Fox to Sunderland

Guest Bulgaria
29 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The many posters on here, who continually criticise Morgan Fox (and others), are the main reason why we are also-rans.

Thats nonsense.

Players have been criticized since football was invented. Sheridan was hounded, King, Worthington, Turner, Madden etc etc. Didn't stop them from making us winners.

Booing players is awful, that I agree with.

14 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

How much has been bid for Morgan Fox? I would say in the region of £150k. He’s in the final year of his contract and the Makems will know fine well of the abuse he gets from the fans. 

How much do do you think we will accept? £300k? Let’s face it, we would release him at the end of next season.

I think there would be every chance of that happening 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Bold thing to say after 5 games.. I hope you're right..

In so much as I only consider that we have an outside chance of making the play offs, but I remain optimistic. Not sure what happened to the top six Premier League youngsters we were supposedly bringing on loan, that might have made the difference

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

In so much as I only consider that we have an outside chance of making the play offs, but I remain optimistic. Not sure what happened to the top six Premier League youngsters we were supposedly bringing on loan, that might have made the difference

I can't remember that being said but it's been a scramble after doubtfire left.

My own view is that we'll need all available hands until 2020...if Fox goes I'll wish him nothing but the best.. but it would be a mistake imo..

Sunderland are set to make a second bid for Sheffield Wednesday left-back Morgan Fox, according to reports.

With Denver Hume as their only senior left-back, the Black Cats badly need competition in that area of the field, perhaps the only one where they are really light on numbers.

The Sunderland Echo are reporting the Wearsiders have already had one bid turned down for 25-year-old Fox, but are ready to come back with another this week 

Hume has only made 11 senior starts in his career, and has a chequered injury record. He played poorly in the opening game of the season as a wing-back, and was substituted at half-time in the second.

Conor McLaughlin started the matches against Accrington Stanley , Portsmouth and Rochdale , but the right-footer looked ill at ease there

• Thanks 1

Makes sense to get a fee for Fox in this final year of his contract. Good for the player to escape the boo boys and frankly we'd be daft to extend his stay into next year. Guess we are looking to see Penney rebuild fitness and confidence between now and January and in the meantime Thornily and Obi provide cover for Palmer at LB with big Dom at RB with Hutch amongst cover options. Circa £150-£200k would be a decent fee given his overall form and run down contract - I would have let him go for nothing this time last year. Give him credit for plugging away and earning an opportunity elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Hey, I don’t abuse our own players, I was just making a point about your post. For what it’s worth I don’t think Fox is a good enough player for the championship, and he’s way off the level of a championship club with promotion aspirations.

But I do agree the abuse is unnecessary and is not helping anybody. But having a boo boy element to our fan base is not the main reason we’ve been languishing in the lower leagues for the last 20 years is it?

I agree it’s not the main reason, but it has contributed to it. I also think it happens at every club in varying degrees. It seems worse here, because we feel we should be doing better than we are. 

Why we should expect so much, from a club that has only won ONE trophy in over 80 years is unfathomable.

34 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

If I was Fox I’d be off in a shot.

Find a club where the fans support you through the good or bad.

Sunderland boycotted pretty much every game when they were in the championship so maybe not the right team for him! 

1 minute ago, BBob said:

What has happened to Jordan Thorniley? 

Was it personal reasons he came back early from ore season tour?

There was some talk on social media that he was the anonymous gay footballer..plus a bit on here.. and that person was going to come out before the season started..

It's been debunked by many and that's the last mention I've heard about him so far..

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Depends what the offer was I suppose, but yes it would leave us short, although Palmer, Odubajo and Thorniley, can all cover there

That’s all they can do though, cover. It’s ridiculous not to have a first choice left footed LB at the club.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

That’s all they can do though, cover. It’s ridiculous not to have a first choice left footed LB at the club.

And not one quick striker, both of which I presumed would have been covered by Premier League loans, but they weren’t 

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There was some talk on social media that he was the anonymous gay footballer..plus a bit on here.. and that person was going to come out before the season started..

It's been debunked by many and that's the last mention I've heard about him so far..

If we've heard nowt it must be quite serious and/or distressing. Looks like the club are giving him all the time he needs.