enquiry, probably on the back of the Sunderland take over, this is a good example of being more financially savvy, if we can get our money back it may be a good deal.

Palmer and Moses to cover and bring in another left back maybe one who is out of contract in the summer

Exactly, before Owlstalk make the decision, do we know how much the bid is.

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Not 100% sure but when he went to Accrington the other year I’m sure he was the LB. Thorniley’s problem is he is under 6ft, and for a CB a lot managers will have reservations. For me the lad looks like he could play LB easily. 

We have cover at centre back now.

If Thorniley is to get the first team football, he needs at this stage of his career, it will have to be at left back.

Never let us down playing centre back or full back.