Fox to Sunderland

I'd be tempted to cash in. The squad is still a bit bloated, although mostly at striker. We do have three right backs who have all played over 100 games at this level in that position, Ash Baker as another back up (and even have two more players in Hutch and Lee who started their careers as right backs). So they can cover left back. Palmer actually looked better on the left than the right and I think he is still first choice.

Fox always tries his hardest, can tackle and head, but he's hopeless on the ball. Best you can hope for is a 5 or 6 out of 10 performance. Plays like a centre back who's been shifted out to the left. So, worst case scenario and Palmer does get injured I also don't think we lose that much by having Thorniley or even Bates being shunted across. They will equally struggle on the ball, but know how to defend. Plus Thorniley's played nearly half his senior starts at left back.

If we were to sell though, I wouldn't have loaned out Penney who showed some promise last season. Hopefully he will come back to us a better player from Germany.

38 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

In the games fox has played that you've seen.. give me your ratings for each game..be honest.. this season.

2 good games out of god knows how many

Same reason I’m not gonna give Nuhui a contract off his showing last Saturday

Get a grip - he’s t0ss

56 minutes ago, Ian said:

Sunderland it is then....cus they would never hound one of their players who was poo ,,,,,never mind offer the manager out after a game......anyone who thinks we are the only set of fans who criticise players who are under par wants to give their head a wobble....it’s the nature of the game and one of the reasons they are handsomely rewarded 

Everybody will criticise a player that’s football.

Anyone who boos their own player when the team sheet is read out needs to give their head more than a wobble.

but these people won’t boo Odubajo who gave two penalties away, cost us 3 points at Preston and got Westwood sent off at Reading coz he cannot defend. 

Tell me what Fox has done wrong this season? Tell me what Odubajo has done wrong this season? 

Who gets booed? You will clearly see what I mean. 

I will criticise a player but never boo them on match day. 

I criticise Odubajo, he is lower league one player at best and not a patch on Ifora or Palmer but I won’t boo him come match day. 

Edited by Road Runner
  • Like 1

The way I see it, we're going to be at the limit of FFP once again next summer, and if Fox stays we aren't likely to go up (imo) just as if he goes we aren't likely to go down either, so let's get some money for him and save on the wages for a year too. 

Or he can stay, we don't go up, and he goes for nowt next summer whilst we will have paid his wages for an extra 11 months. 

It's not just Fox either, I'd consider any serious offer for any of our player's. 

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Anyone who boos their own player when the team sheet is read out needs to give their head more than a wobble.

but these people won’t boo Odubajo who gave two penalties away, cost us 3 points at Preston and got Westwood sent off at Reading coz he cannot defend. 

Tell me what Fox has done wrong this season? Tell me what Odubajo has done wrong this season? 

I criticise Odubajo, he is lower league one player at best and not a patch on Ifora or Palmer but I won’t boo him come match day. 

So you've made your decision about Odubajo after 4 games that he's a lower league one player even though he's played at Championship level for most of his career and even been part of a promotion team. :laugh:

He had a shocker no doubt but after 4 games you are doing exactly the same as what you're criticising others for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Didn't Westwood come running out like a crazed idiot?

Confident that Odubajo will get to grips with the demands of the club and will become a decent defender.  

Fox is a decent defender, very honest but restricted going forward, a decent crosser tho when he does get forward.   

Happy if he stays or goes, if he wants to leave the club then it might be best if he did leave.  Wish him well whatever he chooses.

• Like 1

how crazy things are we used Hutchinson at right back at millwall 4th choice in that position now we have nothing on left side and palmer has had 1-2 injury issues since july so if fox went we would be playing centre halfs at left back ie thornily . we have needed a left back since carlos the clown`s reign a good 3-4 years and still aint fetched a decent 1 in. stop giving fox dog sh*t abuse we know he has limitations but is a good defender. I can clearly see why he would want to go though. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So you've made your decision about Odubajo after 4 games that he's a lower league one player even though he's played at Championship level for most of his career and even been part of a promotion team. :laugh:

He had a shocker no doubt but after 4 games you are doing exactly the same as what you're criticising others for. 

No  I live near Hull so seen quite a lot of him. I already knew the mistakes he had in him. 

