Fox to Sunderland

Hopefully this story has some truth in it and he will be gone for his own sake. Can't fault his application but he is lacking in loads of departments and his confidence must be shot as soon as he hears the "Welcome" from our fans.

He's not up to the standard we are looking for and it forces us to go out an recruit for a decent player at left back in the next window. Good Luck to the lad if he makes it somewhere else.

39 minutes ago, Prince said:

Hopefully this story has some truth in it and he will be gone for his own sake. Can't fault his application but he is lacking in loads of departments and his confidence must be shot as soon as he hears the "Welcome" from our fans.

He's not up to the standard we are looking for and it forces us to go out an recruit for a decent player at left back in the next window. Good Luck to the lad if he makes it somewhere else.

I don't think his confidence is shot. To his credit he gets on with the job at all times.

It's a pity this transfer may occur when he seems to have won some over this last few games, but if we get nowt in summer...........

The way he’s been treated by some fans is disgraceful really. I think there have been signs of a steady if unspectacular player who adds a bit of height in defence for certain games but he did seem nervous when we were pushing for top 2 when he first arrived. Other than that I don’t think he’s done much wrong, just isn’t quite as good an all round full back as what we need.

Edited by Bluesteel

Don't understand how anyone can want to sell. The deal would be no more than half a million surely? so it's not exactly like a huge amount of money to help us out, also we can't sign a replacement for 3 months. And most importantly he's our second best left back and man of the match for me two games in a row. People saying Iorfa and Odubajo can cover left back when I haven't seen them master playing right back yet, one got dragged at Millwall and the other has not settled yet for us. 100% keep

21 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Don't understand how anyone can want to sell. The deal would be no more than half a million surely? so it's not exactly like a huge amount of money to help us out, also we can't sign a replacement for 3 months. And most importantly he's our second best left back and man of the match for me two games in a row. People saying Iorfa and Odubajo can cover left back when I haven't seen them master playing right back yet, one got dragged at Millwall and the other has not settled yet for us. 100% keep

And get nothing for him next summer ? Thought we were trying to deal more sensibly. You may well think he has been our best player the last 2 games that’s your call , what I have seen is a player who has slightly improved his performances which have been  poor up to now .  

Can't really blame him if he wants out. 

Guy has been treated shockingly by a vocal and incredibly stupid minority of our "fans". 

Yeah, he's not great, but no player should be getting booed by his own fans pre-match. 

Morons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

And get nothing for him next summer ? Thought we were trying to deal more sensibly. You may well think he has been our best player the last 2 games that’s your call , what I have seen is a player who has slightly improved his performances which have been  poor up to now .  

500k is neither or though is it? if he goes in the summer for free its not like we've missed out on 5 million for a player, it'll be a few hundred grand. And its who we replace him with, if palmer gets injured or suspended do we shoehorn iorfa or odubajo there? when neither of them have showed that they're comfortable playing on their stronger foot never mind their weak one

3 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

500k is neither or though is it? if he goes in the summer for free its not like we've missed out on 5 million for a player, it'll be a few hundred grand. And its who we replace him with, if palmer gets injured or suspended do we shoehorn iorfa or odubajo there? when neither of them have showed that they're comfortable playing on their stronger foot never mind their weak one

500k for someone who is 3rd choice is not worth doing????

I think u are mistaking us with Barcelona!

This shows how farcical the Transfer window, and the workings of the EFL are. How would it be if Fox we=as our star/Key player? We can legally sell him to Sunderland, but not, if they wanted him, to neighbouring Newcastle. Likewise, we can sell him ,but not replace him. 

Forget the actual player and replace him in the market with Bannan, say.. The silly part is that this could well be that a team such as Macclesfield Town could buy say, Harris, but we can't replace him. Crazy.

Easy one for me - keep.

I think Palmer and Fox may become our full-back pairing. Odu worries me terribly, which leaves us with only three, in Fox, Iorfa and Palmer.

£500k now v nothing in December v possible extension of contract if he does well. No brainer.

Also helps that he is decent in the air for set pieces at both ends.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, English Man said:

Get him sold. Don't particularly like or dislike him but don't think we will miss him. Prob last opportunity to get some cash for him and we need to learn to sell in our current state. We have enough cover to last until we can get someone in new year. 

Agreed. Gets more flack than he deserves, but it's clear we need to upgrade his position. If Sunderland's bid reaches an acceptable figure, he goes. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I've changed my mind on this..let him go..on reflection if we retain him he'd be under impossible pressure every minute of every game to be perfect..

It's not fair on the lad.

True, and we can always stick Lees out there. Or Rhodes. We've plenty of bodies in the squad.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed. Gets more flack than he deserves, but it's clear we need to upgrade his position. If Sunderland's bid reaches an acceptable figure, he goes. 

How do we upgrade him before game 27?