Fox to Sunderland

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The thing is as well. We have had the same core of the squad for about 4-6 seasons now. In a way I wouldn't be opposed to selling almost any player in this team if it was for the right amount. 

I do think there's a tad too much obsession with some of our players which is in honesty quite a loyal trait of our fans and definitely counters the fact that some people like to blame our fan base for not supporting certain players. 

But in this league we've probably had the same players too long and its yielded the same inconsistencies each year. I don't see how anyone can argue against that fact no matter how deflating it seems. Bruce, who was building something here, was right when he said we'd need about 4+ transfer windows to turn what was 6 months ago a pretty turgid scenario. 

Spot on. 

29 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Can I put it this way Enchanter?

You want sausage egg and chips for your tea and that's what's dished up..but the chips are crinkle cut oven chips..do you..

A) Say that did the job alright but it would have been nicer with proper chips.

B)Go on an unnecessary rampage and burn the frozen chip factory down..

C) Have a zen moment and realise that your wife is doing her best with what she's got..

?

I'd passive aggressively burn the bridges of my wonderful and varied diet and force myself onto the keto diet refusing all forms of carbohydrate, and the joys they bring. The kitchen would turn into our own private atrium of misery. 

But the tears rolling down my cheeks as I scoff a box of soggy microchips at midnight, in the moonlight... alone, would give me a warm amount of satisfaction. The knowledge that I could be hyprocritical in my own private ways. She would never know I cheated her im this way. But unsuspecting to me she would already know I've settled for mediocrity in life and not just in the potato product arena... a wider metaphor for a failed marriage. A discarded and sodden box of McCains microwave chips with its thin film of greased paper interior and the remains of one molten hot chip stuck underneath the perforated flap. Hanging on, clinging to its dignity. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Can I put it this way Enchanter?

You want sausage egg and chips for your tea and that's what's dished up..but the chips are crinkle cut oven chips..do you..

A) Say that did the job alright but it would have been nicer with proper chips.

B)Go on an unnecessary rampage and burn the frozen chip factory down..

C) Have a zen moment and realise that your wife is doing her best with what she's got..

?

Gotta be B

Fkn crinkle cut oven rubbish  :dry:

Thought he was one of our better players in the last couple of games. Overall they were two poor team performances but Fox was close to being our stand out player in both games to be fair. Fox and Palmer have both improved. It would be ridiculous to let Fox go, whilst the transfer window is shut for us. Would reconsider in January or the summer, depending upon performances and if we can bring in a suitable replacement. 

• Like 1

I think we should sell and bring in a free transfer until Jan

Fox is out of contract in the summer so probably won't be signing a new one

Anything over 500k is decent money instead of losing him for nothing

16 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I just don't understand why the imbeciles and baffoons in the FA decide to remove the  same transfer window for all?? 

What was so bad about everyone being given the same allotted time to bring in and sell players?? 

All in the name of TV 'drama' I should expect.

Greased palms and stuffed envelopes.

38xtw8.jpg.d7bc362cdcabd68662707dcfa3fd063d.jpg

• Like 1