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Didn't Westwood come running out like a crazed idiot?

Confident that Odubajo will get to grips with the demands of the club and will become a decent defender.  

Fox is a decent defender, very honest but restricted going forward, a decent crosser tho when he does get forward.   

Happy if he stays or goes, if he wants to leave the club then it might be best if he did leave.  Wish him well whatever he chooses.

Yes Westwood did come out like a crazed idiot but if he was confident in his defence he wouldn’t have come, he knew he had to get there because Odubajo wouldn’t. 

He was too late but commited himself, watch it back. 

Agree with the rest though apart from Odubajo is third choice behind Palmer and Ifora. 

The thing is as well. We have had the same core of the squad for about 4-6 seasons now. In a way I wouldn't be opposed to selling almost any player in this team if it was for the right amount. 

I do think there's a tad too much obsession with some of our players which is in honesty quite a loyal trait of our fans and definitely counters the fact that some people like to blame our fan base for not supporting certain players. 

But in this league we've probably had the same players too long and its yielded the same inconsistencies each year. I don't see how anyone can argue against that fact no matter how deflating it seems. Bruce, who was building something here, was right when he said we'd need about 4+ transfer windows to turn what was 6 months ago a pretty turgid scenario. 

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Yes Westwood did come out like a crazed idiot but if he was confident in his defence he wouldn’t have come, he knew he had to get there because Odubajo wouldn’t. 

He was too late but commited himself, watch it back. 

Agree with the rest though apart from Odubajo is third choice behind Palmer and Ifora. 

See potential in him can see him becoming first choice 

If he has any say in things, i'm sure that Fox will opt for a berth at Sunderland. Here he will stand a chance of being appreciated, and this will no doubt lead to an uplift in performance from him. He must be fed up of his reception at S6 where there is a hard core of supporters for whom he can do no right, and are vocal in their feelings.

I must admit to having mixed feelings about him, and his prowess, but appreciate that the one thing which would benefit him more than anything is something he has never  been able to achieve at Hillsborough - regular football. Don't be surprised if he makes a name for himself, and please don't start grumbling when he starts to make a name for himself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

If he has any say in things, i'm sure that Fox will opt for a berth at Sunderland. Here he will stand a chance of being appreciated, and this will no doubt lead to an uplift in performance from him. He must be fed up of his reception at S6 where there is a hard core of supporters for whom he can do no right, and are vocal in their feelings.

I must admit to having mixed feelings about him, and his prowess, but appreciate that the one thing which would benefit him more than anything is something he has never  been able to achieve at Hillsborough - regular football. Don't be surprised if he makes a name for himself, and please don't start grumbling when he starts to make a name for himself.

Don't personally subscribe to us being bad or negative fans though. At other clubs players will recieve just as much abuse and in many cases worse than what our fans will dish out. I mean it wasn't long ago that Sunderland fans were slagging off their players to high heaven with years of toxic atmospheres at the Stadium of Light. 

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The thing is as well. We have had the same core of the squad for about 4-6 seasons now. In a way I wouldn't be opposed to selling almost any player in this team if it was for the right amount. 

I do think there's a tad too much obsession with some of our players which is in honesty quite a loyal trait of our fans and definitely counters the fact that some people like to blame our fan base for not supporting certain players. 

But in this league we've probably had the same players too long and its yielded the same inconsistencies each year. I don't see how anyone can argue against that fact no matter how deflating it seems. Bruce, who was building something here, was right when he said we'd need about 4+ transfer windows to turn what was 6 months ago a pretty turgid scenario. 

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't personally subscribe to us being bad or negative fans though. At other clubs players will recieve just as much abuse and in many cases worse than what our fans will dish out. I mean it wasn't long ago that Sunderland fans were slagging off their players to high heaven with years of toxic atmospheres at the Stadium of Light. 

Can I put it this way Enchanter?

You want sausage egg and chips for your tea and that's what's dished up..but the chips are crinkle cut oven chips..do you..

A) Say that did the job alright but it would have been nicer with proper chips.

B)Go on an unnecessary rampage and burn the frozen chip factory down..

C) Have a zen moment and realise that your wife is doing her best with what she's got..

?

• Like 3