Fox to Sunderland

100 people out of 24k boo* his selection and suddenly he has been treated with more hate than a suicide bomber!

The Star make a a weeks worth of copy out of it and the hard of thinking lap it up. 

Now we suddenly have to keep him in case his feelings are hurt and he's become a good left back

*it was a groan not even a boo!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, torres said:

100 people out of 24k boo* his selection and suddenly he has been treated with more hate than a suicide bomber!

The Star make a a weeks worth of copy out of it and the hard of thinking lap it up. 

Now we suddenly have to keep him in case his feelings are hurt and he's become a good left back

*it was a groan not even a boo!!

If a hundred people negged everyone of your posts..wether good or bad.. you'd soon start feeling persecuted and hard done to..

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If a hundred people negged everyone of your posts..wether good or bad.. you'd soon start feeling persecuted and hard done to..

''persecuted'' - seriously!!!

He's getting thousands a week, for being not very good at his job and because of a few groans he is now persecuted!!

Give over!!

23 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've changed my mind on this..let him go..on reflection if we retain him he'd be under impossible pressure every minute of every game to be perfect..

It's not fair on the lad.

Perhaps he’s not a shrinking violet , perhaps he’s thinking I will show them boo boys I am good enough  Perhaps ? 

If palmer is injured then the line up without Fox in the squad could easily be;

Rhodes,

Forestieri.                  Harris

Bannan

Hutchinson.                 Lee

Reach, Lees, Borner, Iorfa

Westwood

Just now, SolihullOwl79 said:

Rhodes,

Bannan

Westwood

Is Fox kidnapping Fletcher?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Rhodes,

Bannan

Westwood

So Fox was the one holding Rhodes back and also making Reach tackle like an elderly lady!

Once he's gone . . . watch them go!!!

26 minutes ago, torres said:

''persecuted'' - seriously!!!

He's getting thousands a week, for being not very good at his job and because of a few groans he is now persecuted!!

Give over!!

Fox has been far from poor this season. We always seem to look for a scapegoat on here when things aren't going great. Often totally unjustified. 

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Fox has been far from poor this season. We always seem to look for a scapegoat on here when things aren't going great. Often totally unjustified. 

This season!! he has played 2 games and been ok-ish!

I'm not saying he is a walking disaster  - i just think for the good of all parties concerned it would be best for him to be sold 

Have to laugh at the hypocrisy in this thread...………………...posters ranting for 21 pages about the abuse Fox receives , yet most have them seem to have no problem slating Odubajo after 5 performances !!!

Anyway , my take on it

1. Cant blame the lad for wanting to leave, some of the stick he has received has been really unnecessary.

2. Like most fans I have supported him when he has played and never booed him, his effort and attitude have never been in question...…….. however my opinion on him based on the three years he has been with us hasn`t changed , and that is he is an average to below average championship footballer who is probably more suited to league one, and if we can get a fee for him in the last year of his contract then we should take it IMHO and wish him all the best at Sunderland.

10 minutes ago, torres said:

This season!! he has played 2 games and been ok-ish!

I'm not saying he is a walking disaster  - i just think for the good of all parties concerned it would be best for him to be sold 

It would have been preseason but now it wouldnt make sense as we cant get a replacement. If Sunderland came back in January then I agree it may well be best for all parties as the lad will never get a fair crack here. 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Start of transfer window.

Don't need to. Fox deserves respect, but let's not pretend he'd be a loss. A right-back is keeping our only orthodox left-back out the team. That is the reality. Even with Fox gone, we'd have Palmer, Odubajo, Thorniley, and Reach whom can play there. Plenty to tide us over until new year. If an acceptable bid comes in for the player in his final year and out of favour, would be wasteful to turn it down.

..reports suggest Fox wants the move anyway. Have to factor that into it. Last year here. New contract doubtful. Might be a 3yr deal on the table for him at Sunderland. 

4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Nearly 200 premier league appearances no brainer

Aye. 

Then again Urby Emanuelson had 100 Serie A appearances, 200  Eredivisie appearances and 30 Premier Leage appearances and  dozen International caps.

Abdi. 300 games in the Championship, Serie A and Premier League. 

the thought leaves my nerves on edge.

• Haha 1

Clearly a good move for Fox.

But not necessarily so for Wednesday.

If he leaves we either get a replacement (Olson?) or gamble on Palmer's fitness. I don't like the idea of relying on Odubajo or showhorning Reach in at left back, but with those two options, plus (my preference) Thorniley, I think we have enough.

For anyone thinking that's too risky, we need to bring in Olson, have you considered why he's available? Possibly same reason as Hooper is still available. Why make £1m ish (my guess at transfer fee and wages) selling Fox if we're just going to throw it, and more, on a 2 year pension booster contract for Olson and his agent? Better off keeping Fox and releasing/losing him next summer.